Nuhiu and Fessi

Ff has to start and if murphy keeps it up 4231 could be best, dont think 2 strikers without pace will score many but 3 in behind striker could be tricky for defences to manage.

Murphy could swap with ff during game if need be as his pace could do damage running past striker, but he finally tracked back well today to cover fb, deserves his shirt next up.

Harris been quiet on left for a while, lets go mad and try switching his side for a bit!

Harris   ff   murphy

Fletch (nuhiu)

Edited by Ash77

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Did we?

No. 

But we know that. 

Point is you said we never looked like scoring when in fact their keeper made two good saves we created numerous chances and hit the post.

Your making it sound like their box never saw the ball.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

No. 

But we know that. 

Point is you said we never looked like scoring when in fact their keeper made two good saves we created numerous chances and hit the post.

Your making it sound like their box never saw the ball.

Sorry, yes I probably didn’t put that very well....when I say we don’t look like scoring I was meaning more around the confidence of hitting the back of the net when chances are falling to Nuhiu and to a lesser extent Fletcher

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Harris...strange player.

He is right footed and yet his preference is to go down the outside and try to cross on his left. He has a decent left foot, but I cant help but feel we/he are missing a massive trick by not having him trying to cut in and drive at teams.

He never crosses off his left.  Every single time he gets to the line and cuts back on to his right.  In the last few games he's blasted a fair few shots into the Kop off his right foot after cutting in.  It actually makes him marginally easier to defend because you know what he's going to do.

Just not bothered...

Best 30 mins of football I've seen us play in bloody yonks 

Let's not single out individuals players or posters we looked fantastic til half an hour in..

Then the officials turned the game 

That south stand linesman (not for the first time) should have walked off at half time with his back peppered in goz covered Werthers..

We certainly cant be accused of having "Homer's" today ..

Fox n Nuhiu outstanding...

Westwood bad day in the office 

Dawson "start your Engines" you're on next game lad....

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Best 30 mins of football I've seen us play in bloody yonks 

Let's not single out individuals players or posters we looked fantastic til half an hour in..

Then the officials turned the game 

That south stand linesman (not for the first time) should have walked off at half time with his back peppered in goz covered Werthers..

We certainly cant be accused of having "Homer's" today ..

Fox n Nuhiu outstanding...

Westwood bad day in the office 

Dawson "start your Engines" you're on next game lad....

Fox was ball watching for their first goal and lost his man for their second.......outstanding?.....that why we’ll struggle to go up when people rate performances like that as outstanding

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Fox was ball watching for their first goal and lost his man for their second.......outstanding?.....that why we’ll struggle to go up when people rate performances like that as outstanding

Ian I couldn't give a flying fig what you think ..

Fox could score 10 goals 

And block 9 off the line and hed be shìt in your opinion ...

I stick with what I saw 

Jog on my friend....

Out the ground and off to oblivion.....

lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ian said:

and yet you continually feel the need to comment on my posts.....strange one that

I think if you track back You have latched on to my posts more than I have yours ...

This is a Sheffield Wednesday supporters forum 

Not Man Citys 

You need to lower the expectation level that you seem to aspire to ..

Oh and you quoted my post 

Strange one that ......

lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

36 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think if you track back You have latched on to my posts more than I have yours ...

This is a Sheffield Wednesday supporters forum 

Not Man Citys 

You need to lower the expectation level that you seem to aspire to ..

Oh and you quoted my post 

Strange one that ......

lol

What are you on about......I wasn’t the one saying I wasn’t bothered about what you said......ovaltine and bed for you I’d suggest

Nando's goal on first appearance looks like a scramble, but it was a really good worked goal.

Firstly, you had Lee anticipating the spillage from Reache's shot and slotting the ball within 3 yards in front of goal.

Then you had Nando who's run started from the edge of the box anticipating that Lee (who was anticipating the spillage from the shot), would slot the ball in front of goal.

Nando getting to the ball was hard work, the ball was for the keeper to collect but Nando made sure any connection was to his left.

Without trying to bash any players, no other strikers we have would have done that and scored that goal.

We need to change our strikers. They aren't good enough at their main requirement. There is no point creating all these chances if they aren't good enough to actually score them.

Nando is good enough to score. He comes on the pitch and we get two goals.

Put Nando on the pitch and drop Westwood and we will start getting 3 points per match again.

On 09/11/2019 at 20:21, LondonOwl313 said:

Harris played 3 times for Cardiff in 2017/18 according to Wikipedia so not sure he contributed anything to them being promoted lol

He’s a good option, offers more than Murphy anyway.. but think he does have less end product than say a Ross Wallace did. But he can stretch a game with his pace 

I’ve a short memory. Wallace was exceptional. 

I didn’r Realise Harris played so little at Cardiff. prob explains why they let him go. 

Hmm, Monk Brought on Fessi and Reach, Fessi scored and Reach created the chance with a good run and shot. I agree Nuhiu was playing well and i would have took off Harris and Fletch instead. But you can't fault Monk for the subs because they worked to get us to 2-1. Why the whole team turned to panicky jelly when we went 2-1 up is another issue that i guess they will be working on during the international break. Going to be a lot of how to set up in the last 5-10 minute drills i think before West Brom.

I don't think FF did a great deal until he scored. all credit to him for scoring and I hope he kicks on after that. Reach was different gravy compared to his previous games this season. Powerful running with the ball made the difference. Overall it was a good performance considering the players out injured. Just spoiled by that stupid second goal they scored,

Harris has dropped off from earlier in the season but is still a threat that we have lacked before. I was pleased by Murphy turning up for once. If he played like that every week he could be a big player for us.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:46, LittleG said:

Another strange decision. He brings FF on to offer something different down the middle, he scores then he is  switched out wide to accommodate JR.

Although Rhodes sets up the winner I didn't get that. Forestieri unrestricted is what we need.

I would have pulled Fletcher for Forestieri myself.

On 09/11/2019 at 19:21, sheffwed1 said:

Thats probably because Nando is generally rubbish up front. 

Thought we looked less likely to score once Nuhiu went off for Nando until the goal. 

If Nando is going to play it has to be behind 2 strikers. 

I think Nuhiu needs to start alot more he is always a problem and the flicks and turns always get an attack going.

As for nando I think he shouldn't even be labelled to a position just let him drift around and cause havoc

On 09/11/2019 at 19:41, Holmowl said:

That’s just not true mate.

For his first 15 minutes we stank. Nuhiu coming off made us toothless. 

Difference was Reach’s directness. They couldn’t cope.

Good positioning by Nando for the goal, and I thought he and the team played so much better for the last 10 minutes.

I agree I think nuhiu does need to be involved more. We have something that alot of times don't a huge striker who can turn, flick or bully his way out of trouble.