Tickets wba

Guest The Claw

10 hours ago, torres said:

Be as condescending as you like pal 

I’m interested how it would work at football. 

Do a basic example if you get chance, it would be much appreciated. 

I’m not convinced hotel rooms/flights pricing can be transferred to football tickets 

I think it would cause more aggravation in the fan base. You pay 30 quid for a seat and you find out the bloke next to you as only paid 20 because he bought last minute.

It works in hotels and travel where there is a finite number of space. Ok the same applies to a football stadium, but if there is always space you would quickly work out holding back is beneficial.

We have long had this debate on here, but I am yet to be convinced the pricing mechanism at S6 materially changes our turnover. 

Even if it generated 500k more over a season we spend in total what 40m. 

A simple 3 tier pricing system with no games priced above category D level as it currently stands 

6 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think it would cause more aggravation in the fan base. You pay 30 quid for a seat and you find out the bloke next to you as only paid 20 because he bought last minute.

It works in hotels and travel where there is a finite number of space. Ok the same applies to a football stadium, but if there is always space you would quickly work out holding back is beneficial.

We have long had this debate on here, but I am yet to be convinced the pricing mechanism at S6 materially changes our turnover. 

Even if it generated 500k more over a season we spend in total what 40m. 

A simple 3 tier pricing system with no games priced above category D level as it currently stands 

That was exactly my thinking on all points you’ve made. I didn’t make any sense to me but I thought I was missing something. 

On 01/11/2019 at 01:19, legendaryswan said:

Too late mate ALL our casual fans have found new toys,You didnt really expect em to twiddle their bits and wait around for a price drop did ya?

I know at least dozen that watch football elswhere these days,take their kids and still have funds to pay the missus,a few others have dropped football alltogether and do stuff with the kids and loveing it,ones got into go karting big style another runs a kids team and got right into coaching youngsters,a fair few go fishing,to a man they all say theyd never set foot in S6 till "Hes Gone" meaning Chansiri.

I'm in that category. Moved to Harrogate last year. £14 to watch Town. Decent standard of football and 15 minute walk to ground.

Guest LondonOwl313

There’s no chance that Wednesday fans aren’t going to Hillsborough because of the prices then turning up at Bramall Lane, that’s not how it works. I don’t think there are many ‘casual’ fans who will come and attend. You might get some neutrals coming if you’re in the Prem and playing the top 6, as they would want to see the best players. But doubt there’s much neutral attendance outside of those games.

Would imagine that there are at least 100,000 people who support Wednesday and have attended games from time to time. Most of them wouldn’t attend on a regular basis as there’s no interest in doing that. We have the hardcore of 20k, and I would imagine that there are around another 20k who would attend under the right circumstances (team playing well, being in the top flight, prices affordable).

Our pricing strategy is all wrong. It would be much better to have Hillsborough full every game. But to do that you’re going to have to be imaginative. Slash prices for both season tickets and POTG, advertise heavily, do package deals.

I suspect that the current model is close to maximising revenue, that’s probably why we charge the rip off prices in the first place. But if you cut season ticket prices by 30%, sell another 5-10% of them, then significantly boost POTG too by much more attractive prices and deals the atmosphere would be so much better. And I’d imagine that revenue would be lower but not significantly vs now. Football isn’t just a business it’s a community thing so these things should be considered. We could average 30k in the right conditions in this league as that’s the way football has gone with more interest in attending matches from millennials than previous generations.

If we’re talking a £1-2m difference in revenue then its worth it. Just cut the playing budget, that’s less than we pay Rhodes to sit at home every year