“We should be beating teams like Sheffield Wednesday”

Those words should have been motivation for any team with a spine of which we have proved we don’t have.

You were right Tony, you see us for what we are thank you for pointing it out.

Go out and replace these players Mr Monk it is the only way forward!

• Like 4

As much as I have a soft spot for some players, sometimes you have to be realistic if you want to move forwards then you have to to throw sentimentality out of the window. 

We've a couple of do or die players that would fit itnto a top two side on attitude and mentality. The rest aren't say up to it, too happy to coast along and see what happens rather than take a game by the scruff and say right we're winning this come what may. 

27 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

With the exception of Westwood who for me is the best keeper in the league the rest of the squad needs a shake up and a lot of players need moving on.

Disagree 

Westwood just as guilty

Makes far too many mistakes and is a crock 

Still decent but best in league? A myth 

Guest The Horse
5 hours ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

But they should...cos we’re bang average, yet we should be beating teams like Blackburn, cos they’re bang average, this league is horrendous, everyone is poo

Which makes it even more frustrating that we play defensive.

We still have more attacking talent than most. Harris, Forestieri, Bannan, Winnall, Fletcher, Luongo. 

Just let the shackles off and let em have a go. We look far more comfortable on the offensive than trying to contain teams anyways. Sod the 'we'll leave it until the 65th minute' tactic. This league is there to be had this season.

It's gashh.

Stop treating it like it's 3-D chess.

5 hours ago, RoyCroppersHair said:

But they should...cos we’re bang average, yet we should be beating teams like Blackburn, cos they’re bang average, this league is horrendous, everyone is poo

It's anything but poo ....probably 14 teans battling for 6 spots makes it a rollercoaster which as got to be better than 6 -8 clubs dominating the placeings

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Disagree 

Westwood just as guilty

Makes far too many mistakes and is a crock 

Still decent but best in league? A myth 

I think you correct, he was, maybe 3 years ago. However father time catches up with you. 

Hes been a brilliant servent and will continue for another couple of years. 

Id say hes not the major problem yet tho. 

In all my years of supporting Wednesday, I have continually heard the phrase at least he try’s, when discussing our players. Number one, that is the minimum requirement I would expect from any player. Number two, I could drag any eleven lads out of the Park Hotel who would try their hearts out, probably wouldn’t win many games though. 

The only way to achieve is build a team that is talented enough and then committed to the cause. 

18 minutes ago, 442 said:

Old guard need shipping out.

Not refreshed our squad in years.

Although I agree to an extent that new faces are required, when you look at the side that started yesterday only 3 players started the playoff final against Hull.

• Thanks 1

Guest Grez Bez

The squad needs changing and has for years.

Only Borner, Iorfa, Luongo and Bannan should stay for me come the end of the season.

We need to break up the 'nearly' team of a few years ago

Edited by Grez Bez

We are 7th in thr league which I think on performances this season is about right.

Couple of smart moves in January transfer window and think we will get a play off place.

But if we dont go up this season (which odds are against) then needs a few older core players from last few seasons moving on. Might need to be patient for a couple of years before another realistic promotion challenge.

13 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

We are 7th in thr league which I think on performances this season is about right.

Couple of smart moves in January transfer window and think we will get a play off place.

But if we dont go up this season (which odds are against) then needs a few older core players from last few seasons moving on. Might need to be patient for a couple of years before another realistic promotion challenge.

I expect many of the old guard players whose contracts are up in June fully expect that this is their last season whether we are in the PL or more likely, in the Championship next season.

I therefore, would expect them to give everything until May to a) make themselves attractive to a new club, particularly if we end up in the play offs, and b) get what is presumably a decent promotion bonus.

The last 7 mins of the game yesterday is all to predictable for these players over the last 4/5 years. We need them to take responsibility on the pitch and press the opposition until the final whistle - seems to me we gradually retreat to the edge of our box allowing fairly average teams to dominate possession where we at our most vulnerable and, which is risky - Cardiff and now Blackburn are clear examples of this.

3 hours ago, The Horse said:

Which makes it even more frustrating that we play defensive.

We still have more attacking talent than most. Harris, Forestieri, Bannan, Winnall, Fletcher, Luongo. 

Just let the shackles off and let em have a go. We look far more comfortable on the offensive than trying to contain teams anyways. Sod the 'we'll leave it until the 65th minute' tactic. This league is there to be had this season.

It's gashh.

Stop treating it like it's 3-D chess.

Great post. Sums it up perfectly. 

35 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I don’t even think he’s decent. He has cost us so many goals this season . He’s past it . 

Had Dawson conceded that goal yesterday there would be a thread about him and people would be slagging off his positioning and saying how he doesn’t command his area. People were even slating him for his save against Stoke saying he should have come and caught the initial cross.

10 hours ago, OzOwl said:

Those words should have been motivation for any team with a spine of which we have proved we don’t have.

You were right Tony, you see us for what we are thank you for pointing it out.

Go out and replace these players Mr Monk it is the only way forward!

who said that? Mowbray ?

if so pretty disrepectful in my opinion

wander who else is ....like us?

13 minutes ago, Worksop Wednesday said:

who said that? Mowbray ?

if so pretty disrepectful in my opinion

wander who else is ....like us?

Yes he did say that and mate it was very disrespectful for a team in our position, that is why we should have collectively as a team rammed those words down his throat and we buckled like little girls on their first halloween.

This squad is spineless, we need to get shut of the bulk of it.