Rule change - injury time?

This is a bit off-topic, and doesn't excuse us defending like headless chickens, but...

The majority of the 5 minutes of injury time were due to Swansea's time wasting. Dyer basically crawled off the pitch when subbed and Routledge was little better. Ironic then, that they end up using that 94th minute to equalise.

Is there an argument for the ref saying - there are 5 minutes of added time, but 3 are due to time wasting rather than 'natural' stoppages. In which case, as the team that has had the time wasting inflicted upon us we have the choice of whether we want to play those extra 3 minutes or not. Obviously we wanted to have them right up to the second that Fox scored...

• Haha 2

But then after we scored we would then naturally timewaste. Does the ref then add this time up and add it onto the original injury time after he has subtracted the time wasting injury time for the Swansea substitutions? I imagine it would get a little confusing. 

5 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

This is a bit off-topic, and doesn't excuse us defending like headless chickens, but...

The majority of the 5 minutes of injury time were due to Swansea's time wasting. Dyer basically crawled off the pitch when subbed and Routledge was little better. Ironic then, that they end up using that 94th minute to equalise.

Is there an argument for the ref saying - there are 5 minutes of added time, but 3 are due to time wasting rather than 'natural' stoppages. In which case, as the team that has had the time wasting inflicted upon us we have the choice of whether we want to play those extra 3 minutes or not. Obviously we wanted to have them right up to the second that Fox scored...

I would stick to drinking beer keep off the drugs.lol

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Simple solution. Stop the clock whenever the ball is not in play.  Each half is 35 minutes of pure playing time. 

Wouldn't work with all the TV coverage etc. 

100 matches all ending at different times. Jeff sterling would be in tatters

Don't want to be Mr Negative but it always makes me laugh when our fans complain about time wasting. 

I genuinely think we're awful for it. Mainly because we can never win a game by more than a goal and are always scraping to keep it.

Westwood is the biggest time waster of them all. Even when we aren’t winning 

Watch him take a goal kick. He walks to the edge of his box to talk to a defender/ref then saunters back to his line 

My solution is we should f o o kin learn to defend properly and how to slow play down 

• Like 1

The only way you will effectively deal with this is to follow the rugby time system of stopping the clock when play is stopped I.e for a substitution, booking, VAR check (not for a corner, or throw in).

Wont happen because of TV but it would be more transparent then what we currently have.

We're just a mess at defending leads late on. We always have been. Always will be, it seems. Especially at Hillsborough - and as a crowd we emit nerves onto the players and vice-versa.

Horrible combination. Fun sometimes - as we get our fair share of last minute equalisers/winners too - but it's a killer for the hopes.