Atmosphere at Hillsborough

Any ideas why it's so bad ? 

Every game now we get the usual 'is this a library' from the away end, and they're not wrong, its silent at times. 

I moved my ST from the Kop to the North this season thinking it would be better on there and its even worse to be honest, far more abusing our own players and can count on one hand the times theres a song started on the north this season. 

Are we the same at away games now as well? Only been to Huddersfield away this season and that wasn't as good as it used to be a few years ago when I went away every week. 

Anyone else noticed this ?

Grounds too big and open while we are only getting season ticket holders through the gates 

Kop looks awful being half full. 
We all know about the away end and the cheese wedge being empty for most games 

Any noise the support makes just gets lost 

8 minutes ago, Mus said:

Young lad next tome criticises absolutely everything, so negative and cynical and he can only be about 25 years old.

Dread to think what he'll be like when he's 60+.

He'll probably be a disalusioned cranky old tvvat with the hump on about the younger generation.

• Haha 6

It's really hard to get excited at the moment. We're playing reasonably well at times but not capitalising on our dominant spells in a match which creates tension and ultimately panic in the last 5/10 minutes. I think there's a resigned apathy about us fans at the moment, I'm not sure anyone believes we're genuine top 2 candidates or even top 6 for that matter. The same could be said for most of the top 12 teams tho.

A strong leader will get promotion/play off spot this season. Have we got any? 

• Haha 1

DC has to find a way of filling more seats without annoying them that've paid in advance. It looked like a testimonial on TV yesterday wi all them empty seats. The more in the ground the better the atmosphere which the players appreciate. Like Wycombe game. 

7 minutes ago, Tom22709 said:

Modern football, most grounds are same

its certainly not just a Wednesday issue but hillsborough has some real problems. It's a ground that was designed for 35k plus crowds that is never going to happen in the 2nd.division on a cold day when a decent seat costs more than £40.

25 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

DC has to find a way of filling more seats without annoying them that've paid in advance. It looked like a testimonial on TV yesterday wi all them empty seats. The more in the ground the better the atmosphere which the players appreciate. Like Wycombe game. 

Season ticket holders pay around £25 per game..DC has got plenty of room for improving potg without annoying anybody mate..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Season ticket holders pay around £25 per game..DC has got plenty of room for improving potg without annoying anybody mate..

If that is for the Kop at the final phase?

Then it almost has to be £30 at the minimum to sit on the Kop as potg (which is a lot to sit with 2 posts in your view)

My seat works out roughly £28 first phase per match - which is why it’s £40+ quid potg 

DC has to make it that season tickets are by far the most financially effective way to watch the team - this is how it should be.

Sadly it’s too high a starting price in my opinion to have any room to manoeuvre to make it viable to entice a part timer to pay on the day 

1 minute ago, torres said:

If that is for the Kop at the final phase?

Then it almost has to be £30 at the minimum to sit on the Kop as potg (which is a lot to sit with 2 posts in your view)

My seat works out roughly £28 first phase per match - which is why it’s £40+ quid potg 

DC has to make it that season tickets are by far the most financially effective way to watch the team - this is how it should be.

Sadly it’s too high a starting price in my opinion to have any room to manoeuvre to make it viable to entice a part timer to pay on the day 

Yes my sums are off.. but £12-15 is giving room to work with.. I agree with what you say basically..

• Like 1