• Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Rhodes

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd have been delighted for him had his goal been the winner but having since watched the highlights back you can't give him a 7.

Yes he should have got a shout for the corner he conceded but do we know for sure he didn't? Besides that, it wasn't as if it was a whipped cross, it came from deep, he had time to assess what was around him and should have known that there was nobody behind or indeed anywhere near him.

Both goals can be blamed on Westwood for sure but Fox has a chance to bail him out for both. He should be first to the ball when Westwood drops it but for some reason decides to wait for it to drop further 4 yards out and gets beat to it. The 2nd goal, he lets his man run off him and the player he is supposed to be marking is free in the 6 yard box to bundle it in, arguably he is as culpable for that goal as anyone. 

7 hours ago, gizowl said:

Gonads, both goals down to goalkeeper errors, it's the keepers call in the box every time, the cross for the corner needs keeper to shout, the corner should never have been dropped in the first place, and corner for second goal he should have at least got a hand or punch on it,but lets blame Fox. 

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Which part of my post in which I stated that Westwood was to blame but Fox had the opportunity to bail him out did you fail to understand? Seemingly all of it.

6 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Seems to me you should read your own post and and understand what you've written. 

I've highlighted the bit you have clearly bypassed in the post you replied to in order to help you out a little. Hope this makes things a bit clearer for you.

My MoM was Iorfa,thought he was solid,drove us foreward and took the intiative at times as well 8

7s for Fletch,won his fair share of the duals and hit the post and battled all game,Fox,did well scored got crosses in,blotted his copybook a touch with the mix up,Lee,gradually coming into form,still a touch off the pace,Murphy,thought he did more in this game than Reach has done in his last 3 games,another day hed have had a goal as well,unlucky fella.great effort keep it up,

The rest mostly 6,Nuihu did well,should have had a pen,Harris and Palmer have both gone off the boil,Bannan struggled to really influence the game,Lees had a steady game back in the side after his long spell out.

Westwood gets a 5,yet another game where hes cost us points,not totally blaming him for the incident where Fox puts the ball out,but if hed have called Fox,youd expect him to have his usual rant and rave when hes ignored him,which kinda makes me think Fox doesnt get the call,caught flapping twice at a corner and both resulting in goals,not very good mate is it,if we do get some loan cash in January,Im hoping we recruit a keeper of sufficient standard to challenge westwood and give him some competition

Westwood 4 - Two mistakes for their goals, difficult to give him any credit after that.

Palmer 6 - Steady enough.

Iorfa 7 - Had a good game barring a couple of lapses of concentration.

Lees 6 - Did well for his first game back, I'd swap him for Borner when he's fit again though.

Fox 7 - MOM again for me, plays with purpose and happy for him to get a goal.

Murphy 7 - Barring the first game of the season it was probably his best game for us, didn't deserve to go off.

Lee 5 - Differing opinions to most on here, but I thought he was a passenger for most of the game and gave away a few silly fouls.

Bannan 5 - Doesn't work in a pair with Lee, struggled to get into the game.

Harris 5 - Has been anonymous for the last few weeks, often getting doubled up on and nullified. Looks knackered too.

Fletcher 6 - Gives it his all but struggling for goals at the minute.

Nuhiu 7 -  A handful, was playing well and seemed a silly decision to take him off.

Reach 7 - Did well when he came on, hopefully being dropped will put a rocket up his arse as we know what he's capable of.

Forestieri 6 - Looked lively, should have probably come on earlier.

Rhodes 5 - Rather have Winnall on the bench.

On 10/11/2019 at 19:57, LittleG said:

Struggling to name a man of the match. They all put a shift in but nobody really stood out. Nobody played that good but conversely nobody played that bad, although Westwood probably the one that needs to look at himself. If Fox hadn't scored I'm not sure he would have been in contention, Dom defended well but his distribution was poor at times. Lees and Palmer also defended OK. BB and Lee were much of a muchness; steady but nothing outstanding. Lee had a couple of opportunities in first half when put through but wasted both, seemed afraid to shoot. Same with the wide men, looked as though they could do something but then made wrong decisions. Up front Fletch and Nuihu had to constantly deal with long balls lumped forward to them, bit predictable at times our play, although we did make chances. Who to go for? 

Isnt this the story of our season to date though? Has anyone actually stood out? Has anyone actually grabbed any of our games by the scruff of the neck and dragged us over the line?

Answer = no, not really.

