Palmer

Guest Ash76

Anyway...

My take is both he and Westwood were culpable for that.

Liam has a brainfart moment and Westwood, once again, comes out of his goal like a mad man. 

Poor all round and these defensive lapses are slowly but surely blowing our chances of a top 6 finish.

Oh, and the fact we constantly miss quality chances. 

Agree. There will always be mistakes. What kills us is 1 goal per game, no way can be get in the top 2 or play offs scoring so few. One striker just does not work for us. Should have kept Hooper, when he played he was clinical in front of goal

Edited by Harrysgame
Update

17 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Agree. There will always be mistakes. What kills us is 1 goal per game, no way can be get in the top 2 or play offs scoring so few. One striker just does not work for us. Should have kept Hooper, when he played he was clinical in front of goal

But he didn’t play

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Funnily enough all our managers attend games on a regular basis and they keep picking him.

You really deal in extremes dont you? Know shades of grey with @casbahowl.

This is a big chance for Moses, RB has been our stand out priority since the days of the white Cafu..... the position is his for the taking!

26 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

But he hardly played last year. For a club in our position it was the right decision.

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

This is a big chance for Moses, RB has been our stand out priority since the days of the white Cafu..... the position is his for the taking!

Yes...but he needs to perform much better than he has done so.

There is a reason Palmer and Fox have been chosen ahead of him. 

Might be an opportunity to bring Lees back and move Iorfa.

For all of Iorfa’s obvious athletic ability he still has a tendency to ball watch and lose his man. Some of his fantastic last ditch tackles are because he is in the wrong place to start with.

He also gets done too often on back post headers from crosses , lost one in the first minute yesterday which they should have scored from. 

Realise it’s not straightforward. 
Iorfa is still learning and could become a great centre half but he is erratic and despite looking fantastic at times he always seems part of the problem when we do concede

Will be interesting to see what Monk does.

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Agreed.... there’s also a reason Bruce brought him into the club and that’s to address the major weakness in the side, RB.

From what we were told this week he’s been very close to starting recently and now with the woeful Palmers ban the position is his to lose.

Palmer needs taking out of the team for a bit. I actually think since he has played right back, his form has dipped. He was brilliant at left back earlier in the season.

Very disappointed about his tackle. Thoroughly deserved red card. I would also fine him at least a weeks wages for it as well. 

I thought this thread would have gained momentum.

Palmer has never been sent off before (I don't think) and it's rare for him to make mistakes.

But mistakes happen to players and he made one yesterday, along with Westwood

I won't be using it as a reason to start campaign against him because it fits agenda I already have though.. 

Edited by Beholder
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I thought this thread would have gained momentum.

Palmer has never been sent off before (I don't think) and it's rare for him to make mistakes.

But mistakes happen to players and he made one yesterday, along with Westwood

I won't be using it as a reason to start campaign against him because it fits agenda I already have though.. 

it’s rare for him to make mistakes???

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah, so you cant remember then.

Think there is only one idiot in this thread. 

I'll go and get those toys you just threw out your pram.

Let you calm down. 

To be fair he's still in ambling mode which leads to all sorts of problems for the others, after he's done a surging run and crossed the ball aimlessly or missed by miles, he still believing he has the ability to shoot.   

Apart from that he's fantastic. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

I thought Odubajo was starting to grow into his role and look more confident. Played well against Everton in the cup. And then he was dropped.

This is his chance now. Palmer has improved and is steady, but I still don’t think he’s the answer at right back going forward. We need better. 

Before his injury Odubajo was top draw. Hope he can find that form again. 

• Like 1