Right ive had over 24hrs to digest Saturday

My conclusion is this...

Monk has been lucky with his start because so far his defensive set up has been pretty awful to watch...most of the games we have won we hung on for dear life.

We desperately need new quality players and a bloody decent striker.

We need some new ideas ( Monks dept) new coaches? 

The way we concede late on and give free kicks away in dangerous areas is shocking.

We will prob beat Swansea 3 nil and ill be posting about going up on saturday.

***** hate this game !

Edited by TaxiMark
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

My conclusion is this...

Monk has been lucky with his start because so far his defensive set up has been pretty awful to watch...most of the games we have won we hung on for dear life.

The way we concede late on and give free kicks away in dangerous areas is shocking.

***** hate this game !

I've seen this posted a couple of times since yesterday, and I've no idea where this is coming from?

What games have we hung on for dear life in?

Huddersfield was a comfortable away display. Boro was utterly dominant. Wigan was a poor game, but they create a sum total of .77 xG. Stoke, had one chance in 90 minutes...again, we certainly weren't hanging on for dear life. 

Why can't fans just accept, we're a very average side, full of players who are inconsistent and weak mentally. But, fortunately, the rest of the league has a similar make-up. Monk isn't a miracle worker. He's making us competitive and hard to beat. They'll be bumps in the road. Let's aim to be in touching distance in January, and hope Monk can bring in a couple of new faces that might just make a difference. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Agree that we have been fortunate to accrue the number of points we have, so far this season.  Most games have been very close and we've come away with a point or 3 due to wonder saves from Dawson or Westwood, or opposition missing very good chances, or hitting the woodwork. 

You could argue that we have missed chances too,  but even so, we don't have any prolific scorers, so it's probably to be expected.

Since there's no chance of adding to the squad until January, I think the only way to improve the goal ratio is by Monk concentrating on coaching improved creativity or, if Beattie comes in, improved finishing from those attack minded players we have.

5 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

My conclusion is this...

***** hate this game !

24 hours to digest and finally you get it all out 

C1064623-6469-4634-924A-949936CBD20D.gif

Accepting a lot of what’s been said on here BUT why set up so defensively against a side obviously on its belly and struggling for confidence. Allowing them possession and attacking options only helps their confidence. Get at them from the start and let them be ten minutes in thinking “ we are going to get pounded”.

just don’t get Monk’s thinking. Oh and it’s fookinshit to watch. I was getting bored on Saturday and just not looking forward to games any more v

9 hours ago, Mus said:

You can only win by scoring and that is an area we need to improve on.  Fletcher on his own is being shown not to work, so why carry on with it?

let's be honest,apart from Fletcher we have no decent strikers,if definetly needs changing in January,we need a striker who can hit the net !!!!

The tactics were wrong and we got punished. I do think that had Bannan or Luongo been fit, we may have approached the game differently.

Saturday is a big game and we have to go at Swansea, Monk won't be naïve to approach the game with same tactic.

Fletcher and Forestieri up front to start.

I don't think Wednesday are in a false position on performances. 
We are 7th which is not terrible at all in my opinion.

Game before v Leeds 99% of comments were positive on here.
They could be more entertainment but Monk is more of a Stuart Gray manager than Carlos Cravahaul which is both good and bad.

Modern football and the ticket prices I think are responsible for people being over critical after a defeat especially in circumstances like Saturday.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Accepting a lot of what’s been said on here BUT why set up so defensively against a side obviously on its belly and struggling for confidence. Allowing them possession and attacking options only helps their confidence. Get at them from the start and let them be ten minutes in thinking “ we are going to get pounded”.

just don’t get Monk’s thinking. Oh and it’s fookinshit to watch. I was getting bored on Saturday and just not looking forward to games any more v

This in a fu***in nutshell, all he spoke about all week was how tough it was going to be against a Tony Mowbray side.

Don't get me wrong I am cautiously optimistic about Monk,s tenure but the approach Saturday and his continual picking of Reach and Palmer despite their abject form is a worry.

I seem to remember a quote from Monk along the lines of, we won't worry about other teams, we will just focus on what we are good on.

Why are we doing the complete opposite then? Playing away at Blackburn who hadn't won in 6 games with two defensive mids and one striker. Shambolic on Saturday, up there with the worst performance I've seen this season.

Guest Kameron

We’re a mid table championship team with a mid table manager backed up with a league 1 assistant & coaching staff.  We need a massive clear out which can’t come soon enough, you can include Chansiri in that too if there’s anyone out there daft enough to buy us.

22 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

My conclusion is this...

***** hate this game !

Was that 24 hours of constant drinking?