We have 13 or 14 first teamers that could win us promotion but a squad that can’t

Generally, 4 or 5 injuries and/or losses in form to our first team regulars and we’re screwed plus there are some positions where just one injury and/or loss of form means a system change.

I think all of our players worked hard and tried their best today but we need a significant shake up in the next few transfer windows if we are serious about promotion. Either that or incredible good luck with player form and injury. 

Edited by shandypants
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Generally, 4 or 5 injuries and/or losses in form to our first team regulars and we’re screwed plus there are some positions where just one injury and/or loss of form means a system change.

I think all of our players worked hard and tried their best today but we need a significant shake up in the next few transfer windows if we are serious about promotion. Either that or incredible good luck with player form and injury. 

Probably true, but with so many absentees today, a well deserved point against one of the better sides

27 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We dont have the cash for a major shake up. Due FFP will take us 2 years to have any transfer cash. Too many on fat long contracts.

Just now, WadsleyOwl said:

This but I’d swap Harris for Reach.

Reach is one of the only players we have who will go for decent money

Harris won't get near the assists and goals that Reach offers

Reach has had a dip in form, but his form will return

In the same way that some supporters didn't understand what Fox offers

Some of our supporters don't understand what Reach offers

Reach is far superior to Harris

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Deadwood throughout the squad and if we don't change this squad this season, we'll be playing in League one the year after next, rather than even attempting to hit the playoffs

Sure monk knew this when he came, matter of time, he knows what's required but won't happen overnight, can only do his best with the cards he is dealt at present but knows long term what can be achieved at this club. 

24 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Reach is one of the only players we have who will go for decent money

Harris won't get near the assists and goals that Reach offers

Reach has had a dip in form, but his form will return

In the same way that some supporters didn't understand what Fox offers

Some of our supporters don't understand what Reach offers

Reach is far superior to Harris

Harris was free, Reach was £5million and is probably on a hell of a lot more money then Harris. Harris has offered so much more then Reach so far this season although is looking tired of late as were probably asking too much from him. The amount of 5/10 performances from Reach is frightening, sat in my seat waiting for a worldy from him is just getting monotonous, has a good game goes missing for 3. 

5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Big worry how bad we were without Bannan vs Blackburn....and we all know how poor we are at the back without Hutchinson's presence.

Disagree about the rest of the team though, I think the squad we have is good enough to win promotion.

If CW can get United promoted with the very average players they had last season it should be a message to Monk and other managers on whats possible.

We don't need superstars in every position to go up, such a misconception. Having a efficient style of play, a proper system and well drilled players is all you need.

For a comparison just look at Stoke, they have some of the best individuals in the whole league yet they (were) rock bottom of the table. Then you look at 2nd place Preston, 1 or 2 stand out players but not best in the league by a long stretch and the rest is all down to a good manager, dominant at home, sold style of play and players who understand their role.

Monk needs to build around the right players, looks like the core of the team he's building is Borner-Hutchinson-Bannan-Fletcher, if that's good enough we'll see.. but I haven't seen any evidence yet that we aren't good enough to compete with any team in this league...Swansea, Leeds and Fulham we've played now and looked just as good or better in all 3. 

16 hours ago, WadsleyOwl said:

Harris was free, Reach was £5million and is probably on a hell of a lot more money then Harris. Harris has offered so much more then Reach so far this season although is looking tired of late as were probably asking too much from him. The amount of 5/10 performances from Reach is frightening, sat in my seat waiting for a worldy from him is just getting monotonous, has a good game goes missing for 3. 

There's a reason one cost 5 million and the other was free

Reach will out score and out assist Harris

And as for their wages, I have no clue what either are on

But I do know that if we were to sell either player, Reach would attract the bigger fee, because he's the better player

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.