Emotions

Was interesting listening to Monk's comments at the end of the match when he was talking about emotions taking over the players' discipline in the last few minutes of the last two games and people forgetting their basic jobs because emotions take over and panic sets in. 

Also seems to be happening in front of goal. Are they panicking and snatching at shots? It's ridiculous how many times we've hit the bar and the post in the last few games - five I think. 

Not sure what Monk can do about this panic at the end of games though. They can watch it back, talk about it, practise discipline, structure, drills and routines, vow it won't happen again etc but if it's becoming a mental thing it's a difficult one to overcome. 

Overcome it we must because that's 7 points it's cost us in 3 matches - Cardiff, Blackburn and Swansea. 

Of course, if we actually scored a few more of these chances we're creating, these last minute panics need not happen. 

• Like 1

I'm disappointed with today's result

But I'm happy with how we played

I thought we made them look ordinary, and with better finishing, we could have been out of sight

I like Monk, I think if he's given time and is allowed to bring a few loanees in, we will make it

This division is really poor this season, we aren't far away

A new full back who can cross a ball, a midfield version of Iorfa, and a clinical striker with pace, and we'd be laughing

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest The Horse
2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I thought we made them look ordinary, and with better finishing, we could have been out of sight

I like Monk, I think if he's given time and is allowed to bring a few loanees in, we will make it

A new full back who can cross a ball, a midfield version of Iorfa, and a clinical striker with pace, and we'd be laughing

How about Hutch partnering Borner and Iorfa in midfield giving Bannan the time and space he needs?

He regularly strides through the field, bombing on and looks like nobody can compete with him.

Could be our Viera.

3 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I agree - last 2 home games against 2 strong sides and we came away thinking we could have 6 points from them - that tells me we have it in us to be top 6 with some comfort.

Add to that a good show at Cardiff we should have won and we have to remain positive about the fact that we will be involved in a play off push for sure 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Agreed. It’s not ‘happy clappy’ to say I’m still optimistic. Cos I am. These few November games always looked tough by the way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Horse said:

How about Hutch partnering Borner and Iorfa in midfield giving Bannan the time and space he needs?

He regularly strides through the field, bombing on and looks like nobody can compete with him.

Could be our Viera.

I'm guessing you're saying Borner and Hutch at centre half, Iorfa being pushed into midfield

I don't know, his gait reminds me a lot of Carlton Palmer

I'd often think a player had done Carlton, but he had a knack of winning the ball with his long legs, Iorfa does the same

Could he do a job in the middle of the park? possibly, good players can play anywhere, might be worth a go

Guest The Horse
30 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm guessing you're saying Borner and Hutch at centre half, Iorfa being pushed into midfield.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Goddam Cabernet Sauvignon!

But the idea remains.

Palmer made the space for Shez.

It's not quantum physics here, it's football.

And the second tier at that.

Big athletic bloke bashes the opposition out of the way for the creative.

Bosh.

I'd love to see Iorfa in the mid.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Can see where you're coming from but it's all about opinions, ask their manager, he thought Swansea should have been worthy winners, yes the division is poor yet we are struggling to keep up with the front runners, hope we have the recourses to bring in the players you say are required. 

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm guessing you're saying Borner and Hutch at centre half, Iorfa being pushed into midfield

I don't know, his gait reminds me a lot of Carlton Palmer

I'd often think a player had done Carlton, but he had a knack of winning the ball with his long legs, Iorfa does the same

Could he do a job in the middle of the park? possibly, good players can play anywhere, might be worth a go

Think your being a tad unfair to Carlton here. Although I agree the gait and athleticism are similar, Palmer was much better on the ball than Iorfa. He also read the game very well and had an unbelievable engine. Although to be fair, we haven’t seen whether or not Iorfa would have the energy to replicate Palmers trademark lung-busting runs. 

16 hours ago, debram said:

Can see where you're coming from but it's all about opinions, ask their manager, he thought Swansea should have been worthy winners, yes the division is poor yet we are struggling to keep up with the front runners, hope we have the recourses to bring in the players you say are required. 

I saw the Swansea manager's interview, and nowhere did he say that, I suggest you watch it again

He said and I quote, "we are having to work really hard, every game has been tough, every point we've picked up has been well earned, and in the end, we're quite pleased that we got one today"

22 hours ago, The Horse said:

Could be our Viera.

Worth a try.

22 hours ago, The Horse said:

Could be our Viera.

I think we’re clutching at straws a bit here.  I thought the recent ‘Iorfa for England’ thread was getting a little carried away, and now people want to move him into midfield just as he’s getting to grips with centre half.

Would far rather see him continue to develop at centre back (still has a long way to go) than move into midfield, where I think he would be totally lost.

18 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I saw the Swansea manager's interview, and nowhere did he say that, I suggest you watch it again

He said and I quote, "we are having to work really hard, every game has been tough, every point we've picked up has been well earned, and in the end, we're quite pleased that we got one today"

Read it on BBC sport app, never trust what you read.