That Corner

33 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

I recall a hat-trick of crAp corners from Potter

V Huddersfield though tbf he was taking them in torrential rain and there was puddles of water around corner flag. 

I felt sorry for player when crowd was having a go at him.

I didn't feel sorry for Pelupessy on Saturday though, he must have had about 8 attempts with corners in first half and I think only one got past first Blackburn defender.

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

V Huddersfield though tbf he was taking them in torrential rain and there was puddles of water around corner flag. 

I felt sorry for player when crowd was having a go at him.

I didn't feel sorry for Pelupessy on Saturday though, he must have had about 8 attempts with corners in first half and I think only one got past first Blackburn defender.

There was the one that he booted out the far side of the box too.

5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't understand how Pelupessy was put in a position where he had the opportunity to hit so many poor corners.

Surely after a couple of stinkers, the manager would take the pressure off him and tell someone else to have a go. Fox, Reach, Lee and Harris can all deliver a decent cross, so to leave Pelupessy getting more and more anxious about it with each mis-hit delivery seems a bit odd.

Was trying to think on Saturday who actually does take corners other than Bannan normally. Sure I've seen Reach take a few but other than that? Don't think I've ever seen Hutch take one before. Forestieri has taken some but they should really train a few more up. 

18 hours ago, handworth52 said:

we have been woeful with corners since Wallace. thought bannan was bad with corners all is forgiven after Saturday ,easily the worst set of corners ive ever seen from us ,all were appalling even 2nd half when he was removed from corner duty it didn't get better. 

Bannan is bad, Pelupessy is just worse !

18 hours ago, sweetsheri said:

The biggest crime is the fact that after the first 3 or 4 we carried on allowing him to take them?...

WTF! Where is the leadership on the pitch.

We just aren't a threat from corners. Might as well not bother tekkin em

You can add throw-ins and free kicks to that as well.

WTF they do in training is beyond me, because they certainly don't work on set pieces. And the worst thing about it is that it's been like this for years.

Totally inexcusable for a professional football team.

40 minutes ago, vulva said:

Morgan Fox should take corners. Us getting corners is like getting a corner at 5-a-side. It’s actually counterproductive and puts the opposition in a stronger position. 

I'd thought that but then his height in the box and Harris taking the kick seemed better

In all fairness to the player, and I may be completely wrong, but THAT corner, shown there, could very easily have led to a goal at the near post, and looked like a practised move that didn't come off ,to me 

That said, I agree with most posters on here that WE BADLY NEED A DEAD BALL KICKER. And that certainly isn't Bannan, who's corners are little better than Pessys.

Same with throw-ins. It is a problem NOT with whoever is throwing the ball, but with the fact that he seldom has a player to whom he  can throw it.  

39 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I'd thought that but then his height in the box and Harris taking the kick seemed better

Fox has scored 3 goals in 181 games. We are hardly taking Gerd Muller out of the action here. 

• Haha 2