3 signings in Jan

According to reports monk will be able to sign 3 players in January, maybe loans, what 3 areas do you think we need and any names that spring to mind? 

I would say a striker, attacking midfield and wide man.

Striker - Kodja on loan , striker who has decent pace and goals at this level , generally on bench for villa or Gayle who has goals at this level and also pace. Brucie could do us a favour with that one.

Wide man - long shot but would love that benrahma fella at Brentford thing he would be brilliant for us 

attacking mid- someone with energy who will stay in opposing half and link things up and get goals / assists for us, surely someone in prem on loan

Guest wilyfox

No chance on Benrahma. Brentford wanted shitloads for him from Villa in summer.

I'd go for Henriksen at Hull. He's in a stalemate there in his final year. We've needed an athletic midfield all-rounder for years.

Up top... I'd look at Cosgrove (Aberdeen), Jackson (Ipswich), or see if Maja is homesick yet at Bordeaux.

The usual names Kodjia, Vydra etc. will be put forward. The former isn't the force he was a coupla years ago, and Vydra can't lead the line. 

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

No chance on Benrahma. Brentford wanted shitloads for him from Villa in summer.

I'd go for Henriksen at Hull. He's in a stalemate there in his final year. We've needed an athletic midfield all-rounder for years.

Up top... I'd look at Cosgrove (Aberdeen), Jackson (Ipswich), or see if Maja is homesick yet at Bordeaux.

The usual names Kodjia, Vydra etc. will be put forward. The former isn't the force he was a coupla years ago, and Vydra can't lead the line. 

cosgrove a good shout actually

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

cosgrove a good shout actually

He's in scintillating form.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is he better than Fletcher? In the system we play, we need more of a cutting edge, which means replacing at least 2 of the front three

I'd see Cosgrove as Fletcher's long-term successor. He's also more athletic and can finish well with both feet. Fletch is so left-footed, bless him.

Jackson at Ipswich is that Che Adams type of forward - which we don't have. Having a good season there.

3 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

He's in scintillating form.

I'd see Cosgrove as Fletcher's long-term successor. He's also more athletic and can finish well with both feet. Fletch is so left-footed, bless him.

Jackson at Ipswich is that Che Adams type of forward - which we don't have. Having a good season there.

Is Cosgrove quick? Jackson is an interesting choice, I saw a bit of him when he was playing for Oxford City. Probably considered league one his level, but he seems to be a bit of a late developer, as Harris seems to be. He would probably add goals from the wide areas

2 minutes ago, Suffolk.Owl said:

Right back please, Palmer good squad player but lacks that 'extra' thats needed.

I think we’re well covered at full back Of course we can upgrade every position, but I think we have enough in defence, and if it’s only three signings, then I’d rather concentrate on problems further forward

3 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

2 strikers are a must. Forestieri, Winnall, Fletcher, Nuhiu all out of contract. Rhodes probably on his way. We need to start planning ahead a target man and a striker with pace should be top of the list. 

Fletcher will get offered another deal on less pay. Probably accept it too. Nuhiu will get another deal, he does bring something different and is a useful option sometimes. He's not on a fortune and most managers have found a use for him. I like him but accept we need better, unless we are flush, he will still be here next year.

FF, I think there will be a parting of the ways, he's on big money and hasn't done much for a long while. Fans will be split obviously.

Rhodes will heave a sigh of relief and be off like a shot. A lot of fans will wave him off with 2 finger salutes. We will get a pittance for him. His contract isn't up next summer. Might even go in the new year.

Winnall, I feel sorry for him. I don't think he's a nice bloke but in football terms he should never have joined us. His injury seems to have finished him here. Will go down to L1 and do well if he really has recovered from his injury. Not skillful but really wants to score goals.

14 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

2 strikers are a must. Forestieri, Winnall, Fletcher, Nuhiu all out of contract. Rhodes probably on his way. We need to start planning ahead a target man and a striker with pace should be top of the list. 

Rhodes is also out of contract in the summer isn't he?

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Is Cosgrove quick? Jackson is an interesting choice, I saw a bit of him when he was playing for Oxford City. Probably considered league one his level, but he seems to be a bit of a late developer, as Harris seems to be. He would probably add goals from the wide areas

Cosgrove isn't the pacey type you fancy, but someone to rotate with Fletcher and learn from. If Fletcher gets injured we're screwed. Jackson is starting to show at Ipswich. Pace to burn, runs the channels and behind. He's one of those forwards like Adams and Wilson that could easily multiply in value off the back of one good season because of the attributes he has.