Couple of tough ones

I know we were poor at the weekend.  But I'm disappointed to see a few posters getting their excuses in early ahead of a couple of '6-pointers'.

On paper we have a better squad than Swansea and our first XI (even without Bannan) can be at least as good as WBA's if the right players are deployed into the right system.

Swansea's form is patchy (2 wins, 1 draw, 2 losses in the last 5 fixtures) and they've struggled to score goals recently (5 goals in the last 5 games).

West Brom's defence is conceding over a goal per game on average.  And they've drawn the joint-2nd highest amount of games.  Keep Matt Phillips quiet and they're nothing special.

This league is bang average, so I really don't know what there is to worry about here.

I'd settle for 4 points from these two fixtures.  But if we set up with the right formation, tactics and mentality, there is no reason why we can't get all 6 points.

On 05/11/2019 at 14:06, WelshOwl74 said:

Swansea started off well but now very inconsistent 

Reminds me of another team 

On 05/11/2019 at 19:28, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I heard Jeff Stelling day on Saturday that Swansea are the only team in England that’s not lost away yet.

As soon as I heard that, I knew that we will beat them on Saturday.

Swansea are superb away. Starting with their most recent game:-

Wigan W 2-1

Barnsley D 1-1

Charlton W 2-1

Bristol City D 0-0

Leeds W 1-0

QPR W 3-1

Derby D 0-0

15 points from 7 aways. Outstanding.

On 05/11/2019 at 15:58, ka58 said:

no we’re not.

the only results we’ve had this season were against the strugglers. 

Well that's an improvement on the last few years where we would lose to the bottom clubs.