Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

What I find odd about it is that if he really is finished as a lot of us think, why do a premier league team want him. And it’s not just based on reputation either, they had him on loan and saw him train for 12 months. There’s something not right about it all, he’s only 29 too so it’s probably not a physical problem

 

I still think there’s some goals in him somewhere 

TBF he didn't start many games last season , maybe that was down to pukki scoring for fun though . Jordans lack of form is difficult to understand on the basis we splashed out a fortune on him . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

 

Reports don't say what the fee was, but that it was 'agreed'. Don't think a derogatory fee would have been agreed. I suspect there's more to the whole saga than we'll ever hear. His comments about the dressing room alluded to problems, and I still don't know why his dad left sharpish the way he did. Then begs the question why he's become so fecking useless on the pitch. 

So you think he’s not giving us 100% ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Hindsight’s wonderful isn’t it?  99% on here were delighted with us finally spending big money on a “STAR” when we signed him.

 

I would say it was more 50/50

 

A LOT knew he wasn't what we needed 

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tudders said:

You don’t just lose the unbelievable strikers instinct that Rhodes has. It’s not like as he’s got older he’s lost pace for example.  He’s never relied on pace. Even 50 odd year old ex pro’s still know where the net is. 
 

I genuinely think it’s a mental health issue and it’s affected his confidence. If any of you have ever been affected by mental health it can drag you down. 
 

Just reading between the lines.

 

Really hope he can rekindle his form, just concerns me that he won’t. Would be a huge shame. Seems a great bloke and i feel for him.

I’ve wondered that myself tbh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tudders said:

You don’t just lose the unbelievable strikers instinct that Rhodes has. It’s not like as he’s got older he’s lost pace for example.  He’s never relied on pace. Even 50 odd year old ex pro’s still know where the net is. 
 

I genuinely think it’s a mental health issue and it’s affected his confidence. If any of you have ever been affected by mental health it can drag you down. 
 

Just reading between the lines.

 

Really hope he can rekindle his form, just concerns me that he won’t. Would be a huge shame. Seems a great bloke and i feel for him.

 

Is this tongue in cheek or are you being serious??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I’ve wondered that myself tbh

 

It’s the only thing that could explain it. Anyone who’s ever played the game knows you just don’t lose ability as drastically as Rhodes has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:

 

Is this tongue in cheek or are you being serious??

I’m being serious. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, torres said:

 

Is this tongue in cheek or are you being serious??

What’s your opinion on the possibility of it being a mental health issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s had enough chances.

 

It might happen for him somewhere else but it’s certainly not going to happen at Sheffield Wednesday.

 

The sooner we can get this very expensive mistake off the wage bill the better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tudders said:

What’s your opinion on the possibility of it being a mental health issue? 

 

Its almost offensive to bring it up as an issue as to why he's no good.

 

 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think his time is done with us, despite the hopes I had when we signed him, been a waste of money. Suspect we will try to move him on at the earliest opportunity, whether we can is another matter. 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tudders said:

It’s the only thing that could explain it. Anyone who’s ever played the game knows you just don’t lose ability as drastically as Rhodes has. 

DC mentioned in a forum last year that a player was too scared to play 

 

That’s an anxiety issue. Anxiety is a mental health issue

  • Agree 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Tudders said:

What’s your opinion on the possibility of it being a mental health issue? 

So you are serious!

Where have you plucked this diagnosis from?

Seem to remember someone saying same about Abdi next thing you know it's a fact and all and sundry are running  with it!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:

 

Its almost offensive to bring it up as an issue as to why he's no good.

 

 

 

 

In my opinion it’s a legitimate possibility as to why he’s lost his way. It’s almost offensive to bring it up that it can’t be a legitimate possibility!!lol

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tudders said:

In my opinion it’s a legitimate possibility as to why he’s lost his way. It’s almost offensive to bring it up that it can’t be a legitimate possibility!!lol

 

He has been nowhere near good enough long before we were stupid enough to sign him  - it has nothing whatsoever to do with mental health

 

 

 

 

Apart from mine that has suffered due to his signing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, torres said:

 

He has been nowhere near good enough long before we were stupid enough to sign him  - it has nothing whatsoever to do with mental health

 

 

 

 

Apart from mine that has suffered due to his signing!!!

If it’s not mental health what do you think it is? 
 

I'm still of the opinion that it’s mental health related.

 

 As Stoop referred to, DC had mentioned that a player was too scared to play. I can’t think of any other candidate?Rhodes refuses to take a penalty in the shootout vs Hudders citing confidence issues.There’s no way the JR of old would have refused to take a kick. 
 

Some people are naive as to what huge effect mental health issues can have on people. Even being a multi million pound footballer doesn’t protect you from it. 
 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love nothing more than for him to be given his chance, take it with both hands and shove it up the arses of 1 or 2 on here who literally go out of there way to incorporate a Jordan Rhodes bashing into the most random of threads.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you think he’s not giving us 100% ? 

 

Absolutely. That's pretty obvious when a player loses his edge completely like he has. Rhodes is also a player that needed to adapt his game. You look at Fletcher...32yrs old pushing 33. He looks stronger than ever. Fitter than ever. He's clearly added muscle mass. Contrast that with the physiques of Rhodes & Nuhiu that look as though they've never hit the gym. How could they possibly say they're giving 100% if they've not even worked on themselves physically?

Edited by wilyfox
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, the monk said:

So you are serious!

Where have you plucked this diagnosis from?

Seem to remember someone saying same about Abdi next thing you know it's a fact and all and sundry are running  with it!

 

 

 

I’ve not diagnosed anything. I’ve merely suggested it as a possible reason for his loss of form.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...