3 signings in Jan

21 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

According to reports monk will be able to sign 3 players in January, maybe loans, what 3 areas do you think we need and any names that spring to mind? 

I would say a striker, attacking midfield and wide man.

Striker - Kodja on loan , striker who has decent pace and goals at this level , generally on bench for villa or Gayle who has goals at this level and also pace. Brucie could do us a favour with that one.

Wide man - long shot but would love that benrahma fella at Brentford thing he would be brilliant for us 

attacking mid- someone with energy who will stay in opposing half and link things up and get goals / assists for us, surely someone in prem on loan

What about the full back positions still lacking in my opinion. Need to wheel and deal. Offload to recruit. Need 2 strikers, woefully short of goals. 

22 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Is he better than Fletcher? In the system we play, we need more of a cutting edge, which means replacing at least 2 of the front three

I agree, 2 quick central attackers to play off the shoulders of the defence, then we might be able to play a more expansive game.

23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

No chance on Benrahma. Brentford wanted shitloads for him from Villa in summer.

I'd go for Henriksen at Hull. He's in a stalemate there in his final year. We've needed an athletic midfield all-rounder for years.

Up top... I'd look at Cosgrove (Aberdeen), Jackson (Ipswich), or see if Maja is homesick yet at Bordeaux.

The usual names Kodjia, Vydra etc. will be put forward. The former isn't the force he was a coupla years ago, and Vydra can't lead the line. 

If there is one Aberdeen player I would want us to take a look at it would be Lewis Ferguson. Strong, tall and mobile box to box midfielder that you would never guess is 20 years old by watching him play.

• Thanks 1

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Marcus Maddison at Peterborough is exactly the player we should be signing

Lower league player at the top of his game and clearly destined for bigger things. Will take a similar career path to Conor Hourihane and he ain't turned out to bad

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

His name has been mentioned down at the training ground, on more than one occasion in the last couple of weeks. UTO 

UTO kev, UTO. 

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, malek said:

If there is one Aberdeen player I would want us to take a look at it would be Lewis Ferguson. Strong, tall and mobile box to box midfielder that you would never guess is 20 years old by watching him play.

Likes an overhead kick, that lad. Aberdeen & Motherwell seem to be developing some good talent up there at the moment. 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

Marcus Maddison at Peterborough is exactly the player we should be signing

Lower league player at the top of his game and clearly destined for bigger things. Will take a similar career path to Conor Hourihane and he ain't turned out to bad

I can't see him moving in January. No one will pay his release fee with 6 months remaining, and any lesser figure would be dismissed out of hand because he's too important in their promotion push. They stand a genuine chance this year. I would think Pboro would issue firm hands off warnings regarding Maddison, Eisa, and Toney. 

32 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Likes an overhead kick, that lad. Aberdeen & Motherwell seem to be developing some good talent up there at the moment. 

Came through at Hamilton, but non the less I agree with you. 

Hard to work out which targets would be realistic Loans have been mentioned in The Star, but then again, they say we supposedly bid £7m for McKenna, which seems bonkers, when we could have got Hector for less Personally I’d be happy with loans, and wait until the summer when contracts run out

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, malek said:

Came through at Hamilton, but non the less I agree with you. 

Yeah he did. Maybe that's what they do, pick up the odd young talent like Ferguson & stray like Cosgrove. They're both thriving there.

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hard to work out which targets would be realistic Loans have been mentioned in The Star, but then again, they say we supposedly bid £7m for McKenna, which seems bonkers, when we could have got Hector for less Personally I’d be happy with loans, and wait until the summer when contracts run out

Wasn't the report that we were interested but Aberdeen wanted 7? Bet our offer was a mere fraction of that. 

8 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Yeah he did. Maybe that's what they do, pick up the odd young talent like Ferguson & stray like Cosgrove. They're both thriving there.

Wasn't the report that we were interested but Aberdeen wanted 7? Bet our offer was a mere fraction of that. 

Maybe, I didn’t take much interest as I didn’t rate him. Anyway, I was most likely obsessed with the return of Hector at the time