Predictable Wednesday

Guest Jack the Hat

Guest Jack the Hat

To me our biggest problem is predictability. We are over reliable on Harris feeding fletcher but fletch is not a prolific striker and , for me often plays too deep. Our most unpredictable players are Nuhui and forestieri. It seems we are happy to waste away the first half and try to win 1-0 in the second. We’ve got away with it a bit but won’t get promoted with those tactics. Blackburn were rubbish first half and  we should have walked off 3-0 at half time but as usual trudged 0-0 without creating a real chance. A wilder team would have been 3-0 up. We need to mix it up. I’d play Nuhui and FF up front with fletch on the bench. I would drop reach and pelupessy - they are both passengers. Reach has talent but is a luxury we can’t afford.

25 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Yep

Im sick of Wednesday setting off at walking pace against mediocre sides allowing the opposition to grow into the game.

just smash them from the start FFS then hold on when we’re 3-0 up

Hate that Wilder .

Fixed mate lol

27 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Yep

Im sick of Wednesday setting off at walking pace against mediocre sides allowing the opposition to grow into the game.

just smash them from the start FFS then hold on when we’re 3-0 up

Hate that Wilder knows this but we don’t 

We’ve been like this since the Carlos days through jos and bully and now Monk. We never take the game by the scruff of the neck and go at teams from the first minute. When we get a goal you can guarantee we go back into our shell and try to defend to win 1-0 instead we should go all out for a second and third goal. I believe this is in the players DNA who are at our club who have been here since the Carlos days. 

2 hours ago, Jack the Hat said:

To me our biggest problem is predictability. We are over reliable on Harris feeding fletcher but fletch is not a prolific striker and , for me often plays too deep. Our most unpredictable players are Nuhui and forestieri. It seems we are happy to waste away the first half and try to win 1-0 in the second. We’ve got away with it a bit but won’t get promoted with those tactics. Blackburn were rubbish first half and  we should have walked off 3-0 at half time but as usual trudged 0-0 without creating a real chance. A wilder team would have been 3-0 up. We need to mix it up. I’d play Nuhui and FF up front with fletch on the bench. I would drop reach and pelupessy - they are both passengers. Reach has talent but is a luxury we can’t afford.

Nuhui from the start...never in a million years,FF agree,but to be honest,when Bannan is missing we look awful..so basically stop Bannan you stop us imo,we are not as good as some on here believe,top 6 will be very,very tight

Regardless of people’s personal opinions on Nuhiu’s talent or Forestieri’s attitude. What you can’t deny is that they’re both pesty forwards and give defenders something to MASSIVELY think about. Thus this opens space for the likes of Harris and Fletcher and co’.

Its of imperative importance that at least one of FF and Nuhiu start the game. 

I despair seeing the team sheet with just Fletcher as a lone striker. I know what’s coming and know it isn’t going to work. And that’s not because Fletcher isn’t pulling his weight. He just can’t do the lone striker role.

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, Brando17 said:

Nuhui from the start...never in a million years,FF agree,but to be honest,when Bannan is missing we look awful..so basically stop Bannan you stop us imo,we are not as good as some on here believe,top 6 will be very,very tight

I’m not saying Nuhui is the answer just that we need to break the monotony .

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

Regardless of people’s personal opinions on Nuhiu’s talent or Forestieri’s attitude. What you can’t deny is that they’re both pesty forwards and give defenders something to MASSIVELY think about. Thus this opens space for the likes of Harris and Fletcher and co’.

Its of imperative importance that at least one of FF and Nuhiu start the game. 

I despair seeing the team sheet with just Fletcher as a lone striker. I know what’s coming and know it isn’t going to work. And that’s not because Fletcher isn’t pulling his weight. He just can’t do the lone striker role.

^^^ 100 % what I’m trying to say

Our best performances have come with two up front. Unlike the last few years we have a defence that is usually solid and doesn’t need excessive cover from midfield so we can afford to stick FF or nuhui up front with fletcher id also be tempted to try FF or Moses wide right instead of reach who’s getting progressively worse 

Blackburn fans were dreading Nuhiu starting before the teams were put out. Their comments were along the lines of 'He's a big lump who's slow and has limited skills but he always gives our defenders a torrid time.' 

They must have been ecstatic when they saw that neither he nor Bannan were playing.