Weak mindset and no game management

8 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

And that's why we can't bring in the extra quality needed to turn us into Top 6 Outfit especially after watching the last 3 fixtures.It's the signing of some many of these average players on big contracts is the reason why we've nearly fallen foul of P/S or FFP rules.The player recruitment policy needs a complete overhaul in my view.:tango:

Absolutely. I said in a different post that things will not alter until Chansiri leaves and were out of this financial embargo. It needs a clean start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mick De Lyons said:

Absolutely. I said in a different post that things will not alter until Chansiri leaves and were out of this financial embargo. It needs a clean start.

We can get rid of another load of wages off the bill in the summer, Fletcher, Winnall and I think Forestieri out of contract will be around £75-80k pw. Sadly stuck with Rhodes for another year and Lees is also on big wages until 2021.  But the problem is that they need to be replaced on a tight budget, it'd be nice if Fletch would stay for another year on much reduced wages but I can't see it. 

Guest Bulgaria
6 hours ago, Brando17 said:

you have nailed it bud,we are so predictable to play against,workmanlike probably best describes us,hardly any creativity or flamboyance,we are really poor in the final 3rd ,as we have been for a couple of years now,when we score first,we immediately sit back,even when the opposition are crap,

Spot on.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

We can get rid of another load of wages off the bill in the summer, Fletcher, Winnall and I think Forestieri out of contract will be around £75-80k pw. Sadly stuck with Rhodes for another year and Lees is also on big wages until 2021.  But the problem is that they need to be replaced on a tight budget, it'd be nice if Fletch would stay for another year on much reduced wages but I can't see it. 

For me Fletcher doesn't score enough goals, but I agree with everything.

7 hours ago, Animis said:

the defending at the corner for their last goal was woeful - like school ground run to the ball stuff - three Swansea players going to the back post with one defender:

image.thumb.png.aa09709419fe6ccc3349472ab28d8e17.png

I've pointed this out on a number of other threads. How do a professional team let a 3 on 1 happen in the last minute.

I d have that image blown up and stuck up on the dressing room wall for the next week.

I've banged on about our mental weakness for ages. Saturday was particularly frustrating because we exhibited the composure and desire to get our noses in front late in the game from a losing position. Then, it was as if someone hit a switch and suddenly we had zero composure. Highlighted the differences in pressure between chasing and closing out a game, very different things. 

I actually felt sorry for Monk, his post match analysis was spot on. So much was right on Saturday but as soon as we needed cool heads, it was very apparent there were none.

Edited by Morepork

21 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I've banged on about our mental weakness for ages. Saturday was particularly frustrating because we exhibited the composure and desire to get our noses in front late in the game from a losing position. Then, it was as if someone hit a switch and suddenly we had zero composure. Highlighted the differences in pressure between chasing and closing out a game, very different things. 

I actually felt sorry for Monk, his post match analysis was spot on. So much was right on Saturday but as soon as we needed cool heads, it was very apparent there were none.

I think we panic because you aren't confident to see the game out.