• Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Rhodes

37 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Was a bit surprised Murphy came off. Most effective he's looked.

I think Harris was coming off and then he came to life , put that cross in for Fletcher 

Most surprising sub was Dave , I think he bothered them and we suffered after he went off 

Went for Murphy, allthough he should have scored with the shot that hit th inside of the post, couldn't believe some blokes behind me saying he was having a mare.

Didnt see our goals coming as I thought we lost all shape and presence when Nuhiu went off and Swansea for the first time in the game got on top but big credit to FF for getting in the right position for the goal.

Thought Westwood was at fault for both goals and Harris has a very poor game.

Westwood- 5- at fault for first goal, couldn’t see the second from kop. Too slow when restarting. 
palmer- 8-one of the better players today.

Big Dom- 7- solid enough

Lees-6- did ok but borner is better on the ball

fox- 7- solid enough and a goal.

harris-5- made it easy for the man marking him. Just stuck to him. Not enough movement.

lee- 6- did ok 

bannan- 6- did ok

murphy- 7- better today than normal 

fletch&nuhiu- 7- worked hard, did ok 

fessi-8- changed game 

reach -8 - changed game. Looked really up for it when he came on

rhodes- 5- just get rid. It’s not fair on him or us 

1 hour ago, steelerian said:

A very fair and accurate post. Completely agree with all points, apart from Harris would have got a 3 from me. Terrible performance bar the 1 good cross that lead to Murphy hitting post. He looks lost out there and isnt getting himself involved enough. Needs to get off that touchline.

Maybe Colin knew more than he let on... he has Harris for long enough but never gave him game time.

Westwood 6 - some world class saves and two poor errors.

Palmer 6 - hit and miss game

Fox 7 - better FB display and capped with a good finish. Playing so much better. Delighted.

Lees 6 - so so and poor distribution

Iorfa 7 - strong but some poor passes and should have done more with the equaliser

Murphy 7 - so much better than recent games. Excellent corners too.

Harris 5 - lost his mojo. Very disappointed to see him start the 2nd half over Fessi.
Bannan 7 - not his best but still our heartbeat and great corners 

Lee 7 - much weaker and less pace than his vintage. But very good going forward.

Nuhiu 7.5 - they struggled all day with him. Shocked to see him subbed.

Fletcher 8 - an ounce of luck and he bags 2. Worked super-hard and class.

Forestieri - barely touched the ball till his goal. Odd substitution to take the good Nuhiu off rather than a poor Harris. Very subdued celebration of our “winner”. Odd.

Reach - more like that please Adam. Direct, pacy, shots and crosses. Superb. Made the difference.

Rhodes - happy with what he did. Was it him or Dom’s header for Fox?

I seem to have seen it slightly differently to most in this thread as I was disappointed for the main part in how we played.

4-2-3-1 , 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 for me as we never seem to look right with just two central midfielders.

Westwood    -    5    Couple of excellent saves but at fault for both goals.....his mistakes used to be few and far between but they seem to be coming more regularly now.

Palmer    -    5    Poor.....and has been for about a month or so now but still keeps his place

Iorfa    -    7    Probably just shaded MOM but a few lapses today

Lees    -    6    Did OK but agree with what a previous poster said about us missing Borners distribution

Fox    -    6    At fault twice for the first goal, redeemed it a little with his finish but after a good run of games I thought it was a patchy performance overall and I wont be browbeaten into pretending otherwise

Murphy    -    6    Should have scored, but a better display than of late although still way below what I was expecting

Bannan    -    5    Well below par

Lee    -     6.5    Some decent moments but him and Bannan do not work as a two

Harris    -    5    Looks a shadow of the player we had in August

Nuhiu    -    6    Surprised he came off, was doing ok but should have scored

Fletcher    -    6     Usual graft but his and Nuhiu,s day was summed up in the first half when they both missed headers they should have scored with in the six yard box in the space of a few seconds

Forestieri    -    6     Gave us a spark, should start next game

Reach     -     6      Came on and immediately did what he should be doing EVERY game with his attributes...….. ie running at defenders and shooting instead of the limp half hearted stuff we have been seeing Just a shame it took a spell on the bench to get the message across.

So frustrating that we keep giving points away at the death because this really is a pi$$ poor division this year and its there for the taking.

