3 signings in Jan

We really need to cull our strikers. Whether you think it’s 4-5-1, or 4-3-3, it’s obvious that we have too many strikers, especially if we want to add new faces in that department If it’s the former, we have 4/5 fighting for one place, if it’s the latter, we have 8 fighting for three places

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We really need to cull our strikers. Whether you think it’s 4-5-1, or 4-3-3, it’s obvious that we have too many strikers, especially if we want to add new faces in that department If it’s the former, we have 4/5 fighting for one place, if it’s the latter, we have 8 fighting for three places

Amen to that, brother. Only Fletcher doin' the business. We need a dynamic revamp up top. 

47 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Maybe, I didn’t take much interest as I didn’t rate him. Anyway, I was most likely obsessed with the return of Hector at the time

At the time? You've only just let it go haven't you?

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I wonder if any of our fringe players could be used as makeweight for deals. I think there are plenty of clubs in a similar situation to us, strapped for cash and with a host of players on expiring contracts. 

I’ve seen Jackson Irvine mentioned, not followed him at Hull but thought he’d be a good fit before they signed him, his contract expires this term would Hull want Winnal, Rhodes or Joey as an example. 

I’d not mind Wigan’s Moore, not seen much of him before international break but he looked top draw for Wales against Croatia and Slovakia, again would they fancy Winnal? 

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I wonder if any of our fringe players could be used as makeweight for deals. I think there are plenty of clubs in a similar situation to us, strapped for cash and with a host of players on expiring contracts. 

I’ve seen Jackson Irvine mentioned, not followed him at Hull but thought he’d be a good fit before they signed him, his contract expires this term would Hull want Winnal, Rhodes or Joey as an example. 

I’d not mind Wigan’s Moore, not seen much of him before international break but he looked top draw for Wales against Croatia and Slovakia, again would they fancy Winnal? 

I’m gonna hazard a guess at no and no. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

I think looking for part exchange deals is definitely something we should consider, although wages could be an issue. Managers like Redknapp and Big Ron were particularly good at negotiating those type of deals. Though I think it will be loans, even a loan swap could be worth exploring. For example, although it’s not now a priority, mainly due to Fox’s improved form, there might be such a deal for a former left back target. I see Vitesse Arnhem in Holland, are looking for a midfielder in January. Maybe a loan swap with Pelupessy offered to them, in exchange for young former Hull left back, Max Clark. Clark was a target for us when he was at Hull, and although he may be perfectly happy in Holland, I don’t know, something like that might be worth pursuing 

15 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

If we are in and around the top 6 in January I really hope DC does everything he can to back Monk. A goal scorer should be top of the list, possibly a player who can fill in if Luongo, BB are injured. Pessy isn’t up to that job imo. 

A cheap classy playmaker... to sit on the bench? Priorities elsewhere

I would like to see us try and play more football. To do this you need somebody in the defensive midfield position who can pass the ball quicker than we do at present , a more pass and move type of player.

Play 3 at the back with Hutch in there to give us a strong spine and go and get Ryan Woods on loan from Stoke and play him at the base of a midfield 3 of Woods, Bannan and Luongo.

He doesn’t seem to be getting a game there, assuming he still is there.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

I would like to see us try and play more football. To do this you need somebody in the defensive midfield position who can pass the ball quicker than we do at present , a more pass and move type of player.

Play 3 at the back with Hutch in there to give us a strong spine and go and get Ryan Woods on loan from Stoke and play him at the base of a midfield 3 of Woods, Bannan and Luongo.

He doesn’t seem to be getting a game there, assuming he still is there.

Then Ryan Wintle from Crewe is just the type. Plays in front of back four, gets ball from them and distributes it with urgency, precision and purpose. Very much the same type of player like Ryan Woods you mentioned above only younger and cheaper. Crewe are in my opinion playing best football outside of top two leagues, and it is mostly down to Wintle's quality in that deep playmaking role.

If we are looking for playmaker infront of our back 4 to give tempo to our game and could help Bannan create - Ryan Wintle

If we are looking for big, strong but mobile box to box midfielder - Lewis Ferguson

On 04/11/2019 at 10:59, Dutch McLovin said:

Ok so this is what I would do.

Sign two strikers and a winger. Bring back Matt Penney.

Get rid of as many of the below as possible:

Baker

Pelupessy

Murphy

Winnall

Rhodes

Bates (5th Choice CB)

Fox (if offered money).

Wildsmith (Loan)

add Nuhui to that list ,time he moved on,ok saying his wages are not massive...why is that..?

12 hours ago, Brando17 said:

add Nuhui to that list ,time he moved on,ok saying his wages are not massive...why is that..?

I still think he contributes. There are games where him starting or coming off the bench make a difference to us.

Understand your point but on a cheap wage as backup I would keep him.

Winger / forward , a midfielder who actually knows how to carry the ball and that it belongs in the big white thing at the end of the pitch and a young pacy striker . 

basically we are dire going forward . The midfield is slow and gets a nose bleed over the half way line and we have strikers who don’t score. This has to be priority 

Guest Bulgaria
On 05/11/2019 at 00:48, wilyfox said:

Amen to that, brother. Only Fletcher doin' the business. We need a dynamic revamp up top. 

We need a dynamic revamp as to who can provide them with chances.

Whatever we do, need more pace in attacking areas. Weve seen the impact Harris has made and need to give the opposition more to think about than just playing in front of them....enables them to play a higher line and we end up deeper in our own half.