Jump to content
Eaton_Swfc

Atmosphere at Hillsborough

Recommended Posts

Any ideas why it's so bad ? 

 

Every game now we get the usual 'is this a library' from the away end, and they're not wrong, its silent at times. 

 

I moved my ST from the Kop to the North this season thinking it would be better on there and its even worse to be honest, far more abusing our own players and can count on one hand the times theres a song started on the north this season. 

 

Are we the same at away games now as well? Only been to Huddersfield away this season and that wasn't as good as it used to be a few years ago when I went away every week. 

 

Anyone else noticed this ?

  • Agree 8
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The atmosphere since Wembley has been slowly getting worse and worse. More criticism of the team too than I can remember in the past. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grounds too big and open while we are only getting season ticket holders through the gates 

 

Kop looks awful being half full. 
We all know about the away end and the cheese wedge being empty for most games 

 

Any noise the support makes just gets lost 

 

 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny yesterday did seem particularly bad.

Think not scoring after all the early pressure, think we were all waiting for the inevitable away goal.

Maybe the minutes silence put a sombre note on proceedings?

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Young lad next tome criticises absolutely everything, so negative and cynical and he can only be about 25 years old.

 

Dread to think what he'll be like when he's 60+.

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mus said:

Young lad next tome criticises absolutely everything, so negative and cynical and he can only be about 25 years old.

 

Dread to think what he'll be like when he's 60+.

He'll probably be a disalusioned cranky old tvvat with the hump on about the younger generation.

  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really hard to get excited at the moment. We're playing reasonably well at times but not capitalising on our dominant spells in a match which creates tension and ultimately panic in the last 5/10 minutes. I think there's a resigned apathy about us fans at the moment, I'm not sure anyone believes we're genuine top 2 candidates or even top 6 for that matter. The same could be said for most of the top 12 teams tho.

 

A strong leader will get promotion/play off spot this season. Have we got any? 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ground feels soulless, row after row of empty seats. A few hundred away fans occupying thousands of seats on the south stand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atmosphere has been rubbish for years. 

 

I recommend taking your headphones and listening to artificial crowd noise during the match. 

  • Agree 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC has to find a way of filling more seats without annoying them that've paid in advance. It looked like a testimonial on TV yesterday wi all them empty seats. The more in the ground the better the atmosphere which the players appreciate. Like Wycombe game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The band don't help

  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modern football, most grounds are same

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Modern football, most grounds are same

its certainly not just a Wednesday issue but hillsborough has some real problems. It's a ground that was designed for 35k plus crowds that is never going to happen in the 2nd.division on a cold day when a decent seat costs more than £40.

 

 

 

  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

DC has to find a way of filling more seats without annoying them that've paid in advance. It looked like a testimonial on TV yesterday wi all them empty seats. The more in the ground the better the atmosphere which the players appreciate. Like Wycombe game. 

Season ticket holders pay around £25 per game..DC has got plenty of room for improving potg without annoying anybody mate..

  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Tango there anymore to get it going.

 

I can’t remember many games at Hillsborough when there’s been a good atmosphere with only 23k in the ground.
 

If we were pricing games correctly there’d have been around 27k there yesterday and a better atmosphere.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Season ticket holders pay around £25 per game..DC has got plenty of room for improving potg without annoying anybody mate..


If that is for the Kop at the final phase?

 

Then it almost has to be £30 at the minimum to sit on the Kop as potg (which is a lot to sit with 2 posts in your view)

 

My seat works out roughly £28 first phase per match - which is why it’s £40+ quid potg 

 

DC has to make it that season tickets are by far the most financially effective way to watch the team - this is how it should be.

 

Sadly it’s too high a starting price in my opinion to have any room to manoeuvre to make it viable to entice a part timer to pay on the day 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:


If that is for the Kop at the final phase?

 

Then it almost has to be £30 at the minimum to sit on the Kop as potg (which is a lot to sit with 2 posts in your view)

 

My seat works out roughly £28 first phase per match - which is why it’s £40+ quid potg 

 

DC has to make it that season tickets are by far the most financially effective way to watch the team - this is how it should be.

 

Sadly it’s too high a starting price in my opinion to have any room to manoeuvre to make it viable to entice a part timer to pay on the day 

Yes my sums are off.. but £12-15 is giving room to work with.. I agree with what you say basically..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...