Westwood - 3 - Simply not good enough. Two elementary errors. The most basic of basics when it comes to goalkeeping. Awful. Add to that his kicking was absolutely appalling throughout. Saved from a "1" by a brilliant save just before calamity No. 2. It really is becoming a bit of a crisis point with Westwood's form. I make it five game-changing errors so far this season, and his only played 13 games. 

Palmer - 7 - Looked strong and positive in his play today. Dealt with Routledge well. That said, his lack of composure late on, was the catalyst to the period of Swansea exerted on us following our late lead. 

Iorfa - 7 - Man of the Match - It's just his usual commanding display. Oozing confidence at the minute, and dealt well with a top striker in Ayew. Assist for Fox's goal also.

Lees - 6 - Decent return. Struggled against Ayew, and too often became hesitant when up against him. 

Fox - 7 - Another decent display. Delighted for him with the goal. Lucky to get away with a lapse in concentration when Swansea hit the post from the corner at 1-0.

Bannan - 5 - Looked a yard off the pace. Swansea dominated the midfield for the majority of the game, and both he and Lee never got close to them from a defensive point of view. Subdued in a creative sense as well...not helped by a very direct strategy today.

Lee - 6 - Like Bannan, was chasing shadows for large periods of the game. But, offensively, he got in some great positions, especially early on, but his final ball or decision making was off the mark. Gambled on Reach's shot been saved and neat assist for Forestieri.

Murphy - 6 - Decent start to the game and looked to link up well with Palmer. Drifted out of the game, as Swansea began to settle down, but really should've scored when he's hit the inside of the post following Fletcher's effort. 

Harris - 5 - Really poor first half. Improved 2nd half slightly, but Naughton had the better of him overall.

Nuhiu - 6 - Another display where 90% of the things he did was brilliant, but it's the 10% that's missing. Unlucky not to score when his header glanced off Ayew's, but on the whole, he needs to be more of a threat. If he gets into the position Fletcher gets in today, he could've easily got a couple of goals. 

Fletcher - 5 - Tough game for Fletcher today. His touch and link up play was off, and he's missed too many good quality chances. 

Forestieri - 7 - Bright spark when he came on, got his goal. Hopefully he'll force himself into the side from now on.

Reach - 7 - Like Forestieri, came on and made an impact. Great turn, run and effort in lead up to the first goal. 

Rhodes - N/A 

Overall...

Funny old game. We created more chances than we have done in any game this season...but looked 2nd best for much of the game, and many players simply weren't on it. Both teams can feel unfortunate and a tad lucky in the same breath. A 2-2 draw was probably a fair result. 

The most energetic and positive start to a game we've had for a while, and Swansea looked shocked by it. We needed to score then and capitalise on Swansea's lack of composure and control. As it was, we missed several decent chances, and then gifted Swansea one, and from then on, until the last 15 minutes, Swansea began to control the game, totally dominate the midfield and looked a step above us all over the pitch. 

But, credit where it's due, we stuck at it, rode our luck a bit, and still had a go ourselves. We could've easily been out of the game before our equaliser, but equally so, we could've drawn level ourselves before we did. That said, once it's got to 2-1, we have to see it out. It's a constant reoccurrence; but there's a serious mentality problem that is rife throughout our side. How can a side look so inept and disorganised literally seconds after scoring a last minute winner? Inexcusable. 

Tough one to take...but on reflection, it's probably about what our performance deserved. Swansea looked a good side, but we created a number of good chances. Poor finishing, schoolboy goalkeeping and a serious mentality issue rears it's head once again.  

Edited by frastheowl
  • Like 1

Westwood - At fault for first goal in two ways, one for dropping cross and other for not calling Fox before he gave corner away. Great saves as well but how many times has he cost us now? 

Palmer - Did okay. Made some great runs and put a cracking ball in during first half which nobody attacked. Shame. 

Fox - Could have done better for first goal but otherwise good game. Makes so many important blocks. Thrilled about his goal. Gutted it wasn't winner. 

Lees - Defended okay but doesn't look as good as Borner. Terrible at playing out though. 

Iorfa - Love him in defence. Undroppable at the moment. Great at playing out but occasionally gives ball away. 

Bannan - Thought he had a poor game. Was missing for large parts of it. Maybe not fit? 

Lee - Better game from him but not physical enough and when he is he gives stupid fouls away. 

