Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

One of the thing since Monk joined is that we've been able to eek out those results in tight games.

If we keep that defensive solidity - and that line up suggests we'll do that- then we have enough in Harris, Fletch and perhaps Nando coming in that we can nick a goal too.

Agree but cant see the opposition be scared by our attacking options. I do fear this will derail us at some point.  

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

One of the thing since Monk joined is that we've been able to eek out those results in tight games.

If we keep that defensive solidity - and that line up suggests we'll do that- then we have enough in Harris, Fletch and perhaps Nando coming in that we can nick a goal too.

1 minute ago, debram said:

Shame no lluongo

Yeah, I can see your points. I reckon that Monk is very focused on grinding out results from a formula that other teams are trying but that we have better players to carry out the plan. It's a division in which sparkle rarely wins the day compared to grim formulaic play. Why should I be surprised? Twas ever thus, at least in my lifetime.

In the end, so long as its Wednesday > opposition, that'll send me home happier than any alternative:laugh:

Big blow with Bannan out. 

Even though we are clearly fitter than we have been in a long time, that's not going to stop some of our players from picking up injuries. 

Reading that Bannan tweaked his groin in training? Didn't he injure that a few seasons ago too?

Guest Bulgaria
18 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

Just watched Swansea mug Wigan and go top

Did you go to the wrong ground in Lancashire?

Might still be able to make it.

1-800 wigan Dtaxies.