• Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Forestieri
    • Reach
    • Rhodes

Wednesday   2 - 2   Swansea

Forestieri (81 ), Fox (90)          Ayew (32) Wilmot (94) 

image.png.48268eb0c718c85b466305c91d6a29dd.png

image.png.fb3673bab6a47f158133e16c0c341673.png

Drama. It's not good for the health is it!

Would you have taken a point beforehand?

These last ten minute roller-coasters are are going to make the wife a widow!

I gave it to Murphy. A weird game - many of our players mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

Westwood: 5 - badly at fault for the first goal, and also a breakdown in communication with Fox for the corner before that. An incredible reflex save in the 92nd minute, and then at fault again for the second? Hard to tell, looked to me like he was fouled but the ref didn't give it.

Palmer: 6 - some good bursts forward but a horrible clearance near the end to play them in and looked a bit shaky more than once.

Iorfa: 8 - as usual his pace got us out of a few scrapes and the pick of our defenders

Lees: 6 - mixed bag, won plenty of headers but looked uncomfortable on the ball and we missed Borner's distribution, particularly one moment where he just booted it out of play

Fox: 7 - what to say? A goal (although more of a smash into the Swansea player that luckily bounced in!), plenty of great overlaps and decent crosses. But then a complete mix-up for the first goal and a few other inexplicable moments. Shame for him that the goal wasn't a winner.

Murphy: 8 - at the heart of many of our good attacks in the first half, pace, intelligent running and precision when passing - but boy, I wish he learned to shoot. Unlucky in the second half when he hit the inside of the post.

Lee: 7 - could have been sent off, and we looked very open at times, then at others he kept nicking the ball off them and starting counter attacks. Great energy and run to set up the equaliser

Bannan: 6 - bit of a messy game by his high standards, midfield was very scrappy and we generally got worse in the second half

Harris: 6 - continued his downward trend, a few good moments but nothing like the consistent threat he offered in August

Nuhiu: 7 - won lots in the air, a few quality turns... and yet, never quite seemed to have the end product. Harsh to only give him a 7? Well, his and Fletcher's job is to score and they seem to never quite manage it.

Fletcher: 7 - see above, was everywhere, held the ball up well, created so many chances and on another day could have had a hat-trick - yet always seems to hit the post or the keeper, unlucky more than once.

Subs:

Forestieri: 8 - came on and scored with a poachers finish, can't ask for more than that

Reach: 8 - similar, immediate impact with the run and shot that led to the second goal, almost repeated the trick in the 94th minute

Rhodes: 5 - didn't do much, and what he did, he did badly

12 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

I gave it to Murphy. A weird game - many of our players mixed the sublime with the ridiculous.

Westwood: 5 - badly at fault for the first goal, and also a breakdown in communication with Fox for the corner before that. An incredible reflex save in the 92nd minute, and then at fault again for the second? Hard to tell, looked to me like he was fouled but the ref didn't give it.

Palmer: 6 - some good bursts forward but a horrible clearance near the end to play them in and looked a bit shaky more than once.

Iorfa: 8 - as usual his pace got us out of a few scrapes and the pick of our defenders

Lees: 6 - mixed bag, won plenty of headers but looked uncomfortable on the ball and we missed Borner's distribution, particularly one moment where he just booted it out of play

Fox: 7 - what to say? A goal (although more of a smash into the Swansea player that luckily bounced in!), plenty of great overlaps and decent crosses. But then a complete mix-up for the first goal and a few other inexplicable moments. Shame for him that the goal wasn't a winner.

Murphy: 8 - at the heart of many of our good attacks in the first half, pace, intelligent running and precision when passing - but boy, I wish he learned to shoot. Unlucky in the second half when he hit the inside of the post.

Lee: 7 - could have been sent off, and we looked very open at times, then at others he kept nicking the ball off them and starting counter attacks. Great energy and run to set up the equaliser

Bannan: 6 - bit of a messy game by his high standards, midfield was very scrappy and we generally got worse in the second half

Harris: 6 - continued his downward trend, a few good moments but nothing like the consistent threat he offered in August

Nuhiu: 7 - won lots in the air, a few quality turns... and yet, never quite seemed to have the end product. Harsh to only give him a 7? Well, his and Fletcher's job is to score and they seem to never quite manage it.

Fletcher: 7 - see above, was everywhere, held the ball up well, created so many chances and on another day could have had a hat-trick - yet always seems to hit the post or the keeper, unlucky more than once.

Subs:

Forestieri: 8 - came on and scored with a poachers finish, can't ask for more than that

Reach: 8 - similar, immediate impact with the run and shot that led to the second goal, almost repeated the trick in the 94th minute

Rhodes: 5 - didn't do much, and what he did, he did badly

A very fair and accurate post. Completely agree with all points, apart from Harris would have got a 3 from me. Terrible performance bar the 1 good cross that lead to Murphy hitting post. He looks lost out there and isnt getting himself involved enough. Needs to get off that touchline.

Westwood - 3 for the save, rest abysmal. At fault for both goals, terrible kicking

Palmer - misses training yesterday, looked like it today

Fox - 8 MoM Great goal, fabulous celebration, threat with crosses

Lees - 6 played in wrong side and it showed, so nervous with ball at feet

iorfa - 6 a few wobbles today

Murphy - 6 if he could shoot he’d be dangerous

bannan 6 way off the pace again

Lee - 7 better

Harris - 6 struggling again

Nuhiu 8 should have stayed on

Fletcher 7 workhorse

Fernando 8 - must start

Reach - 7 much much better

Rhodes - erm....

I went for Iorfa. He was steady throughout.

Fox’s goal was somewhat covered off by his defending for their first goal both before and after the corner.

Glad to see him scoring though. Well done Foxy.

Westwood had a mixed day too. Great saves and blunders in equal measures.

Just saying it as it is. Always fair me, even as a Westwood fan.

2C574316-CDFE-448F-A190-1697827872E4.gif

I will go for Murphy. He looked up for it which is a pleasant change. He's got it but struggles to find it or can't be ars ed to even look for it. Today he found it and worked hard.

Lee, looked like he's getting there. Much better from him. Not back to his best but you can see signs that he's not lost it.

Nuhiu, worked hard and had a good game, should have had a penalty and was a handful until he went off. If he could score goals we would get promoted, unfortunately he can't.

Fox, played very well, glad he scored, it should have been the winner.

Reach looked more motivated after being dropped.

Nice to see Fessi get a goal. I've not really been over impressed with him so far, one good cameo and a couple of indifferent appearances from the bench. Hopefully the goal will help him kick on and be the player we all want him to be.

Edited by prowl

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Was a bit surprised Murphy came off. Most effective he's looked.

Me too... A couple of dingbats behind me constantly slating him. Shouting get him off after 30 mins etc etc.

Best game for us so far, running at defenders getting in good attacking positions and also trying to get in the box. 

17 minutes ago, Bigblueowl said:

Me too... A couple of dingbats behind me constantly slating him. Shouting get him off after 30 mins etc etc.

Best game for us so far, running at defenders getting in good attacking positions and also trying to get in the box. 

Isn't this the Wednesday way?