Atmosphere at Hillsborough

10 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Yes my sums are off.. but £12-15 is giving room to work with.. I agree with what you say basically..

sadly with the season ticket multi deals (good idea - terribly executed) it appears we are stuck with these prices for the foreseeable 

7 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

Current circumstances, ground is too big for the club. Apart from the occassional blip it has been for a long time. Other factors (pricing, etc) have started to add to this but that is the fundamental issue.

Now would be a good time to knock down and rebuild the west stand if we are going to stay at Hillsborough for the long term.

There won’t be a crowd over 28k this season so we don’t even need the seats in the west stand.

2 hours ago, Mus said:

Young lad next tome criticises absolutely everything, so negative and cynical and he can only be about 25 years old.

Dread to think what he'll be like when he's 60+.

Probably like most of us on here .

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

He'll probably be a disalusioned cranky old tvvat with the hump on about the younger generation.

And smuggling chutney into the ground.

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Any ideas why it's so bad ? 

Every game now we get the usual 'is this a library' from the away end, and they're not wrong, its silent at times. 

I moved my ST from the Kop to the North this season thinking it would be better on there and its even worse to be honest, far more abusing our own players and can count on one hand the times theres a song started on the north this season. 

Are we the same at away games now as well? Only been to Huddersfield away this season and that wasn't as good as it used to be a few years ago when I went away every week. 

Anyone else noticed this ?a

Stop moaning about it and do something to improve it.  

20 years of abject sh*te. 

Looked for a time like we were finally out of the woods only to all fall through. In the same time Pigs go from looking like they were headed to League Two to overtaking us for a second spell in the Premier League and looking like they are there to stay. 

High prices. Little hope of it changing any time soon. People are sick and tired of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

It’s boring . Every year we are boring . The games aren’t exciting and we never get anywhere .  The prices put all bar the season tickets holders off so it’s the same faces watching the same bore fest every week . Our half empty past it’s sell by date ground also doesn’t help with noise 

Last 2 games have been very watchable in my opinion 

You’d think it was a morgue if you took notice on here, granted it wasn’t boca juniors v river plate but at times it was decent 

Just far too many gaps in the ground 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

It’s boring . Every year we are boring . The games aren’t exciting and we never get anywhere .  The prices put all bar the season tickets holders off so it’s the same faces watching the same bore fest every week . Our half empty past it’s sell by date ground also doesn’t help with noise 

You need a new hobby mate. Sounds like Wednesday isn't for you. Jog on with your negativity. Sick of all the moaners. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Any ideas why it's so bad ? 

Every game now we get the usual 'is this a library' from the away end, and they're not wrong, its silent at times. 

I moved my ST from the Kop to the North this season thinking it would be better on there and its even worse to be honest, far more abusing our own players and can count on one hand the times theres a song started on the north this season. 

Are we the same at away games now as well? Only been to Huddersfield away this season and that wasn't as good as it used to be a few years ago when I went away every week. 

Anyone else noticed this ?

I'm on the North, row 41 lepp end. There's about 4 or 5 of us who try to create an atmosphere around there, and a small group just below us. I think the problem is with it being season tickets only, especially for the bigger matches. 

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

No Tango there anymore to get it going.

I can’t remember many games at Hillsborough when there’s been a good atmosphere with only 23k in the ground.

If we were pricing games correctly there’d have been around 27k there yesterday and a better atmosphere.

its not just home games the last 2-3 away games had been without atmosphere ,I think its not just us I think its partly to how teams play these days , there isn't too much end to end football ,football in played like chess and very tactically driven,few managers now take risks .

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

Lot more families and chilled out people at away games I notice. Not as many nutters hanging about. 

if your talking about blackburn last week yer that was the case , very few of the chavs burburry boys were there and the usual coke heads must have given it a miss too , maybe the £40 put em off.