Lord Snooty

Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

WESTWOOD

PALMER     IORFA        BORNER      FOX

HUTCHINSON

REACH      PELUPESSY        LEE         HARRIS

FLETCHER

Looks very predictable not much creativity there, need Harris and Reach to be on the ball all afternoon.

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

WESTWOOD

PALMER     IORFA        BORNER      FOX

HUTCHINSON

REACH      PELUPESSY        LEE         HARRIS

FLETCHER

I like the look of that. It's a proper "we mean business" line up. I'd like to see who's on the "to turn up with kit" list, though. It's about time Fernando got a start and therefore the chance to catch some set of b@stards still cold rather than relying on the idea of bringing him on later to raptorise a tired opposition defence.

Just my opinion, natch.:cool:

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

A habit? Luongo will be back next week and we don’t know on Bannan, but I’m guessing short term 

who else is out? Not really a habit is it? 

Hope not but very frustrating given our recent record. :duntmatter:

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Looks very predictable not much creativity there, need Harris and Reach to be on the ball all afternoon.

2 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

I like the look of that. It's a proper "we mean business" line up. I'd like to see who's on the "to turn up with kit" list, though. It's about time Fernando got a start and therefore the chance to catch some set of b@stards still cold rather than relying on the idea of bringing him on later to raptorise a tired opposition defence.

One of the thing since Monk joined is that we've been able to eek out those results in tight games.

If we keep that defensive solidity - and that line up suggests we'll do that- then we have enough in Harris, Fletch and perhaps Nando coming in that we can nick a goal too.

3 minutes ago, VictoryBell said:

Shame no lluongo

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, Turkey Owl said:

Remember going there in the 79/80 season (I think it was). Towards the end of the season and we were both in top 3. Tuesday night game in the rain. Seem to remember we won 2-1 with Spider-Man (Mellor) getting the winner. Great night. 

One of my favourite matches ever. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

One of the thing since Monk joined is that we've been able to eek out those results in tight games.

If we keep that defensive solidity - and that line up suggests we'll do that- then we have enough in Harris, Fletch and perhaps Nando coming in that we can nick a goal too.

Agree but cant see the opposition be scared by our attacking options. I do fear this will derail us at some point.  

Just watched Swansea mug Wigan and go top

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Hope not but very frustrating given our recent record. :duntmatter:

Every club picks up niggles, plus there’s been a lot of games recently 

At least we properly train these days, unlike under Carlos 

Just now, Mycroft said:

Agree but cant see the opposition be scared by our attacking options. I do fear this will derail us at some point.  

Exactly, lulling them into a false sense of security!

• Like 1

Just now, Owl in Nottingham said:

One of my favourite matches ever. 

Same here massive away following, going down to 1-0 then storming back.  Fans doing the congo on the inter city Owl, great night. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

1 minute ago, debram said:

Shame no lluongo

Yeah, I can see your points. I reckon that Monk is very focused on grinding out results from a formula that other teams are trying but that we have better players to carry out the plan. It's a division in which sparkle rarely wins the day compared to grim formulaic play. Why should I be surprised? Twas ever thus, at least in my lifetime.

In the end, so long as its Wednesday > opposition, that'll send me home happier than any alternative:laugh:

• Agree 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Exactly, lulling them into a false sense of security!

Oh God your just like Jimmy, find a bloody positive in everything. 

• Haha 2

No Bannan is a killer but we should be hard to beat. Get on the front foot from the word go - COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

• Agree 1

The line up looks solid which makes sense in the North West on another wet day. If Fletcher can be clinical in his finishing we can win this.

to b e fair if i had to replace Bannan, Kieran Lee isnt a bad option!

Big performance coming from Reach today. 2 goals 

2-0 Wednesday 

Big blow with Bannan out. 

Even though we are clearly fitter than we have been in a long time, that's not going to stop some of our players from picking up injuries. 

Reading that Bannan tweaked his groin in training? Didn't he injure that a few seasons ago too?

Just now, Kagoshimaowl said:

Who is the captain??

Hutchinson. 

• Thanks 1