Joey Potterpessy

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Because he could have taken them fine in training, which they would have done. 

Glad you agree with my other points.

Pelupessy is crap mate ... Not only at taking corner kicks but as a 'championship' footballer ... I know it, you know it and most of the honest posters on here know it.

If Monk thought he was the best choice to take the corners why did he tell Hutch to take them after half time and then hooked him on 60 mins?? Monk fkd up ...simple as

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

In the past I think his delivery from set plays has been quite good, so I wasn’t surprised to see him take them.

Correct, chipped in with the odd assist previously when on them too.

I'd have had Fox on them from the left, he's one of our best crosses of the ball and he would have delivered from the touchline rather than behind the goalie and having to come up that little hill. That didn't help

Aside from the corners, JP was no worse than the other 2 midfielders in open play though. 

Just now, Ash76 said:

Correct, chipped in with the odd assist previously when on them too.

I'd have had Fox on them from the left, he's one of our best crosses of the ball and he would have delivered from the touchline rather than behind the goalie and having to come up that little hill. That didn't help

Aside from the corners, JP was no worse than the other 2 midfielders in open play though. 

Fox is handy in the box.

Personally I would have had Lee on them, I’ve seen him deliver numerous good corners in the past

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I really dislike slagging off any of our players and if anyone is sad enough to look, they will see I never have. Some of our players have poor games, some have average games, and some can be good/excellent. Joey however, is just nowhere near good enough for us. He’s league 2 at best. Please, let today’s corners be a reason for Monk never to pick him again.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
7 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to let him take our corners today. Didn’t beat the first man all day, reminded me of the old crab at his peak. 

If I have to watch him take another corner in my lifetime I’m going to gauge my eyes out.

Rant over.

He’s awful. Why was Reach not brought into the middle? Pelupussy has never been an attack minded midfielder so what was the point in playing him? Should never play alongside Hutchinson again. Awful mistake by Monk

7 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

A professional footballer playing in the Championship who can not take corners, pathetic.  That he was considered the best choice to take them suggests a real lack of judgement coupled with a sense of incredulity that presumably other players were not even that good. 

And then the corners went to sir Hutchinson , and they were just as bad . Two professional footballers who can’t take corners I think you mean. 

When I played village green standard football we used to moan like hell when the local plasterer/fisherman/ painter and decorator etc messed up a corner.... Penelope is a professional footballer and should be able to put it on a sixpence every time, every flippin time. 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria

We hardly ever score from corners anyway so it doesnt matter who takes them.

Apart from boro away and barnsley at home we have been as threatening as a wet fart. 

Its plain for all to see that Fletcher needs help. Well, nearly all.

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

When I played village green standard football we used to moan like hell when the local plasterer/fisherman/ painter and decorator etc messed up a corner.... Penelope is a professional footballer and should be able to put it on a sixpence every time, every flippin time. 

Yep, beggars belief doesn’t it.  Simple - get it in the box, somewhere between 6 yard line and penalty spot, 7 or 8 foot above the ground, have a man back edge of the penalty box to pick up any unintended deflections - and let the big lads fight for it. And I played at pub level !

Beckham used to stay on after training practising free kicks by shooting through hoops hung on goal posts. Now he was an exceptional talent but any player on the pitch should be able to kick a dead ball 25 yards and hit a target the size of a garage door, surely.

Joey is much happier when we haven't got the ball. He'll run and chase all game but most of the time he really doesn't know what to do with the ball when it's at his feet. Particularly when the game opens out, for whatever reason, he doesn't put himself in a good position to receive the thing. If we are so short of midfielders that he has to play, sit him on the opposition's playmaker - make it 10 v 10.

11 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Yep, beggars belief doesn’t it.  Simple - get it in the box, somewhere between 6 yard line and penalty spot, 7 or 8 foot above the ground, have a man back edge of the penalty box to pick up any unintended deflections - and let the big lads fight for it. And I played at pub level !

Beckham used to stay on after training practising free kicks by shooting through hoops hung on goal posts. Now he was an exceptional talent but any player on the pitch should be able to kick a dead ball 25 yards and hit a target the size of a garage door, surely.

My point exactly.

We had a bloke in our team who ran the Beach Cafe... he took our corners and he put it 8 feet high on the penalty spot every time, maybe missed two a season when there was a force 8 blowing..... it was great for me as I was a centre half and used to bag half a dozen goals a season !!