Jump to content
Inspector Lestrade

Wednesday or Rugby?

Recommended Posts

thewookieisdown
5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

BANG!

pass the racing paper.

Ballyoptic in the Charlie Hall perhaps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NYCOWL

Does this mean we will win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mus

Same old England, nearly men ................

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buddy Repperton
2 minutes ago, Mus said:

Same old England, nearly men ................

Not in 2003!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kobayashi

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mus
5 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Not in 2003!

 

Oh Yeah you're right, was getting confused with the England football team :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

Keep your politics elsewhere.

 

Commiserations to England from a NI man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Birley Owl 1867
53 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Just worked out that rugby is generally a bit crap. Too many pens and way too much time wasted setting up pens and all the other crap.

They need to stop the clock when setting up the pens etc. totally kills the game.

Its not usually like that. South Africa had a game plan to win the match on penalties.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Birley Owl 1867
5 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

thrower

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thewookieisdown
7 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

Some sympathy for that, but support for national sports teams is by no menas the same thing as nationalism, and important not to leave this space to the vermin of the far right.

 

 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HillsboroughOwlNI
2 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Some sympathy for that, but support for national sports teams is by no menas the same thing as nationalism, and important not to leave this space to the vermin of the far right.

 

 

You’re every bit as bad as he is.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OWL1969
16 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Oh well, that’s the mini Farage types back in their box and we can all get back to wanting a Sheffield Double - Wednesday win, Utd lose.

Mini Farages? Wtf?

I'm English and proud of it, always have been always will be. Doesn't mean I like how the countries run or certain things that go off in it.

The problem with this County is the snowflakes, who don't allow you to show patriotism especially at Sporting events.

You keep smiling at the fact that England lost.

Anyway c'mon Wednesday aren't we guaranteed to win now?

Isn't that how this works?

 

 

Edited by OWL1969
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Loxley Owl

This morning I was firmly in the rugby camp. 
 

I’m not going to Blackburn today but if Wednesday are as bad as England were this morning and the cricket team were in the Ashes, I’ll start watching flipping tennis.

 

Before anyone says anything, pyjama cricket doesn’t count and can fizz off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OWL1969
5 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

This morning I was firmly in the rugby camp. 
 

I’m not going to Blackburn today but if Wednesday are as bad as England were this morning and the cricket team were in the Ashes, I’ll start watching flipping tennis.

 

Before anyone says anything, pyjama cricket doesn’t count and can fizz off. 

It's great watching Tennis when Murray plays.

If he wins he a Brit

If he loses he a Jock

Win win situation. 

 

 

Edited by OWL1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
torres
26 minutes ago, Mus said:

Same old England, nearly men ................


cricket World Cup winners this summer 

 

probably the greatest sporting nation in the world - but don’t let that stop you being a bell end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dorian gray
34 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Go on then. What was wrong with the ref? 

 

Outpowered (and outthought) front 8s leak penalties. Not a pretty sight. 

at scrummage he leaned their way for 75 minutes and they ran all over us.

he leaned our way for 5 minutes and the tide turned our way for that brief period.

not every referee would have seen every call the way he did. yet I saw him coming, as did my two colleagues, all of us mentioned the overriding fact for our 'concern' was he was french, and they have a somewhat 'unique' way of refereeing english sides.

if you want to see an england side tow, appoint a french ref.

no doubt south africa proved the stronger side on the day, a more 'balanced' referee would have made it a more even game.

however, there can be no excuse for our 'childlike' ball handling in the first half.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OWL1969
6 minutes ago, torres said:


cricket World Cup winners this summer 

 

probably the greatest sporting nation in the world - but don’t let that stop you being a bell end 

Cricket WC 1st

Rugby union WC 2nd

Rugby League WC 2nd (I think) 

The WC 4th.

Olympics 2nd? (Ok it GB) in medal table (again not certain on this)

 

Could say nearly men.

 

I'd much rather say, the greatest sporting nation across all forms of sport.

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dorian gray
11 minutes ago, Loxley Owl said:

This morning I was firmly in the rugby camp. 
 

I’m not going to Blackburn today but if Wednesday are as bad as England were this morning and the cricket team were in the Ashes, I’ll start watching flipping tennis.

 

Before anyone says anything, pyjama cricket doesn’t count and can fizz off. 

we didn't win at that, we just ended up with the trophy.

the umpire being motm, as the ref was today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Inspector Lestrade
5 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

at scrummage he leaned their way for 75 minutes and they ran all over us.

he leaned our way for 5 minutes and the tide turned our way for that brief period.

not every referee would have seen every call the way he did. yet I saw him coming, as did my two colleagues, all of us mentioned the overriding fact for our 'concern' was he was french, and they have a somewhat 'unique' way of refereeing english sides.

if you want to see an england side tow, appoint a french ref.

no doubt south africa proved the stronger side on the day, a more 'balanced' referee would have made it a more even game.

however, there can be no excuse for our 'childlike' ball handling in the first half.  

 

Typical blame it on the French. 

 

As a complete novice it was obvious to me that English were outthought and outfought in all areas.  That little lad with the long hair never stopped running and harriering our players.

 

If that was the England football team the press would be having a field day slagging them off.

 

Anyway back to real football now.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dorian gray
Just now, Mycroft said:

 

Typical blame it on the French. 

 

As a complete novice it was obvious to me that English were outthought and outfought in all areas.  That little lad with the long hair never stopped running and harriering our players.

 

If that was the England football team the press would be having a field day slagging them off.

 

Anyway back to real football now.

 

 

 

 

as you say 'a complete novice'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...