Harris - Poor and has been since Cardiff game. 

Murphy - Looked much better today which was pleasing to see but his final ball is dogger. 

Fletch - Worked hard as usual. Think he's cursed in front of goal at the moment. 

Nuhiu - Worked hard but didn't impact game enough. 

Nando - Did okay. Pleased he got a goal. Let's hope he can kick on. 

Reach - Changed game. Shame he didn't come on earlier. Every time I've seen Reach dropped, he does this. 

Rhodes - Needs to go. Has no impact whatsoever. Waste of a sub. 

Overall - weird game. Some moments of real quality and some cack. Just a very frustrating ending - AGAIN! 

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Thought Dave was excellent today and he shouldn’t have been hauled off. Fox and Iorfa were also very good. Reach looked top drawer when he came on. 

100% agree with this, Fletcher can't cope up top on his own,gets out muscled by the centre backs,needs Nuhui as his foil. Nice to see Fessi back. 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Was a bit surprised Murphy came off. Most effective he's looked.

I was surprised by the lukewarm reception that he got from the crowd. I stood up to applaud him off after such a good game. I was on my own though, so I sat back down.

He’s definitely got something, we just don’t see it every week.

Westwood - 4. 2 corners, 2 flaps, 2 goals. 1-2/10 without the great save, cant catch so needs to command area better and punch instead

Palmer - 5 nervous at back, nothing crosses wise again

iorfa - 7 assist for 2nd

Lees 6 needs to stay with man when crosses come in

Fox - 7.5* shades murphy with goal

Murphy - 7 nice to see effort, especially in tracking back for a change, nearly scored and looked sharp, deserves his place for now

Bannan - 6 quieter but 1st game back

Lee - 6 lightweight but assist bumps him up 1,

Harris - 6 great cross for fletch but quiet on left again, why not try him on right!

Nuhiu 6 wins headers etc but rarely leads to.much and doesnt look like scoring enough 

Fletcher 6 looks sharp, maybe just unlucky hes missing too many chances 

Fernando 7 time for a start, maybe in a 4231

Reach - 7 good run and shot

Edited by Ash77

Westwood 5 couple of top drawer saves but terrible distribution and at fault for both goals although I’d bet my mortgage if nuhui had been in a similar incident with a keeper like first goal it would have been given as a foul all day long 

palmer 6 steady 

fox 8 good game good goal is this the same Morgan fox we had last season 

lees 7 decent but poor distribution 

iorfa 8 few sloppy passes but generally very good 

harris 5 struggling of late but keeps trying needs to try something different 

murphy 7 decent game but should have scored 

bannan 6 some good moments but allowed their midfield too much space 

lee 6 ditto but did well for FFs goal 

nuhui 7 did well should have scored 

fletcher 7 usual performance unlucky not to score 

FF 6 showed some intent scored

reach 7 more like it 

Rhodes 5 weak

strange game could have been out of sight in first half hour fell behind and should have levelled early in second then didn’t look like scoring but took lead only to throw it away. We need to work on game management it’s costing us dear a bit of nouse and we are top two 

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 6 hard to score. Pulled off a worldy, at least half to blame for the first goal and at faiult for the third if it wasn’t a foul. Weird game.

Palmer 5 I prefer him at lb

Iorfa 8 still a beast

Lees 7 did ok but Borner is better. Lees will either be in the bench or Iorfa will end up at rb to accommodate him.

Fox 6 same as Westwood. Partly to blame for the first and I believe he has lost his man on the corner. However, a great finish for the goal and one excellent sliding tackle which stopped one

Murphy 6 better but should have scored at least once and loses the ball too much for my liking 

Bannan 7 did well

Lee 6 good going forward but is too lightweight to play as a two in the middle 

Harris 6 does he need a rest? Been poor now for 4 games. Did make the Murphy chance though 

Nuhiu 8 why he was taken off, I have no idea. Poor decision 

Fletcher 7 unlucky not to score 

Forestieri 7 much better. Has to start the next game

Reach 8 not on long but was excellent. This is the Reach I want to watch 

Rhodes 6 first 3 touches were appalling but better after that and got an assist for the Fox goal I think

How the hell we only got a point I don’t know. Should have been 3 up before they scored. Then to go up in injury time and not win was a sickener. Surely that was a foul on Westwood though for the second one?