Soft underbelly

I hate been negative about my beloved SWFC but this has concerned me for a while

We all know that if Wednesday face a team that are on a winless run and they face us, then we joke that they will end that run against us and they often do I.e Blackburn plus loads of others in recent seasons

and then add the amount of times we boss games and fail to win or games we are winning like today and lose a goal in the final minutes

why????

wrong mentality 

not fit enoufh

poor game management 

bad luck

????

we all mention it jokingly but it’s killing us and no chance of promotion while it’s occurring 

Looked like simple panic to me, when we got the second, shouldn't happen.

The fact that it happened the week before doesn't help, it must get in their heads.

Defend competently for 80 odd minutes and then just seemingly stop.

We missed so many chances first half in what was an excellent opening quarter, that the last 10 should have been superfluent to the whole game.

I dunno how murphy missed that one in the second half, I was right behind it and had started celebrating.

So, chance after chance missed, gubbed in the last minute the week before, it must be simply "Here we go again"...It needs stopping

Sadly, it is hardly something new. 

The amount of times I've seen a Wednesday team play well, create chances, miss most of those chances and then concede poor goals.

It is so frustrating, as I think this team are really putting in the miles at the moment. They are just undoing a lot of their good work with a lack of quality at key times. 

Can’t fault the teams application over the 90 mins but WTF is actually happening in front of goal - a force field? 

Nearly scoring gets you nowhere. 

We have a team full of likeable lads doing their best - they almost don’t deserve to not succeed on one hand, but do on another. 

We play as if to let the opposition stay in the game, not cutthroat enough, lacking that 10% in aggression, bravery, win at all costs mentality. 

What was the last team that had that? ... the Megson/Dave Jones promotion team. 

We didn't boss Saturday's game. Across the 90' it was fairly even. 

I don't think there is anything particularly odd going on here. At present we are playing like and getting the results of an upper mid table team. Any draw, and many defeats, will have their "if only" moments - the chance missed, the set piece badly defended, etc.  Simple as that, really...

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

We didn't boss Saturday's game. Across the 90' it was fairly even. 

I don't think there is anything particularly odd going on here. At present we are playing like and getting the results of an upper mid table team. Any draw, and many defeats, will have their "if only" moments - the chance missed, the set piece badly defended, etc.  Simple as that, really...

I understand your point. I could agree, it for example we'd conceded just one goal in the last 7 seven minutes against Blackburn not two, and we'd scored in the last minute of injury time against Swansea to salvage a draw. But we didn't and pattern of last minute goals against is the concern and we have to address it.