on to parking now

Guest The Claw

4 hours ago, The Claw said:

No law against parking on pavement unless its obstruction, parked like that for too many years. has anyone actually mentioned the same situation at bumholestain erm NO!

Not interested in what happens in and around that hovel. Parking on the pavement should be 3 points and a £60 fine. Alternatively, a key right down to the metal all the way from the front wing to the back wing would be equally acceptable.

41 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Not interested in what happens in and around that hovel. Parking on the pavement should be 3 points and a £60 fine. Alternatively, a key right down to the metal all the way from the front wing to the back wing would be equally acceptable.

14DD1400-90E0-45F2-9F29-D51196344681.png

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Blatter said:

Parking in a cycle lane is a different matter altogether.

I no longer live within Sheffield but pavement parking is becoming an issue in many cities.
I thought it was already illegal to park on a pavement but I read recently it is only a specific offence in Scotland.

Where I live now most people park with two wheels on the pavement otherwise emergency vehicles like fire engines would not easily pass. I believe this is why most councils are reluctant to consider an outright ban.

I’m guessing that in the current climate though, if you have a wheel on the curb anywhere around Hillsborough on match day you can expect a large fine.

Fine for what offence? As long as the vehicle isn't causing an obstruction then what can they do? If you're parked illegally then you deserve a fine. Park in a no parking zone you deserve a fine. 

I'll be honest, I haven't read the star article cos it's blocked, but where are they going to clamp down? 

2 minutes ago, farlego said:

And mine!

I could go to the gym before and do some shopping after and still be home in time to turn Strictly off 

5 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I could go to the gym before and do some shopping after and still be home in time to turn Strictly off 

The locals don't know how lucky they are still having time to do other things on a Saturday rather than sitting on the M1 before and after the match.

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Fine for what offence? As long as the vehicle isn't causing an obstruction then what can they do? If you're parked illegally then you deserve a fine. Park in a no parking zone you deserve a fine. 

I'll be honest, I haven't read the star article cos it's blocked, but where are they going to clamp down? 

Point being made by wheelchair/mobility scooter users/pram pushers on here is that cars parked on pavements do cause an obstruction, forcing them into the road to get past. There seems  to be a move in many cities to clamp down on this and Scotland have outlawed it altogether. 
My point was that Sheffield council seems very keen to make an example of anyone they deem to be parking illegally around Hillsborough on match days. For that reason I would be very careful about parking with wheels on a pavement  near Hillsborough any time on those days.

Streets around the ground where parking is banned on match days were outlined in the confusing document sent to residents. 

On 06/11/2019 at 08:59, vulva said:

The women they were trying to confiscate it from was at least 70. I’m no expert in football ground safety, but I’m fairly sure that, and the confiscation of a 4 year olds Diet Cola bottle top don’t represent clear and present danger. 

Quite agree, ludicrous.

20 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

It's Joey Pelupessy.

He's that desperate to improve his corner kicks, that he's resorted to wandering around S6 after training in the hope of catching a game on someones TV.

I believe in this photo, he managed to stumble across a local resident watching the Real Madrid game over the weekend who had Toni Kroos on corner duties.

Let's hope he's learnt something.

lol

My disabled wife is unable to use her mobility scooter on Parkside Road on matchdays, due to inconsiderate drivers parking on the pavement, and ignoring the no parking cones. Nobody takes any action against them. The cars are usually expensive 4x4s, apparently unwilling to pay to park in Hillsborough Park car park. We pay £70 for a season long permit to park in the Park. Emergency vehicles struggle to get through on match days, due to the cars parked on the pavement. Action is long overdue.

Well these two websites hardly clarify the matter either...

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q387.htm

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/legal/parking-on-the-pavement/

Therefore, I'm supposing that the cars parking on the pavement on the Hillsborough Park side of Parkside Road are possibly causing an obstruction because they have to block the pavement to create enough room for traffic to go up and down Parkside Road.

Otherwise, it's a case of park where you like as long as you are not causing an obstruction, the council hasn't put restrictions on the road/pavement/verges, you are not blocking access or you are parking in London.

As ever, I am not a legal expert and not qualified to provide legal statements so I am only referring to advice given by acknowledged "experts".

20 hours ago, handworth52 said:

my kids carry spares in there pockets, so they can try there pathetic stunt at taking it off them as it wont bother us. this city/county is a joke with health and safety yet morons can buy explosives and throw them at cars ,police ,whoever as they have this past few days . but an 80 year old with an umbrella or a young kid with a bottle its a no no . what a f**king joke.  I hate this council with a big  H . 

Nice rant mate.  It would have helped if any of it was factually correct.  What is or isn't allowed into the ground is nothing whatsoever to do with the Council.  You crack on though, if it makes you feel better.

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

Think you're already the world champion in that.

I would disagree You were proposing unnecessary damage on a vehicle. That would have resulted in a criminal conviction, loss of job, loss of earnings, possible loss of house and a besmirched name in the local community.

The QC for the prosecution would argue that your actions, at best, were cavalier. 

I think you may be World Champion. Champ. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Nice rant mate.  It would have helped if any of it was factually correct.  What is or isn't allowed into the ground is nothing whatsoever to do with the Council.  You crack on though, if it makes you feel better.

its factually correct kids have been lobbing live fireworks at cars near me and its legal to buy explosives , yet umbrella took in by an old man/woman banned , bottle tops banned for 4 year olds fact m8. 

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

its factually correct kids have been lobbing live fireworks at cars near me and its legal to buy explosives , yet umbrella took in by an old man/woman banned , bottle tops banned for 4 year olds fact m8. 

None of that is anything to do with the council. 

Guest The Claw
On 6 November 2019 at 21:51, Steelman said:

So your the five archers culprit, criminal damage is also a crime big boy

I agree that people shouldn't park either fully on partly on pavements for all reasons mentioned but anyone keying cars that do are far far worse