Dawson - New Contract or Sell?

Anyone know what sort of money westwood earns? 20k a week?

Pretty sure Dawson would sign a 3 year deal at half that! 

I can't justify that there's 10k in terms of quality between them!

Don't get me wrong Dawson still has lots to learn but what better way than playing regularly! We seem to be a lot tighter at the back and I would guess (not researched) our keepers are having less to deal with so need to be alert when called upon and Dawson certainly has been (two world class saves recently).

Our club still has to cut its cloth unfortunately and these types of decisions have to be made!

Dawson number 1, Westwood sold if needs be. 

We have to evolve guys and gals.

Just getting my tin hat!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

I personally rate Dawson and some of the negativity round him is garbage - probably brought on by the Westwood situation last season.

3/4 year deal and let him carry on his progression here.

Definitely look to move on Wildsmith though.

While I agree with you about Dawson, I think we should keep Wildsmith, as we’ll need to have both when Westwood leaves Meanwhile, a couple of loan spells will hopefully bring him up to scratch

Keep Dawson. He is number 1 in the future.

But I would send him out on loan in January, get him playing regular. Barnsley I think would be ideal. Their keeper is poo and need a new one. Be a good challenge for him to keep em up.

Wildsmith can stay and recover whilst here, play the odd game and is a capable deputy to when Westwood breaks down in the warm up again. Jones can continue in the same 3rd choice role.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Keep Dawson. He is number 1 in the future.

But I would send him out on loan in January, get him playing regular. Barnsley I think would be ideal. Their keeper is poo and need a new one. Be a good challenge for him to keep em up.

Wildsmith can stay and recover whilst here, play the odd game and is a capable deputy to when Westwood breaks down in the warm up again. Jones can continue in the same 3rd choice role.

Problem with that is...Dawson goes out on loan, Westwood gets injured straight away, Wildsmith still injured and Jones not played a game in yonks!

Leaves us up the River Don without a tetanus injection! 

10 hours ago, Bigblueowl said:

Problem with that is...Dawson goes out on loan, Westwood gets injured straight away, Wildsmith still injured and Jones not played a game in yonks!

Leaves us up the River Don without a tetanus injection! 

Wildsmith is back in training now, will be ready to play easily by January.