Are you really surprised?

"Bruce will need 3 windows to sort this shower out"

Monk has has none and no pre season to prepare us in the way he wants.

We currently sit seventh.

image.png.05477a646a9b182d1503fec10ad793e0.png

We could actually be higher but for some injury time conceding in the last two.  Par for the course considering Bruce-gate and the squad being together so long. 

Are people really surprised we have dropped some points?

Is it reactionary or did something happen (that i clearly missed) between Bruce leaving and Blackburn that propelled people's expectations?

I keep hearing were not going to go up now. That we won't challenge top two.

We're we ever expecting to?

5 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Agree. I think Monk has some clear ideas on how he'd like to play. It's still a very positive start from him and we know with DC he should get the opportunity to bring in some of his own player choices. 

He was none committal the other day when asked, but given what the players have said about his preparation and attention to detail there's no way he won't have already highlighted targets. 

IMO anyway.

Think the disappointing thing is how close we've been to winning the last two games, and how if we could just learn to see out a match we could be 5 points better off.....our previous results and league position had given us hope, so it's hard to take the loss of points....

• Thanks 1

We are doing a lot better than I expected. Think when you concede late in games they end up feeling like losses. However looking at the table I’m delighted we are in and around the mix. These players have shown they’re inconsistent over the last 4 seasons so it astounds me people think that’s suddenly changed. What Monk is doing right now is as good as I think we can expect with the tools he has. 

• Thanks 1

I mean.

A few of us were warning that we’d had an easy start...

I didn’t see all the game today, but the bits I did see I found quite enjoyable to watch, and I thought we looked a bit more dangerous going forward...which was pleasing

Monk is definitely a bit of a Megson though

13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Cracking game today between 2 good teams ..... I'd expect both clubs to be in contention for the play offs .

This, people overthinking things out of frustration of stupid points dropped ... I get it massively,  but they can take the negativity and ram it !  We’re in and around the top 6 and that’s where we need to be , big transfer window coming up in January that’s what we need to be working on right now as it will define our season 

Guest LondonOwl313

It’s the nature in which we’re dropping the points that’s doing everyone’s heads in. Silly mistakes and the timing of the goals conceded. If we draw games having taken the lead and then concede after 60 mins it’s a totally different complexion. It’s to do with the fact that if you’re leading early on you can’t sit back and defend as its highly likely you’ll end up conceding. When you’re in front with 5 mins left you can put everyone behind the ball and 95/100 that should be enough to stop you conceding for the 5 mins needed to get the result. Other teams manage this.. but we don’t. Feels like 7 times out of 10 we end up conceding so it’s not acceptable 

As for expectations.. I expect us to compete for promotion. Yes I know the squad is a bit stale.. but there’s literally no difference between us and Leeds and Swansea or Preston, and they’re the teams going for the autos. We’re proving that in the games for the most part. Where the differences are is in the minor details and that’s why it’s frustrating when the league is there for the taking

TBH - when I looked at the Blackburn and Swansea games I thought we'd get two points. 

Unfortunately, in the trusted Wednesday way, we were 6 points in total with 7 and 2 minutes respectively remaining. That's what hurts.

Small margins, but successful teams are more clinical.

Guest The Horse

Because we've put ourselves in a bloody good position in a race where everyone else is looking beatable.

Just because before the season started we were mostly expecting mid-table doesn't mean we should meekly accept idiotic set backs when we're actually well in the race.

Nobody was expecting this season to be so open but when opportunities present themselves in life you take them.

Like LondonOwl said above, when the likes of Preston are filling their boots, we should be absolutely demanding that we are well and truly at the party as well.

But there were plenty of positives today.

We played probably the best I've seen all season and the positives far outweighed the negatives.

That's how we should be approaching games and if we keep that up, we'll be in the mix.

This league is absolutely terrible 

If the team had a backbone and actually turned up for 90 minutes we'd be higher up

The players need to look themselves in the mirror CUs they aren't giving enough 

Que the 'no league game is easy' excuse 

We've had a decent defence in recent years.

We haven't replaced Hector's height, but Borner is a decent signing

Something is wrong at the back though. It's starting to remind me of the 'Cream Of The Crop' years 

post-445-0-91246700-1354315694_thumb.jpg

post-445-0-83686900-1349208131_thumb.png

Guest Kameron
53 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I mean.

A few of us were warning that we’d had an easy start...

I didn’t see all the game today, but the bits I did see I found quite enjoyable to watch, and I thought we looked a bit more dangerous going forward...which was pleasing

Monk is definitely a bit of a Megson though

I’d say Irvine/joss not Megson.