Dont get me wrong, we are having an ok season, and I'm quite happy to be where we are right now - in contention - and this isn't really a criticism, more of an observation.

But we are so average, and no one ever stands out. It's always 5-7/10. And we do need to improve, and build on our decent start.

Guest LittleG
34 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Isnt this the story of our season to date though? Has anyone actually stood out? Has anyone actually grabbed any of our games by the scruff of the neck and dragged us over the line?

Answer = no, not really.

Dont get me wrong, we are having an ok season, and I'm quite happy to be where we are right now - in contention - and this isn't really a criticism, more of an observation.

But we are so average, and no one ever stands out. It's always 5-7/10. And we do need to improve, and build on our decent start.

In the main you're probably right. Iorfa and Borner have both had some outstanding performances in defence but like you say there's not been one player, either in midfield or attack, who has grabbed any game by the scruff of the neck. 

9 minutes ago, LittleG said:

In the main you're probably right. Iorfa and Borner have both had some outstanding performances in defence but like you say there's not been one player, either in midfield or attack, who has grabbed any game by the scruff of the neck. 

Yes, agreed, they would be the only 2 in contention for player of the season if it ended right now.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:45, Emerson Thome said:

I gave it to Murphy. A weird game - many of our players mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

Westwood: 5 - badly at fault for the first goal, and also a breakdown in communication with Fox for the corner before that. An incredible reflex save in the 92nd minute, and then at fault again for the second? Hard to tell, looked to me like he was fouled but the ref didn't give it.

Palmer: 6 - some good bursts forward but a horrible clearance near the end to play them in and looked a bit shaky more than once.

Iorfa: 8 - as usual his pace got us out of a few scrapes and the pick of our defenders

Lees: 6 - mixed bag, won plenty of headers but looked uncomfortable on the ball and we missed Borner's distribution, particularly one moment where he just booted it out of play

Fox: 7 - what to say? A goal (although more of a smash into the Swansea player that luckily bounced in!), plenty of great overlaps and decent crosses. But then a complete mix-up for the first goal and a few other inexplicable moments. Shame for him that the goal wasn't a winner.

Murphy: 8 - at the heart of many of our good attacks in the first half, pace, intelligent running and precision when passing - but boy, I wish he learned to shoot. Unlucky in the second half when he hit the inside of the post.

Lee: 7 - could have been sent off, and we looked very open at times, then at others he kept nicking the ball off them and starting counter attacks. Great energy and run to set up the equaliser

Bannan: 6 - bit of a messy game by his high standards, midfield was very scrappy and we generally got worse in the second half

Harris: 6 - continued his downward trend, a few good moments but nothing like the consistent threat he offered in August

Nuhiu: 7 - won lots in the air, a few quality turns... and yet, never quite seemed to have the end product. Harsh to only give him a 7? Well, his and Fletcher's job is to score and they seem to never quite manage it.

Fletcher: 7 - see above, was everywhere, held the ball up well, created so many chances and on another day could have had a hat-trick - yet always seems to hit the post or the keeper, unlucky more than once.

Subs:

Forestieri: 8 - came on and scored with a poachers finish, can't ask for more than that

Reach: 8 - similar, immediate impact with the run and shot that led to the second goal, almost repeated the trick in the 94th minute

Rhodes: 5 - didn't do much, and what he did, he did badly

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:55, Themagiccap said:

Westwood - 3 for the save, rest abysmal. At fault for both goals, terrible kicking

Palmer - misses training yesterday, looked like it today

Fox - 8 MoM Great goal, fabulous celebration, threat with crosses

Lees - 6 played in wrong side and it showed, so nervous with ball at feet

iorfa - 6 a few wobbles today

Murphy - 6 if he could shoot he’d be dangerous

bannan 6 way off the pace again

Lee - 7 better

Harris - 6 struggling again

Nuhiu 8 should have stayed on

Fletcher 7 workhorse

Fernando 8 - must start

Reach - 7 much much better

Rhodes - erm....

FML he got 7 minutes FFS

5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

FML he got 7 minutes FFS

11 minutes. Of which his main two contributions were receiving a ball with back to goal, taking too many touches and then giving it away. And then completely failing to chase down the ball when their centre back missed a ball into the channel. He starts on 6, and the rating goes up or down from there. Hence the 5.

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

FML he got 7 minutes FFS

And he did more I that short cameo than he has in last 10 games.

ive been highly critical of him recently but he look much better when he came on. When his first instinct and movement is attacking he’s a superb player at this level