We won't go up

We are to predictable, 3 games we've had chance to cement ourselves in playoffs but bottled them all. Teams know what we are going to do reach on right cutting in same with Harris on left all are play through bannan, Mark those 3 out we have no plan b, fletch isn't going to do it all on his own for the entire season we need to shake it up a bit maybe 442 at home get fessi behind fletch? Drop reach give Murphy another go get pelupessy out all together 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

We are to predictable, 3 games we've had chance to cement ourselves in playoffs but bottled them all. Teams know what we are going to do reach on right cutting in same with Harris on left all are play through bannan, Mark those 3 out we have no plan b, fletch isn't going to do it all on his own for the entire season we need to shake it up a bit maybe 442 at home get fessi behind fletch? Drop reach give Murphy another go get pelupessy out all together 

Time to shake things up and see which players react. The clocks have gone back, and our players have reverted back to type.... bang average.

Its now time too see which players want it. I would hope Monk sees we need to mix it up and try something different. Maybe FF or Murpy's pace through the middle along side Fletcher.

Mix it up Monk

This league is wide open, we've as much chance as most clubs. 

They'll be lots of disappointments along way like yesterday, other clubs are same, I bet Fulham, Brentford and Bristol City fans are feeling as browned off as us, especially Bristol. 

Once we had taken lead yesterday it should have been done and dusted. Giving away silly free kicks is costing us, this isn't players ability it's making wrong decisions.

We can keep in touch with pack as long as we don't pick up any long term injuries, squad needs some additions in one or two areas come January but we don't need a massive overhaul of squad. 

Teams that get promoted don’t lose a game when they’re winning after 85mins, that’s 8 points we’ve lost so far this season from winning positions. We don’t know how to manage a game which I’d think would be one of the things a defensively set up team like us should be good at.

Lets see what the transfer window brings. We could easily fix the problems in the team with:

A new right back as we have zero creativity from there.

A pacy winger to compliment Harris

Another striker

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

And a happy new year to you too.

3 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

Agreed. But I don't think we'll go up for a long time until we have sports psychologists have a proper look at the club. 

Can they teach them to take corners, pass in a straight line or tackle? If so, I’m all for that. If not, it’s all a bit Clinton Baptiste for my liking. 

• Haha 2

Bruce said it would take 3 or 4 windows to build a promotion capable squad and I think he was spot on . We’ve made a reasonable start to rebuilding, Börner , Luongo, Harris and iorfa are good additions and i believe Moses will eventually prove his worth. The next step will be vital but probably more difficult I may be wrong but all our forwards are out of contract this summer and given performance, wages , age and injury records that one at least applies to each of them I wouldn’t be surprised if none were offered a new deal or in Forestieri or fletchers case turned down any offer made. We should ideally start replacing them in January but this will prove difficult but until we do we should probably expect more of what we’ve seen this season, we may get lucky and make the play offs as it’s a poor league but I for one would be surprised but frustrated because if we can stay in touch 2 or 3 of the right players in January could see us go up 

We are a mediocre team in a mediocre league. Sorry for stating the obvious, however that’s how it is at present.

The one positive is that nobody appears to be able to kick on at this stage and take a stranglehold of the league.

A decent transfer window could keep us in the mix, not sure what though, if anything is in the kitty? 

I wish we we would just go for it a bit more when we take the lead, we don’t really look comfortable defending a lead. I would rather go for it and take a chance rather than try and hold out, yes we may get caught out but it’s not in my opinion as frustrating.

We probably won't go up automatic but play offs is definitely obtainable. That means we have a 1 in 4 chance of promotion. It's where we are,things aren't desperately good but they aren't fantastic. Work in progress sums us up.

6 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Time to shake things up and see which players react. The clocks have gone back, and our players have reverted back to type.... bang average.

Its now time too see which players want it. I would hope Monk sees we need to mix it up and try something different. Maybe FF or Murpy's pace through the middle along side Fletcher.

Mix it up Monk

Murphy upfront might work. We've all been crying out for a fast striker to be signed in January so it's got to be worth giving him a go. He's not played much and hasn't been sparkling when he has but he seems to have an eye for goal. Could be the making of him. 

Some people need to have a look at themselves on here

Were solid - we’ve had a good run, got a good manager who’s overachieving in my eyes - and that’s a good thing, we’ve got 2/3 top players, the rest are putting shifts in and we’re getting results 

Monk and this club are probably well aware of this - they’re trying to get us over the line until January where we can strengthen more and then maybe take the brakes off

Even if we’re just outside playoffs at Xmas Eve - it’s not a disaster