Wednesday or Rugby?

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Why is a total indifference to a posh boy game thats total shybo hard to understand ?

Owen Farrell and George Ford don’t sound that posh to me, but even if the game is a bit middle/upper class why not enjoy if for what it is? Cricket’s arguably even more elitist as nearly all the England players went to public school, but it certainly wouldn’t put me off watching.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

Now thats a tougher one.

After 15 minutes of thinking about it.....

Ive seen SWFC win a cup, and if we were ever to win the League it would mean i would have to pay 5 grand for a season ticket....... so

England to win the world cup. To be in the UK if that happened i believe would be absolutely wonderful.

To sweeten the deal Wednesday beat Arsenal in extra time for the cup win! 

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

A win and three points tomorrow or beat South Africa? 

What would you choose? 

Three points for me. 

The people who made out England winning the Rugby World Cup was as significant as a Football World Cup win, back in the Johnny Wilkinson days, made me laugh then. No change in opinion from me, it means as much to me as a  Rotheram result. 

Edited by Pale Rider
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

absolute chub end!!! 

wether you like rugby or not why wouldn’t you want your country to be world champions at something?

They can quite happily be world champions, but personally, I dont care. Nor am I going to jump on the bandwagon.

Nor will I watch it, as I find rugby that boring id rather tear my own eyeballs out, give them a cook and then eat them. 

Football yes, cricket yes, anything else not arsed. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 hours ago, Mycroft said:

A win and three points tomorrow or beat South Africa? 

What would you choose? 

Three points for me. 

Woaaaahhh.  What a silly question?  Good grief.  I'd rather rugby get wiped from existence if it mean 3 points for us! 

11 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

They can quite happily be world champions, but personally, I dont care. Nor am I going to jump on the bandwagon.

Nor will I watch it, as I find rugby that boring id rather tear my own eyeballs out, give them a cook and then eat them. 

Football yes, cricket yes, anything else not arsed. 

That’s absolutely fine and I understand rugby isn’t for everyone and I don’t watch it but for an English person to say they would sooner have a crap than our nation win the World Cup at a major sport is stupidity of the highest order.

Baffling and just typifies the nonsense that gets served up on this forum!!