Wednesday or Rugby?

25 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

It'd be nice to win the rugby but I'd rather Wednesday won. Having said that my lad has a match Saturday morning against Rotherham boys, I'd rather he won than we won the rugby. So yeah, Wednesday win, Sheffield boys win over a rugby win. 

Im the same, sons team first though , wednesday win....... Long way behind rugby. 

Just been on the ndyfl Facebook group. Actual managers trying to postpone grassroots games, because of the rugby. 

Chuffing mental. 

Edited by Maddogbob

3 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Owen Farrell and George Ford don’t sound that posh to me, but even if the game is a bit middle/upper class why not enjoy if for what it is? Cricket’s arguably even more elitist as nearly all the England players went to public school, but it certainly wouldn’t put me off watching.

Drivel . ...which of England's cricket world cup team went to public school......off the top of my head I doubt any of them even went to university   ..

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Why is a total indifference to a posh boy game thats total shybo hard to understand ?

I went and watched Camborne v Redruth recently and there weren’t many “ posh boys” playing in that match....unless “ rip his fu•kin’ knackers off Kev” is toff code for “ I’ll see you in the cocktail lounge for a glass of bolly after the game “

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Im the same, sons team first though , wednesday win....... Long way behind rugby. 

Just been on the ndyfl Facebook group. Actual managers trying to postpone grassroots games, because of the rugby. 

Chuffing mental. 

It’s a World Cup Final that May well be the reason 

Things I like about rugby;

Proper refs that don't get abuse from players, take no prisoners and can control a game

Proper men not diving around like they've been shot even when some of the hits they take warrant it. 

Opposing fans who can sit together and have a beer without wanting to kill each other. 

Respect it teaches kids who play the game from a young age. 

Quite honestly, I think England winning a World Cup in one of the country's popular sports would bring a bit of positivity to the country as a whole, while all our politicians are forkin about. 

I'd take a world cup win and one of the games we're bound not to win at some stage of the season coming tomorrow. 

Doesn't mean I don't love Wednesday. As a big fan of both sports, I just think losing one game out of 46 in the season isn't the be all and end all. Losing the rugby World Cup final is at least another 4 year wait, most likely longer.

Accept not everyone will feel the same, evidently. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 442 said:

What is it with football fans. 

You know you’re allowed to take an interest in other sports yeah?

It wouldn’t be a football forum without the usual ignorant “egg chasing” jibes to describe rugby. I suppose people don’t appreciate other sports if they don’t live an area that embraces them. I live in a Passionate rugby league town, but the majority of people who go to Cas games are also big football fans.

• Like 1