Joey Potterpessy

Guest Bulgaria
46 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

My point exactly.

We had a bloke in our team who ran the Beach Cafe... he took our corners and he put it 8 feet high on the penalty spot every time, maybe missed two a season when there was a force 8 blowing..... it was great for me as I was a centre half and used to bag half a dozen goals a season !!

Do you still have his number?

13 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to let him take our corners today. Didn’t beat the first man all day, reminded me of the old crab at his peak. 

If I have to watch him take another corner in my lifetime I’m going to gauge my eyes out.

Rant over.

It looked like he got his studs caught in the ground for that one into the side netting. That aside though, to me it seemed we we targeting the front post with low drives. Possibly for a touch into the goal. Hutch took one and did exactly the same. So my question is. Was that an agreed tactic yesterday?

Unless there is something wrong with the ground around those corners of course.

It's a shame really. He'd played reasonably well the previous few games.

Agreed that our corners were terrible yesterday but wonder if the steep banks up to the pitch played a part? It was worth noting that Blackburn took outswingers so the corner taker was generally running on the flat rather than up the slope. That said I’ve seen better corner taking in junior football, pretty poor from a professional footballer

7 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

We hardly ever score from corners anyway so it doesnt matter who takes them.

Apart from boro away and barnsley at home we have been as threatening as a wet fart. 

Its plain for all to see that Fletcher needs help. Well, nearly all.

There was a stat on the Preston game today that said the top scorers in the Championship from corners so far this season have scored 5. Think we have scored 4 so it does matter who takes them, especially if they are as consistently poor as they were yesterday.  

17 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to let him take our corners today. Didn’t beat the first man all day, reminded me of the old crab at his peak. 

If I have to watch him take another corner in my lifetime I’m going to gauge my eyes out.

Rant over.

shows how much we miss Bannan!

Clearly, Bannan takes our corners as his considerable height won’t be missed in the penalty area, following the same ploy therefore the job should go to the smallest player on the pitch at the time. Would this usually be Potterpessy or Harris? When Forestieri is on the pitch it ought to be him as a) he’s a short arse and b) he can be fairly accurate from a dead ball. 

He's OK in a scruffy game, or to make a game scruffy when you are winning..He doesn't cut it in a game like yesterday, when lets be honest we should have simply gone for a win.

I think "Monks plan"

I paraphrase

"To keep it tight and go for it in the last 20".....Sounds like a plan that nearly worked, but in all actuality..He was just saying what "nearly" happened armed with a shedload of hindsight.

Pelupessy is neither direct enough, nor sadly talented enough to make a mark in a game, bar...sorta make it messy.

If you have the likes of Fletcher, Nuhiu, Iorfa...any combination in the 11...You need someone who can take a corner...

Edited by asteener1867

9 hours ago, Bleeder said:

Joey is much happier when we haven't got the ball. He'll run and chase all game but most of the time he really doesn't know what to do with the ball when it's at his feet. Particularly when the game opens out, for whatever reason, he doesn't put himself in a good position to receive the thing. If we are so short of midfielders that he has to play, sit him on the opposition's playmaker - make it 10 v 10.

Spot on!

• Thanks 1