Palmer

Guest Ash76

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Is it just me who finds these threads infuriating?

It's as if people are waiting for us not to win so they can lump all the blame on their old scapegoat again. 

It’s Palmer who’s infuriating and the people on here who blindly & heroically defend him no matter how many shocking performances he produces!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It’s Palmer who’s infuriating and the people on here who blindly & heroically defend him no matter how many shocking performances he produces!

Give over, keeper has a howler, it’s Palmer’s fault, strikers can barely land a shot on target, and again Palmer’s to blame

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Shocking performance?

I was there and honestly don't know what game you watched. 

It was a decent performance from Palmer, certainly nothing stood out as terrible. 

It's so obvious you have a prejudice on this.

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Shocking performance?

I was there and honestly don't know what game you watched. 

It was a decent performance from Palmer, certainly nothing stood out as terrible. 

It's so obvious you have a prejudice on this.

“Certainly nothing stood out as terrible”

In that one statement you’ve summed him up perfectly!’

i’ve had season ticket for 37 years now and an away season ticket for 7 so I’ve pretty much seen every game he’s ever played for us.

I go to support the team unconditionally on the pitch but reserve the right to air my views on a public forum after a game ........ one goal and a handful of assists in over 300 games, costly error after costly error. He simply hasn’t got it in him to perform consistently well at the level required.

Moses needs a run in the side and the same sort of opportunity Palmers had to nail the position, if he’s not up to it so be it but the RB problem has to be addressed urgently and our expectations have to be higher than “certainly nothing stood out as terrible”!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Jeez how many excuses can we come up with, 3 out and out wingers, midfielders with the creativity of Bannan and Luongo, and we’re blaming the full backs

So you’re happy that our fullbacks are of a good enough standard to see us compete towards the top of the table? 

It’s pretty obvious to see that if your full backs offer nothing at the top end of the pitch then it’s a damn site easier for the opposition to defend against the so called more creative players.  

5 minutes ago, S18_Owl said:

So you’re happy that our fullbacks are of a good enough standard to see us compete towards the top of the table? 

It’s pretty obvious to see that if your full backs offer nothing at the top end of the pitch then it’s a damn site easier for the opposition to defend against the so called more creative players.  

Yes actually I am, I think we have good options in defence. Isn’t it the responsibility of our wide players to occupy the opposition in those areas? Unlike most other clubs in the division, we’ve decided to play with two out and out wingers, so question their contribution. When you operate with two wingers, the priority for the full backs will be to defend, and they do that

On 09/11/2019 at 20:25, Ash76 said:

Just before Odubajo's omission I thought he was starting to settle in. I'd be tempted to bring him back in to give Palmer a bit of a kick up the backside, especially as Palmer is going away with Scotland 

What did I say? 

Cant see point in picking out individuals...we need a make over ...the club is ran like a shitpub.

We need major changes here and I dont think it will happen overnight i can see this club not doing owt for the next 15 years me...and its hard to take.

The biggest fuckup was chansiri not getting in help from the start and trying to run before he cud crawl nevermind walk.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Why single out an individual when 3 players have gone to sleep there ??   

Typical Wednesday fan mentality 

Make excuses all you want. Pearson even had time to shout outs your hand down Liam’ and he still didn’t react in time 

1 person needs to do their job properly. Actually not even that...one person just needs to keep running.

Second time this season he’s cost us by stopping.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Make excuses all you want. Pearson even had time to shout outs your hand down Liam’ and he still didn’t react in time 

1 person needs to do their job properly. Actually not even that...one person just needs to keep running.

Second time this season he’s cost us by stopping.

What was Iorfa doing ?    Why did Westwood come out ? Pointless should’ve stood his ground there was a fair chance he wasn’t gonna control that ball in time to get a decent effort away , and 100% chance he was gonna fall like a sack of spuds as soon as he saw Westwood’s head fall off and come sprinting out like Bambi