Nuhiu and Fessi

3 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

FF has to start the next game. 

We just had so much more impetus when he came on

That’s just not true mate.

For his first 15 minutes we stank. Nuhiu coming off made us toothless. 

Difference was Reach’s directness. They couldn’t cope.

Good positioning by Nando for the goal, and I thought he and the team played so much better for the last 10 minutes.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

We all know your view on FF's best position. Wouldn't for a minute say he got more involved when out wide, who knows what would have happened if he stayed in the middle. 

Stats speak for themselves to be honest....

he is largely ineffective in a front 2. 

Guest LittleG
19 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Thats probably because Nando is generally rubbish up front. 

Thought we looked less likely to score once Nuhiu went off for Nando until the goal. 

If Nando is going to play it has to be behind 2 strikers. 

It's a game all about opinions. I thought FF licensed things up down the middle today and we just didn't rely on the long punt to the big lads. 

Just now, LittleG said:

It's a game all about opinions. I thought FF licensed things up down the middle today and we just didn't rely on the long punt to the big lads. 

True. I thought we looked largely ineffective when change was made. Ball wasn’t sticking whatsoever. 

I’m not saying Nando shouldn’t of come on because he should of but not as a striker in a front 2. Obviously goal makes that comment sound silly. 

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, sheffwed1 said:

Stats speak for themselves to be honest....

he is largely ineffective in a front 2. 

I didn't state that FF should be played in a front 2 every game, so stats are irrelevant. I just stated that today he brought something different down the middle. 

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Good positioning by Nando for the goal, and I thought he and the team played so much better for the last 10 minutes.

I agree. Just before FF scored I said to my lad he had been ineffective. Reach pushed us forward after he came on. I thought Fletcher was poor today.

28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Disagree, they both contributed.

Finally someone was willing to take more than a few touches.

Hang on did it work . . . Yes fessi came on and scored in the place of nuhiu if he was swapped for Murphy then fessi wouldn’t have been in that position to score 

I do agree though that instead of 2 tall target men we need a quick on running off fletcher so

id play 4-4-2 with fessi and fletch upfront IMO

Guest LondonOwl313
51 minutes ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Harris is one the best end product wingers we have had in years.

Consistently gets to the line and dinks well weighted passes to the back post, or tries to pick someone out on the deck. 

He wasn’t in the game much today but his end product is a very good and it’s easy to see how he helped get Cardiff promoted. 

Harris played 3 times for Cardiff in 2017/18 according to Wikipedia so not sure he contributed anything to them being promoted lol

He’s a good option, offers more than Murphy anyway.. but think he does have less end product than say a Ross Wallace did. But he can stretch a game with his pace 

1 hour ago, Sweet Shezza said:

Harris is one the best end product wingers we have had in years.

Consistently gets to the line and dinks well weighted passes to the back post, or tries to pick someone out on the deck. 

He wasn’t in the game much today but his end product is a very good and it’s easy to see how he helped get Cardiff promoted. 

This.  Harris is not the problem.  He is getting. ZERO help and looks knackered.

2 hours ago, itsonmyhead said:

The more I see of Harris the less end product he has, he continually flatters to deceive. He might run through a brick wall but when he has he puts his shot or his cross into row z

Pretty sure there's a stat knocking about that he's about the 6th most "involved" player when it comes to goals (be it scoring or assisting).

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

. Nuhiu coming off made us toothless. 

What a load of rubbish....with Nuhiu on neither he or we looked like scoring

Off he goes and we bag 2

not my idea of toothless.

yet again he failed to have an attempt on target....same week in week out

if he’d have been on instead of Forestieri, when that ball came across from Lee he’d have been huffing and puffing somewhere near the halfway line lumbering to get in the area to support 

• Haha 1

Harris...strange player.

He is right footed and yet his preference is to go down the outside and try to cross on his left. He has a decent left foot, but I cant help but feel we/he are missing a massive trick by not having him trying to cut in and drive at teams.