The thing we're missing

A proper leader. 

That voice that rallies the team and keeps them focused. Especially when you're a goal in front with minutes left on the clock.

Tom Lees isn't one of those guys. Neither is Bannan.

When was the last time we had one? I can't remember.

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Hang on, weren't both Börner and Hutchinson on the pitch when we conceded two in as many minutes last week?

I wish you would stop bringing rational arguements up when everyone else is having a hissy fit.lol

Loovens probably... even though he was prone to a gaff himself. Arguably Hector under Bruce last season took the role... we seemed a little more assured.

We've also never really replaced the leadership of Semedo. Carlos knew how important he was even in the squad/dressing room, but in the team he bossed it and ensured his team mates did too.

Then the likes of Rob Jones, Llera, Ryan Lowe,  David Prutton - all experienced pros and no coincidence a lot of these won us promotion.

Guest LittleG
29 minutes ago, poite said:

A proper leader. 

That voice that rallies the team and keeps them focused. Especially when you're a goal in front with minutes left on the clock.

The team shouldn't need a leader on the pitch in that situation; we had enough experienced players (Palmer, Lees, BB, Lee, Reach, FF, Fletch, JR etc) out there that should be able to manage the situation. We haven't got a team of youngsters!

45 minutes ago, poite said:

A proper leader. 

Nigel Pearson? Nearly 30 years ago :ohmy:

20 minutes ago, LittleG said:

The team shouldn't need a leader on the pitch in that situation; we had enough experienced players (Palmer, Lees, BB, Lee, Reach, FF, Fletch, JR etc) out there that should be able to manage the situation. We haven't got a team of youngsters!

Every good team needs a great gaffer.