Lee and Hutch

18 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Big shoutouts to these two 

Lee came in and was quality today and Hutchinson absolutely bossed it today 

We desperately need Luongo Bannan Lee and Hutch in our team in the mix, all qualify 

Agree - Reach not cutting it.

Go with the players that can make a difference and Monk needs to take the brakes off and let them go at teams

Can't agree with the OP. 

Hutchinson was back to playing as a third centre half, which in turn forced Lee to drop deeper into midfield to try and link play.

In the 1st half, Lee had little impact on the game, although he did improve in the 2nd half when he actually began to play to his strengths and exploit the half space (especially on the left hand side). 

IMG_0825.jpg.39c7a3a5d103dd08b1b8ca8a3e03b9a5.jpg

Average player positions from today's game. Hutchinson way too deep, considering our full backs remained very conservative in their advancement forward, and look how deep our No. 10 (No. 5 in reality) had to play because of Hutchinson's half back role. Something's not right, if Pelupessy is your most advanced midfielder!

Pelupessy struggled, but our inability to control the game for any period of time today, wasn't helped by Hutchinson and Lee's fairly average displays. 

Boss it, they certainly did not. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Can't agree with the OP. 

Hutchinson was back to playing as a third centre half, which in turn forced Lee to drop deeper into midfield to try and link play.

In the 1st half, Lee had little impact on the game, although he did improve in the 2nd half when he actually began to play to his strengths and exploit the half space (especially on the left hand side). 

IMG_0825.jpg.39c7a3a5d103dd08b1b8ca8a3e03b9a5.jpg

Average player positions from today's game. Hutchinson way too deep, considering our full backs remained very conservative in their advancement forward, and look how deep our No. 10 (No. 5 in reality) had to play because of Hutchinson's half back role. Something's not right, if Pelupessy is your most advanced midfielder!

Pelupessy struggled, but our inability to control the game for any period of time today, wasn't helped by Hutchinson and Lee's fairly average displays. 

Boss it, they certainly did not. 

Hutch has been quality this year

Lee has been a bit part player, his ball retention in tight spaces today was immense - he’s so good still 

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hutch has been quality this year

Lee has been a bit part player, his ball retention in tight spaces today was immense - he’s so good still 

Hutch tried to be  Bannan he failed. 

Great enthusiasm.

Great effort. 

Not  a midfield playmaker. 

Didn't like the formation today, Carlos did similar in his final season.

When is possession hutch drops into the middle creating a back 3 with Palmer and fox pushing very high. 

The same thing happened that happened with Carlos in that we didn't have any sort of easy out ball. No one was in space down ether side and the middle was just too congested to do anything.

For some reason we've drifted away from what was working, Harris and Reach/Murphy staying wide and getting crosses into the box. Instead we've got into a habit of just hitting Fletcher or just letting the opposition have the ball and hoping we steal possession and counter.

Hutch has been quality. He is better when further forward but if he plays deep as he does today we need forward thinking full backs. Ours are not. This won’t work. 

Lee was MOM today. But he wasn’t helped by fullbacks Pelupessy reach again anonymous and Fletcher. Plus hutch being too deep. 

Hutchinson will always drop too deep because he’s really still a centre half.  I know he’s a bit of a cult figure, everyone loves his enthusiasm, but I’m not convinced he’s not good enough as a defensive midfielder for a team with ambitions of promotion.  That’s not to say he doesn’t have a part to play, but in my opinion he shouldn’t be an automatic pick.

16 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Hutchinson will always drop too deep because he’s really still a centre half.  I know he’s a bit of a cult figure, everyone loves his enthusiasm, but I’m not convinced he’s not good enough as a defensive midfielder for a team with ambitions of promotion.  That’s not to say he doesn’t have a part to play, but in my opinion he shouldn’t be an automatic pick.

Better in defence. 

33 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

As a defensive midfielder, he does his defensive bit great, but often feels as a defender playing bit higher up the pitch. We need someone who is creative, quick and precise in ball distribution in this posotion, and neither Hutch or Joey does it well enough.

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

the 1st half, Lee had little impact on the game, although he did improve in the 2nd half when he actually began to play to his strengths and exploit the half space (especially on the left hand side). 

agree with this but to be fair he was told to stay back , 2nd half was like his own game

We were needlessly conservative in our approach today.

We weren't playing a side that warranted as much respect as we gave them.

In fact, we gave far less respect to Leeds last week.

Sides that get out of this division don't respect Blackburn; they just unapologetically smash them to bits.

Sure, any side in this division can beat any other; there are no outstanding sides, and there are no hopeless sides either; all sides are capable of punishing their opponents given the opportunity.

But the sides that ultimately prevail will be those that once they sense blood they don't let up until the job's done. I can't imagine any of our fans watching the game today felt the game wasn't there for the taking. It seemed obvious to me even within the first few minutes; this was a side that had taken 2 points from 18, and it showed.

I'd ultimately like to ask Monk why we feel brave enough to play a 4-4-2 against Leeds, and even away against Boro, and yet Blackburn away, we're crouching before them with a 4-5-1.

I respect Monk and the job he's done in the main so far. Our work rate is good, and I do like to see us compete the lose balls better which is what he's got us doing, but I can't accept our approach to this game.

• Like 1