Blackburn - V - Wednesday OMDT

This and Swansea next week really are pivotal games.

In the current five match batch of games between Internationals we’ve got DWD. If we can squeeze two wins we’ll have taken 11 out of 15 points and go into the next break in the top two or three, with huge momentum and confidence, ready to kick off the next batch of games with a top table 6 pointer v West Brom.

Fantastic, I've had my cuppa with the traditional OMDT morning read. Rovers seem like injury-ridden side, but the game will be tough nonetheless, like all tests coming up in the Championship.

Gut feeling is pretty good, and I think it will be a hard fought win, but we need to turn up and dig in. And silence Dack, damn, I hate him :-D

2 minutes ago, glynnb said:

Daughters wedding day today so sneaky earphone in in church. Hope we don't score as the vicar says "does anyone have just cause ...." cause I' ll shout out "YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS !"  come on you blue and white wizards!! 

England win, Wednesday win, great wedding day for your family.

2nd November, brought to you by Carlsberg.

The dodgy uncle and the Ferris Bueller stuff have both made my day already. Exceptional work young man. 

Hate Blackburn. Then again I hate every team we play. Got a particularly bad feeling about today though and I'm not sure why. We may scrape a draw and everyone round us will win. We may lose and everyone round us will win. For some reason though I just don't see us winning. Last night I fancied us, this morning doom and gloom beset my outlook. Don't worry though, this post has no bearing whatsoever on the result. Let's just hope I'm wrong. 

Guest The Horse

This season's championship is wide open, the top half separated by just six points because nobody can put together a winning run.

It's complete disrespect to Blackburn but if we are going to be serious contenders, we need to be one of the teams that finally gets their heads in the game and goes on one of those said runs and we should be beating the likes of them.

Respect gets you nowhere in football. Save it until after the final whistle.

I want us to go up there and play like we don't just think we should be a promotion team but know we are.

*Credit to Morpheus from the Matrix for the last line:biggrin:

55 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Its not vital with how tight it is at the top but I want us to prove we can keep winning and remain in the top 6 for a while longer. 

it’s often been a case of 2 steps forward then one stride back with this group of players. Hopefully they can maintain a genuine top two challenge this time 

Are we the Wedxnesday of the last few years? The team famous for ending other teams bad runs. Not won in  the last 20 games, "No bother we play Wednesday this week they will help us out."

And we would.

Are we the new Wednesday who have the killer instinct, ruthless, defence like Fort Knox and just enough up front to pinch the 3 points?

I'm going for 0-2. Hard fought but comfortable win. I'm not confident, just hopeful.

This game last year was the absolute nadir of Jos's tactical shenanigans. 

I think we've travelled a long long long way since then.

Let's hope for another result like Middlesbrough away to put the memories of last season behind us

And welcome back Kaiser Borner 

UnfortunateNextCondor-size_restricted.gif.28f90a3ab909dacb0ae4a696a740fb67.gif

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo a game we have enough quality to win, Blackburn on a very poor run and we need to take advantage. Dack a very big danger for them but we have some dangerous players of our own. 2v1 Wednesday. A game we should be winning if we are a serious top 6 contender. 

We were wide open in midfield and across the back four in this game last year, no wonder Dack looked a world beater. 

I'd be surprised if he gets the chance to run the game today. I think he'll spend the afternoon chatting with the referee rather than getting the chance to play football.