We should be 2nd...

6 hours ago, Eightace said:

We create a lot of chances but don't score enough.

As much as Fletcher and Nuhiu graft and have near misses, we need a goalscorer.

Never seen as many dangerous balls go in the box begging to be put away.

I'd prefer to see Fessi along side Fletcher.

But we also give other teams a lot of chances. Swansea could have had another two goals easily.

I think we have done this a lot. Leeds could have won it the other week even though attacking wise we were decent.

It's the lack of putting away chances as much as conceding late goals.

your right bud,got to be FF and Fletch,Nuhui aint gonna get us top 6 ,he is a wheelie bin with legs,clumsy,hardly ever scores,proper striker..ffs

Against Swansea we created about 10 good scoring chances that on another day half of them could have gone in. We conceded two goals from set pieces and although Westwood didn't cover himself in glory he was crowded by Swansea players at both corners and on another occasion with a different referee both could have been disallowed.  Against Cardiff we also created chances but conceded from an unnecessary free kick that should have been disallowed because of the antics of their player. Against Blackburn we were shït, end off.

We have suffered some bad decisions and some poor finishing and have been inconsistent. All of these things can be turned around by coaching awareness and responsibility...and by getting a break from the referees now and again.

This is a moderate Championship and although WBA seem to be the best ATM, they are not running away with it, nor are any other teams. We have the capacity to improve quite dramatically on these last three performances and all the others who have been getting results have the capacity to have a run like we just have. This season will not be decided at Christmas, there's plenty of life left in it and I still believe we can be in the mix at the end. 

we should be 2nd why? based on what? this season we have only played really well in about 5 halfs of football ,leeds full game, boro 1st half,cardiff 1st half ,Barnsley 1st half .nothing else sticks in my mind , we beat hudds a but didn't play that well etc. based on this season and that we have had an easier start than most id say we have mid table written all over. its ok saying about last min vs Swansea and blackburn , but they might say they they were denied by westwood or hitting post etc , and some of wins we have had maybe we were a bit fortunate . it all balances it self out . we are nowhere near a top 2 team , though it aint imposible we could mount a challenge for 6th if we avoid injuries and bring in 2-3 signings in jan . 

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:40, Lionel Fessi said:

That's now 2 points picked up out of a possible 9, all down to conceding 1 or 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, Cardiff, Blackburn and now Swansea. Need to start closing out games or we can forget talking about the playoffs or better.

What's the problem? Are we missing leaders on the pitch? Is it Westwood? Or have we just been getting unlucky?

We should have been promoted in coco's first season but poo happens.

On 09/11/2019 at 17:40, Lionel Fessi said:

That's now 2 points picked up out of a possible 9, all down to conceding 1 or 2 goals in the last 10 minutes, Cardiff, Blackburn and now Swansea. Need to start closing out games or we can forget talking about the playoffs or better.

What's the problem? Are we missing leaders on the pitch? Is it Westwood? Or have we just been getting unlucky?

The midfield cannot hold the ball or keep possession. They have no composure.

The defence lacks telling height. Iorfa may win the easy headers with aplomb but unlike Hector , he does not command the penalty area with his presence, while Borner is short and Lees lacks physical strength.

Westwood was barged by Swansea for both those goals. You can see it on the Sky highlights where they show repeat video in slow motion.

Keepers cannot withstand semi fouling from aggressive opposition at corners etc without physical presence from their own defenders, holding the opposition at bay or jumping with them to put them off.

54 minutes ago, victorturner said:

The defence lacks telling height. Iorfa may win the easy headers with aplomb but unlike Hector , he does not command the penalty area with his presence, while Borner is short and Lees lacks physical strength.

Westwood was barged by Swansea for both those goals. You can see it on the Sky highlights where they show repeat video in slow motion.

Keepers cannot withstand semi fouling from aggressive opposition at corners etc without physical presence from their own defenders, holding the opposition at bay or jumping with them to put them off.

What's semi fouling ?......

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

What's semi fouling ?......

Leaning on and handicapping ability to get near ball. You can see a Swansea player doing it for both goals. On the second occasion Westwood finishes on the ground whereas for the first one the Swan using his backside and back to lean on Westwood finishes on the ground

4 hours ago, victorturner said:

Official height of our back 4.

Iorfa 6‘4”

Borner 6’2”

Fox 6’1”

Palmer 6’2” although I really don’t believe this when you see him in the team lineup

However, hardly lacking telling height. 

Westwood joined us 5 years ago and I have never heard or read anyone else suggest he cannot withstand semi fouling (whatever that is). 

I think that your post is based on frustration and disappointment without any basis in reality 

14 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Official height of our back 4.

Iorfa 6‘4”

Borner 6’2”

Fox 6’1”

Palmer 6’2” although I really don’t believe this when you see him in the team lineup

However, hardly lacking telling height. 

Westwood joined us 5 years ago and I have never heard or read anyone else suggest he cannot withstand semi fouling (whatever that is). 

I think that your post is based on frustration and disappointment without any basis in reality 

Take these good points seriously. And I am surprised Borner is 6 2" as he does not play as if  he is.  Iorfa was a right back under Bruce, ( Lees and Borner were the first choices  at the start of this season, not just because Iorfa was initially suspended, and Borner is the replacement for Hector),   Borner is average in the air (although good at anticipating and blocking and tackling) , so is Lees, and our full backs are not good/ never been good at anticipating long balls coming in. Their positional play is barely adequate. Westwood was spared playing in a poor defence under JL in 2018  ( when Wildsmith and then Dawson performed acrobatics in the goal area) and now finds defenders relying on him more than in 2017 and previous years when Loovens organised the defence. He is slipping, and JL may have seen things more clearly than accepted at the time,  but the defence is generally unconvincing when under pressure from long balls into the box.

3 hours ago, victorturner said:

Take these good points seriously. And I am surprised Borner is 6 2" as he does not play as if  he is.  Iorfa was a right back under Bruce, ( Lees and Borner were the first choices  at the start of this season, not just because Iorfa was initially suspended, and Borner is the replacement for Hector),   Borner is average in the air (although good at anticipating and blocking and tackling) , so is Lees, and our full backs are not good/ never been good at anticipating long balls coming in. Their positional play is barely adequate. Westwood was spared playing in a poor defence under JL in 2018  ( when Wildsmith and then Dawson performed acrobatics in the goal area) and now finds defenders relying on him more than in 2017 and previous years when Loovens organised the defence. He is slipping, and JL may have seen things more clearly than accepted at the time,  but the defence is generally unconvincing when under pressure from long balls into the box.

Don't we have the 4th best defence in the league,  there must be some complete poo defences if ours is so bad.

8 hours ago, victorturner said:

Accept your genuine views and statements based on your perceptions. 

However the stats tell a different story. Despite the last few games we are rated 3rd defensively which indicates that our defence is neither average nor generally unconvincing.  We have conceded only 6 goals from set pieces. This only rates us 14th although 4 teams have conceded 5 goals from set pieces so you could argue our defending from set pieces is average. 

Definitely not trying to be OwlsTalks very own resident Poindexter but I feel that some of the reaction to our recent results and performances is disproportionate. 

WAWAW