Are you really surprised?

1 hour ago, KivoOwl said:

If you charge fans top half Premier League prices, expect them to have high expectations every game.

I cant think what we charge as any bearing on the expectations …..if we charged a tenner would we expect to be  bottom of the league? …..chansiri got it wrong we all know that but how we perform( or not) as nothing to do with what we pay  . 

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

1 win from 5 is a poor return. Yes we have been unlucky but still disappointing. 

I think the fact our early games were against a lot of poorer teams in the division, sort of gave everyone a false hope

I'd say that until Monk has had at least one transfer window, we're top 10 material, nothing more

If he's able to sign 2 or 3, we could make the play offs

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

I see your point.

I base my own expectations by what I see with my eyes though rather than what I pay.

Have a mid table team expect a mid table finish.

Why have we got a mid table Championship team when we've been paying top half Prem prices for five years? 

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

This league is absolutely terrible 

If the team had a backbone and actually turned up for 90 minutes we'd be higher up

The players need to look themselves in the mirror CUs they aren't giving enough 

Que the 'no league game is easy' excuse 

this league is brilliant ….probably the most competitive league in the WORLD  . we sit 7th   could win the next 2 and be top of the league or lose the next 2 and be on the edge of a relegation battle …….theres no dead games in this division 

7 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Why have we got a mid table Championship team when we've been paying top half Prem prices for five years? 

Off the top of my head 

Because we lost a play off

Because that manager then developed a fear of losing

The squad stagnated as we hoped they'd be able to get there again

Our recruitment hasn't been savvy.

16 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

At 70 minutes today I would have killed for a 1-1 draw.

Thought we were awful for a lot of the match today.

Until Monk funnily gave the green light to attack on 80 minutes.

awful ?....really ?...….I thought it was  a very good  game and all the reports from the radio and written reports ive read back that up …...

8 minutes ago, torryowl said:

awful ?....really ?...….I thought it was  a very good  game and all the reports from the radio and written reports ive read back that up …...

Honestly couldn't see much at the other end as we are sat near the front of the kop......and in that second half before the 80th minute we only got into the area twice because Nuhiu won two flick ons...it was just a battle and our only outlet was lump it to Atdhe or Fletcher..We didn't string more than two passes together..We couldn't get Bannan on the ball and it was a continuous lump it and hope...I give Swansea credit for limiting our game and cancelling our outlets through the middle and on the wing.

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly couldn't see much at the other end as we are sat near the front of the kop......and in that second half before the 80th minute we only got into the area twice because Nuhiu won two flick ons...it was just a battle and our only outlet was lump it to Atdhe or Fletcher..We didn't string more than two passes together..We couldn't get Bannan on the ball and it was a continuous lump it and hope...I give Swansea credit for limiting our game and cancelling our outlets through the middle and on the wing.

you need to change your seat mate …... the bbc bloke up in the press box said it was a pulsating game ….the radio Sheffield guy said we played very well and deserved to have won ……..the result was disappointing but the performance certainly wasn't .. 

Today was disappointing in a different way to the Carlos days

We’re actually trying to attack and win games but we haven’t got the quality to actually do it

Not long ago we just sat back and got battered without crossing the halfway line

Im annoyed with Wednesday at the moment but at least we seem to be having a go at winning even though we haven’t got the quality to finish sides off

Hoping for better things in January 

14 minutes ago, torryowl said:

you need to change your seat mate …... the bbc bloke up in the press box said it was a pulsating game ….the radio Sheffield guy said we played very well and deserved to have won ……..the result was disappointing but the performance certainly wasn't .. 

opinions eh!

You'd think we all had one.

I said during the first half, if we don't score now it's going to be a long afternoon..And up to the 80th minute it felt justified.  I felt the same as I did during the Stoke match..

Quite a bit of the football under Monk has been awful to watch..But I understand needs must at the moment and its not a complaint.

6 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

"Bruce will need 3 windows to sort this shower out"

Monk has has none and no pre season to prepare us in the way he wants.

We currently sit seventh.

image.png.05477a646a9b182d1503fec10ad793e0.png

We could actually be higher but for some injury time conceding in the last two.  Par for the course considering Bruce-gate and the squad being together so long. 

Are people really surprised we have dropped some points?

Is it reactionary or did something happen (that i clearly missed) between Bruce leaving and Blackburn that propelled people's expectations?

I keep hearing were not going to go up now. That we won't challenge top two.

We're we ever expecting to?

‘best fans  in the country’ is often echoed around this forum, I’d suggest we’re closer to being the worst...

Large swathes are shockingly fickle, and don’t get me started on the ‘fans’ leaving at 85 minutes. Fox giving his own fans the big ‘hand on ears’ celebration when he scored is so embarrassing for us as a club... i’m afraid our fans are just morally bankrupt. 

Edited by taylor