on to parking now

Guest The Claw

Targeting parking is one thing, not providing an alternative is another. It was only last week that the trams were cancelled. Getting to Hillsborough, and getting into the ground is getting quite ridiculous. Noticed they were confiscating umbrellas last week ffs. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Targeting parking is one thing, not providing an alternative is another. It was only last week that the trams were cancelled. Getting to Hillsborough, and getting into the ground is getting quite ridiculous. Noticed they were confiscating umbrellas last week ffs. 

You tried to go through turnstile with an umbrella up, didn't you? lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

You tried to go through turnstile with an umbrella up, didn't you? lol

The women they were trying to confiscate it from was at least 70. I’m no expert in football ground safety, but I’m fairly sure that, and the confiscation of a 4 year olds Diet Cola bottle top don’t represent clear and present danger. 

Edited by vulva

3 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

People shouldn't be parking on the pavements, as a runner / walker, and occasional cyclist, it's very annoying and I have no issue with this as an action.

However its not in isolation and does underline the suspicions of an agenda.

Isn't it illegal for cyclists to ride on pavements ? 

7 hours ago, Geedee said:

I like most people do not want to hinder people with disabilities.

But we all have to live together.

Surely common sense would say try to avoid travelling around Hillsborough or indeed any other football ground for around 4 hours on matchday unless of course your going to the  match.

And are partially disabled?.

I rely on my daughter taking and collecting me.. She, like many people, has no interest in football. She is, however, quite willing to take her dear old Dad to watch his beloved Wednesday play. She travels from near Macclesfield to Buxtonto pick me up, brings my wife and Granddaughter along and , for amusement, they will visit Relatives, or even suffer Meadowhell  (The Trafford Centre is much more convenient for her).We travel into Sheffield via malin Bridge, up Middlewood Rd, down lepp and onto Catchbar lane to tthe bridge.  On return she will come via either Herries Rd, or fro   m town via Penistone Rd, and Parkfield Rd to picknme up. At the last matchI  was able to attend, it took her 60bmins to travel from Owlerton Stadium, and yp to Parkside Rd. because of a traffic grid lock. So you can see that the current situation is causing us a lot of trouble.

The point is 'we all have to live together' as you say, and if you read my post, it did not agree with the Parking Restrictions.in their entireity. |But I am sure that you mustvagree that the time has come for some form of control of the parking around S6

I did , however, make the point that we as a nation, and I hold up my hand as guilty in the past, are very POOR at parking. Many of us consider that OUR needs are paramount, and sod the rest! I watched a programme about London Transport recently, and was amazed to find their buses do not run to a timetable but are directed as and where needed Not quite that simple, I know, but maybe the time has come for a rethink on parking and riding with out of town parking.

As for pavements  and parking, I make the point that roads are for cars, pavements for pedestrians. Many of the people who are parking around S6 are using cars as convenience. How many are single occupiers?

And as for the time saved (minutes?), I  know I face at least 60 minutes from leaving Hillsborough to arriving home, and plan my Satuirday afts and evenings around that.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

The tram cancellation had nothing to do with anyone except Stagecoach and Leeds fans previous behaviour. However, as for getting in and out of the ground is not getting ridiculous, it has got ridiculous. I remember the time when I have been at Hillsborough with 40k+ and even 60K, and have been comfortably back from the ground by tram (proper tram) by 5.20pm and the ground empty.

So can the council also print in the local press the similar restriction currently in place for games at S2, presumably using the same logic Bramall Lane will be shut for an hour before and after games the adjoining roads of St Mary's Gate, Shoreham Street and all of the roads off these will also be shut at the same time and no parking on pavements will be allowed on any of these roads causing hazards to pedestrians and cyclists and all access to business such as the Copthorne Hotel, Arnold Lavers, the exhaust Centre and Go out etc will be prohibited unless you have a sticker to show the stewards to get through to these places.

Or are these restrictions just in S6 thus proving these restrictions have nothing what so ever to do with safety.

3 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

The tram cancellation had nothing to do with anyone except Stagecoach and Leeds fans previous behaviour. However, as for getting in and out of the ground is not getting ridiculous, it has got ridiculous. I remember the time when I have been at Hillsborough with 40k+ and even 60K, and have been comfortably back from the ground by tram (proper tram) by 5.20pm and the ground empty.

That tram must have been trapping on to get to Buxton for 5:20 

WTF:

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Binky Griptite said:

People shouldn't be parking on the pavements, as a runner / walker, and occasional cyclist, it's very annoying and I have no issue with this as an action.

However its not in isolation and does underline the suspicions of an agenda.

Shouldn’t be cycling on the pavement Binky, not even occasionally.

17 hours ago, MAL said:

ChZCbE_W4AExhhW.thumb.jpg.49fed186cf40c9cdb22dc50865c542f4.jpg

Have a guess who this two faced 2hat is, peering through peoples windows around Hillsborough.

It's Joey Pelupessy.

He's that desperate to improve his corner kicks, that he's resorted to wandering around S6 after training in the hope of catching a game on someones TV.

I believe in this photo, he managed to stumble across a local resident watching the Real Madrid game over the weekend who had Toni Kroos on corner duties.

Let's hope he's learnt something.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Blatter said:

Shouldn’t be cycling on the pavement Binky, not even occasionally.

Unless you're on penistone Road that is, where the cycle lane is part of the pavement. 

If people are parking illegally then they should expect a ticket. Is parking on a kerb illegal? Are they targeting specific streets here where its a serious problem, or is this actually just another way to wind up Wednesday fans? 

I don't imagine united fans can park wherever they like round their ground. 

13 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Unless you're on penistone Road that is, where the cycle lane is part of the pavement. 

If people are parking illegally then they should expect a ticket. Is parking on a kerb illegal? Are they targeting specific streets here where its a serious problem, or is this actually just another way to wind up Wednesday fans? 

I don't imagine united fans can park wherever they like round their ground. 

Parking in a cycle lane is a different matter altogether.

I no longer live within Sheffield but pavement parking is becoming an issue in many cities.
I thought it was already illegal to park on a pavement but I read recently it is only a specific offence in Scotland.

Where I live now most people park with two wheels on the pavement otherwise emergency vehicles like fire engines would not easily pass. I believe this is why most councils are reluctant to consider an outright ban.

I’m guessing that in the current climate though, if you have a wheel on the curb anywhere around Hillsborough on match day you can expect a large fine.

Guest The Claw
19 hours ago, Steelman said:

No.

Pavements are for pedestrians. End of.

No law against parking on pavement unless its obstruction, parked like that for too many years. has anyone actually mentioned the same situation at bumholestain erm NO!

7 minutes ago, The Claw said:

No law against parking on pavement unless its obstruction, parked like that for too many years. has anyone actually mentioned the same situation at bumholestain erm NO!

Probably because they can park in secure, council subsidized car parks on the way into the City Centre for £3, less than 500 yards away, and probably free on the run up to Xmas. 

8 hours ago, vulva said:

The women they were trying to confiscate it from was at least 70. I’m no expert in football ground safety, but I’m fairly sure that, and the confiscation of a 4 year olds Diet Cola bottle top don’t represent clear and present danger. 

my kids carry spares in there pockets, so they can try there pathetic stunt at taking it off them as it wont bother us. this city/county is a joke with health and safety yet morons can buy explosives and throw them at cars ,police ,whoever as they have this past few days . but an 80 year old with an umbrella or a young kid with a bottle its a no no . what a f**king joke.  I hate this council with a big  H .