3 signings in Jan

32 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

According to reports monk will be able to sign 3 players in January, maybe loans, what 3 areas do you think we need and any names that spring to mind? 

I would say a striker, attacking midfield and wide man.

Striker - Kodja on loan , striker who has decent pace and goals at this level , generally on bench for villa or Gayle who has goals at this level and also pace. Brucie could do us a favour with that one.

Wide man - long shot but would love that benrahma fella at Brentford thing he would be brilliant for us 

attacking mid- someone with energy who will stay in opposing half and link things up and get goals / assists for us, surely someone in prem on loan

This is the sort of signing Brentford have been so good at making.  Way beyond our means I suspect, we need to get far better at identifying talent earlier to improve squad and generate funds over time from sales.

There has been talk of signing Premier League youngster on loan, but have to say, based on recent performances, clubs may be reluctant to trust us with the development of their young talent.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

If we're restricted to loans it'll be very difficult in January. The only loanees you'd likely find are unfit, out of sorts, and on their arse. Hoping they'd come in, settle immediately, and perform for a very short 4 month spell and make the difference for us in terms of promotion...is pretty desperate. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, poite said:

Ah. On that transfer market site it says it runs out in 2020. 

Oh well. An extra year for him to 'come good' then :ph34r:

Signed for 4yrs in 2017. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

If we're restricted to loans it'll be very difficult in January. The only loanees you'd likely find are unfit, out of sorts, and on their arse. Hoping they'd come in, settle immediately, and perform for a very short 4 month spell and make the difference for us in terms of promotion...is pretty desperate. 

I think it will be loans, unless we can find good value, most probably abroad. If it is loans, I think we can find talented youngsters who can improve us. We don’t require experience, we have that aplenty

Although we definitely need signings in January to aide a promotion push I hope we have one eye on next season. Chances are we’ll still be a championship club one who are going to need a new strike force next year. I’d look to loan one striker and bring one in permanent maybe a bit of a gamble who can have time to settle.obviously if we snuck up everything would change but if we don’t at least we’d have made a start in the rebuilding process 

Owls eye League Two striker - reports

A host of clubs are ready to test Crawley Town’s resolve in January over attacking star Bez Lubala – and TEAMtalk understands that Garry Monk’s Sheffield Wednesday are leading the chase.
The 21-year-old forward joined the League Two club in the summer, after he rejected a new contract at Birmingham City – where he had made his debut.
Now having made the move to Crawley, he has been in superb form with six goals in 15 games – and the left-footed ace has caught the attention of a host of clubs.
And we can reveal that one of those keen is Garry Monk, who gave Lubala his debut at Birmingham and is only too aware of his abilities. We understand he’s now keen to take him to Hillsborough, if the opportunity arise, and is exploring the possibility of a January swoop on the League Two club.
Middlesbrough, Wigan and League One high-flyers Peterborough are also understood to have watched him in recent weeks, but as we understand, it is the Owls who are leading the charge.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, wilyfox said:

We'll be signing Conor Wickham then !

27 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Owls eye League Two striker - reports

A host of clubs are ready to test Crawley Town’s resolve in January over attacking star Bez Lubala – and TEAMtalk understands that Garry Monk’s Sheffield Wednesday are leading the chase.
The 21-year-old forward joined the League Two club in the summer, after he rejected a new contract at Birmingham City – where he had made his debut.
Now having made the move to Crawley, he has been in superb form with six goals in 15 games – and the left-footed ace has caught the attention of a host of clubs.
And we can reveal that one of those keen is Garry Monk, who gave Lubala his debut at Birmingham and is only too aware of his abilities. We understand he’s now keen to take him to Hillsborough, if the opportunity arise, and is exploring the possibility of a January swoop on the League Two club.
Middlesbrough, Wigan and League One high-flyers Peterborough are also understood to have watched him in recent weeks, but as we understand, it is the Owls who are leading the charge.

This sounds interesting

I'd suggest we need pace and youth...three hungry players under 23 for me.

Add them anywhere and we will do well. Add them going forward and we're a playoff team.

We've proved that we're ok at soaking it up. We've proved that we are average at the long ball. We need counter attacking pace like FF used to have.

Apart from Baz, Luongo, Iorfa, Borner, Harris and Westwood I'd sell any other player to bring in some young exciting talent.

Just now, BRADDO said:

Please please please let Jos come in for his former number one player on his Owls team sheet. 

He's a permanent reminder of how hopeless Jos was. I'm still in shock that the moustache saw Joey as the perfect replacement for Hutch.

Unbelievably clueless.

Guest wilyfox
14 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I think it will be loans, unless we can find good value, most probably abroad. If it is loans, I think we can find talented youngsters who can improve us. We don’t require experience, we have that aplenty

Personally, I think the loan market is valuable in the summer taking a player for the full season. Hoping to grab a prem kid in January expecting him to settle and produce immediately is big ask. Look how long it's taking Murphy to find form - and he already has champ experience. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's a permanent reminder of how hopeless Jos was. I'm still in shock that the moustache saw Joey as the perfect replacement for Hutch.

Unbelievably clueless.

An utterly awful signing by an absolute crackpot manager. Pelupessy was his first name on the matchday team sheet and imo, is league 2 standard at best. JP, Rhodes, Winnall all need shipping out and 3 potential starters come in on loan and we'll have a chance. 

Still go back to the full backs, no point in having forwards if no ones creating chances for them to put away. Look at Liverpool, Robertson and Alexander creating more chances than anyone else....... from full back. Don't expect us to sign that quality at all but Robertson was at Hull and Klopp transformed him, surely there's others out there? Oh for a Sterland or Worthington/King partnership.

So for me, full back, forward and another creative midfielder.