3 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

This thread is great. 

I mean to have doctors, psycologists and sporting contract experts all able to share their knowledge. 

Or b<llshit as its more commonly known

It’s people offering their opinion, not professing to be doctors, psychologists etc

so are you a Professional Football Manager/Pro footballer/Ex pro to validate you having over 5000 posts on this forum? Or weren’t any of those 5000 football related?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

Something very weird about Rhodes' situation. Been said this week that Norwich agreed fee and terms to sign him in summer, then DC blocked the move. All very bizarre. 

i heard the deal was done too before the window end but yet again a last minute pull by DC 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Hindsight’s wonderful isn’t it?  99% on here were delighted with us finally spending big money on a “STAR” when we signed him.

Iif you dig back and look bud, you'll find I was more. Full. Of surprise and confusion. 

As I said at the time we had Nando, hooper, joao, Nuhiu. The we made what looked like a cracking piece of business by signing a bang in form free scoring Winnall from a poor Barnsley side with what looked a steal at 500k. 

Most teams operate with 4/5 first team forwards, to suddenly spend that amount of money on someone we really didn't need in a position we didn't need to strengthen just didn't make sense when we had limited cover in other areas such as rw cb and lb. As I said I was a bit confused to be honest. 

• Like 1

Don't get why people bring up the hindsight surrounding the Rhodes signing. 

Most people were happy and excited, me included. 

The signing turned out to be an absolute shambles. Damn right I've changed my mind on the fact that I thought he was a good signing. I was wrong, he was/is an awful signing for this club. 

There you go, opinions change based on the current level of performance you get from a player. 

The sooner he leaves the better. 

3 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Didn't really realise how many fairly "old" players we have.

We've got the oldest average squad age in the league. The squad with the most Championship experience. The squad with the most longest average serving players. 

Its failed year on year to be good enough for promotion. Not gonna happen until we have a massive shake up again. This summer was a good start. 

Edited by TheEnchanter

As GM has stated, the whole squad has a part to play. He's been given a run out with the U23s, possibly as a result of showing form in training. 

Is he in GM's plans over the coming weeks. I, for one, am prepared to suck it and see. 

I'd rather see a return on our investment, whichever way he can deliver it. Sod the presumptuous speculation, if GM sees something there, then I'm all for it. 

Your destiny awaits JR, now deliver. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

So with him scoring for the u23s yesterday seeing a lot of fans calling for him to be given another chance. For me I still believe he will be gone in January mainly due to his high wages and poor form. However if he was to be given a run and score a few maybe his confidence will come back and he could make all the difference, he's likely to score more than nuhiu and winnall, what are your opions fresh start or get rid? 

50 pages minimum 

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

So with him scoring for the u23s yesterday seeing a lot of fans calling for him to be given another chance. For me I still believe he will be gone in January mainly due to his high wages and poor form. However if he was to be given a run and score a few maybe his confidence will come back and he could make all the difference, he's likely to score more than nuhiu and winnall, what are your opions fresh start or get rid? 

Who / where are these "a lot of fans"?

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

We've got the oldest average squad age in the league. The squad with the most Championship experience. The squad with the most longest average serving players. 

Its failed year on year to be good enough for promotion. Not gonna happen until we have a massive shake up again. This summer was a good start. 

i think a third party may conclude this squad as a whole has failed 4 times and just isnt quite good enough skill/temperament   - I realise we are in the mix this year again hopefully in or around playoffs  but if we fail i'd like to see a change of direction by DC start letting players go start again as much as is possible financially 

for example rhodes and FF (ban aside) neither been utilised when available  

I went to the U23 game yesterday and Rhodes took his goal well in the one-on-one with the keeper slotting it past him into the corner of the net.

Did he do much more during the game, no not really.

Do I think he still has something to offer, yes if played alongside Fletcher or Nhuhi to latch onto the knock on's or Harris's crosses.

He never did offer much more for other teams apart from being a predator in the box but has never really had the service with Wednesday.