Nuihu penalty appeal

3 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

Eh? Its a simple observation, we've been flooded with foreigners with a different way of playing thats now become part of how a lot of football in this country is played.

I would agree there are too many foreign players of modest ability taking up squad places which might be better used to bring through home grown talent.

That said, I think the introduction of foreign players overall has helped improve technical standards and challenge domestic players to become more professional in their approach to the game.

19 hours ago, darra said:

Just seen the highlights on Quest. How was that not a penalty? Like the commentator said it would take something to knock him off the ball.like that. As for their penalty appeal yellow card all day long for diving.

I was in line with it in the south just behind the linesman...it simply could not have been anything but a penalty...

23 minutes ago, Terry one leg said:

The fact im on my phone playing on owlstalk while man city v liverpool is on does little to substantiate your claims, personally i think its worse. As for professionalism, i wouldn't thank foreigners for that but rather an evolution of sports science which we as much as anyone invest in. Not saying they're all useless far from it but i do think its become painful to watch thanks to them.

Well at least we don’t have to worry about too many foreigners at Hillsborough (other than our best performer so far), so you’ll be right at home.  Might explain some of the utter rubbish served up this season.

Lots of championship sides are good at conning the ref

Im convinced they do diving drills in training

Wednesday aren’t savvy enough to do this so all we do is give away cheap free kicks and get booked

We get out thought nearly every week by players who know how to draw a foul from our clueless players

Can see it even before it bloody happens most weeks FFS

Preston were awarded their NINTH penalty on the season yesterday.

Put it into perspective...we've been awarded NINE penalties in the last two and a half seasons. Preston have been awarded TWENTY penalties over that same period.

We don't seem to get many, and from a supporters point of view, you always consider yourself unfortunate. 

But why do we get awarded so few penalties? Lack of dribblers (certainly in the past seasons)? Lack of action in the box? Reputation of players like Forestieri?

Edited by frastheowl

13 hours ago, frastheowl said:

Preston were awarded their NINTH penalty on the season yesterday.

Put it into perspective...we've been awarded NINE penalties in the last two and a half seasons. Preston have been awarded TWENTY penalties over that same period.

We don't seem to get many, and from a supporters point of view, you always consider yourself unfortunate. 

But why do we get awarded so few penalties? Lack of dribblers (certainly in the past seasons)? Lack of action in the box? Reputation of players like Forestieri?

All these things.

Plus Id like to add. We never got batshit mental haranguing referees.

Which though ugly...does seem to work for a lot of teams in regards getting decisions.