Adam Reach

Totally changed the game. His old self. Direct, fast, dynamic.

More please.

We have four good wide players. Hope Monk varies it more. He’s been too loyal to Harris and Reach. Nothing wrong with that if on form, but they’ve been Luke-warm so it makes sense to rotate with FF and Murphy.

It's an interesting one. Reach always tends to do this when he is dropped. I remember in the 16/17 season when he was dropped for Fessi against Birmingham. He came on in the second half, made a marauding run into the box and scored. Nearly did same today. Interesting. 

I am sorry but no manager should have to put up with the performance Reach gave last week at Blackburn.

He was a disgrace.

It was absolutely right to leave him out today.

It is no good turning in a good 20 mins today if it fools Monk into selecting him only for Reach to let him down again.

Reach is an experienced player who needs to show some bottle and consistency if he wants a place in starting eleven.

He came on and went for it today BECAUSE he'd been dropped. Monk did absolutely the right thing there.

I'll always be a big Reach fan after he carried us for best part of a year on pure effort, never seen owt quite like that - and as I've said a few times, if anybody has earned the right to a crap spell, it's him - but he deserved to be benched after a poor run, and if today's anything to go by, it seems to have lit a bit of a fire under him. Wouldn't mind seeing him start on the bench a couple more times if that's what it takes to keep him hungry.

What's frustrating is that we clearly set up today to go at Swansea with the big lads, and long high direct balls - and we had FAR more joy on the ground. We were crying out for someone who could just run at them really direct, and the minute Reach came on and did that, we scored. Frustrating, 'cos if he'd been on the pitch in the first 20 minutes I think we'd have scored at least one. Still, he was out of the starting XI for a reason, and hindsight is 20/20 etc.

4 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Would start with Reach on the left next game and Harris on the bench.  

Harris has gone off the boil and perhaps has been sussed out.  

Reach has been lampooned all season yet he still has more assists than Harris who people adore unconditionally, glad people are seeing the light.

Edited by Owls2k