Wednesday or Rugby?

This is a toughie

4 years of rubbing Englands world cup win to the locals who think their nation only need to turn up to win games?? Plus constant references to their defeat being refereed by Nigel he does nothing wrong Owens (yet Wayne Barnes still gets article after article on that forward pass 12 years ago)?

Or 3 points

Given the attitude of the media and the die hard 'everyone must be in silence for the haka' fan club over here, England domination in Rugby, sod that, Northern Hemisphere dominating rugby for years to come will make life very enjoyable over here :)

England lifting the Webb Ellis trophy, whilst Sam Whitelock and co are on NZ90 back from Tokyo would be fantastic for the English immigrants. It's a priority for this Wednesday fan down under

Edited by katie melua
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, katie melua said:

This is a toughie

4 years of rubbing Englands world cup win to the locals who think their nation only need to turn up to win games?? Plus constant references to their defeat being refereed by Nigel he does nothing wrong Owens (yet Wayne Barnes still gets article after article on that forward pass 12 years ago)?

Or 3 points

Given the attitude of the media and the die hard 'everyone must be in silence for the haka' fan club over here, England domination in Rugby, sod that, Northern Hemisphere dominating rugby for years to come will make life very enjoyable over here :)

England lifting the Webb Ellis trophy, whilst Sam Whitelock and co are on NZ90 back from Tokyo would be fantastic for the English immigrants. It's a priority for this Wednesday fan down under

I'm in NZ too mate and I couldn't care less about it, shame really, so many missed opportunities to gloat!

Despite me not being a natural ball grabber, I would take an England win because it is much rarer. I’ve seen England win 3 world cups (one in each national sport) in my lifetime and have witnessed at least 100x that number of Wednesday wins. 

We we are going up anyway this year and the rugby would be revenge for the disallowed try and body check that stopped us in 2007 against the Boks - not that I’m bitter. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Owen Farrell and George Ford don’t sound that posh to me, but even if the game is a bit middle/upper class why not enjoy if for what it is? Cricket’s arguably even more elitist as nearly all the England players went to public school, but it certainly wouldn’t put me off watching.

Well done a true egalitarian 

Ok ill drop back onto my 2nd reason 

Its stultifyingly boring and impossible to enjoy 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Well done a true egalitarian 

Ok ill drop back onto my 2nd reason 

Its stultifyingly boring and impossible to enjoy 

We get it, you dislike rugby. It's not your fault that you don't have the mental capacity to understand the sport, don't get down on yourself.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

We get it, you dislike rugby. It's not your fault that you don't have the mental capacity to understand the sport, don't get down on yourself.

I fully understand the sport but then its not my fault you're a patronising ******* but don't get down on yourself

Edited by Lawrie Madden
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

I fully understand the sport but then its not my fault you're a patronising ******* 

lol

You've no fecking clue about the sport. That's patently obvious.

You have an opinion, and you've repeatedly told us what it is, but that doesn't make you correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

During the 2015  World Cup I watched an England game in a pub in London after we’d beaten Brentford. I was talking to a posh bloke in the pub, he said he’d played when he was younger and that he didn’t think that anyone understands rugby! WTF:

If I have to choose I’d prefer Wednesday to win, but as the two are independent variables good luck to the rugby team too.

2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Have to say I absolutely loved England stuffing the All Blacks last weekend. Thought it was a cracking performance.  Also thought the Weds v Leeds game was great viewing as well.

Can’t really understand why you wouldn’t want England to do the business against South Africa on Saturday (assuming you’re English of course).

Have to admit when it comes to world cups in any of the major sports I can’t resist getting all patriotic. I thought the cricket final versus New Zealand was absolutely amazing.

To give you an honest answer as much as I love Wednesday I’d probably take the England win as it’s a World Cup at stake.

I'd like England to win, purely to pee off all those spiteful Celts who'd love England to lose. We are more successful at egg chasing than they are and they hate it. It's hilarious.

Oh...and Wednesday to win at the most successful game ever invented (the modern rules of which were formed by toffs at Eaton btw!)

2 hours ago, East Yorks Owl said:

Have to say I absolutely loved England stuffing the All Blacks last weekend. Thought it was a cracking performance.  Also thought the Weds v Leeds game was great viewing as well.

Can’t really understand why you wouldn’t want England to do the business against South Africa on Saturday (assuming you’re English of course).

Have to admit when it comes to world cups in any of the major sports I can’t resist getting all patriotic. I thought the cricket final versus New Zealand was absolutely amazing.

To give you an honest answer as much as I love Wednesday I’d probably take the England win as it’s a World Cup at stake.

Lucky you. As a Kiwi and 50 yr Wednesday fan, after the blxxdy cricket, watching England stuff the ABs last Saturday I started shouting at the TV "it's 93 all over again, it's 93 and Arsenal". And that's how it still feels.

• Like 2

I would actually prefer Wednesday to switch to rugby, we could dominate the sport with our crowds. 

Wednesday 15

1) Hooper

2) Pelupessy

3) Clarke

4) Iorfa

5) Nuhiu

6) Borner

7) Hutchinson

8) Fletcher

9) Bannan

10) Forestieri

11) Harris