Beattie arrival imminent ??

It takes a rare manager to set and carry through that kind of long term vision. They tend to come and go unless they quickly achieve and then maintain success. The continuity needs to come from the owner, or someone the owner delegates it to such as a chief exec or director of football. It’s totally baffling to me why we wouldn’t have any kind of similar structure.

52 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It takes a rare manager to set and carry through that kind of long term vision. They tend to come and go unless they quickly achieve and then maintain success. The continuity needs to come from the owner, or someone the owner delegates it to such as a chief exec or director of football. It’s totally baffling to me why we wouldn’t have any kind of similar structure.

I think DC would love to have a manager long term. He would have given CC the earth if he had kept us in contention that third season. I get the feeling he would have stuck by him even though we weren't doing well if he hadn't wanted to go to his boyhood team in the Premiershiplol

DC is all about loyalty, if Monk does well DC will want to look after him, it would be a job for as long as he wanted it. No problem as far as I'm concerned. It takes time to build a club and a team. Baby steps each season until you can comfortably stay in the Premiership  and then you build again to challenge the big clubs.

If we had a Wenger or Ferguson type I'd be happy.

• Like 1

I genuinely think if the Chairman was able to stick with a manager for a considerable amount of time then he would be delighted. As has already been said I think if the Chairman could’ve kept Carlos for longer then I’m sure he would have? The problem is that it’s getting more and more acute for the Chairman’s investment for us to get promoted ASAP and this will probably determine how long a manager gets here?

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

I watched the replay of Blackburn game on Wednesday site and it was mentioned in commentary that Ryan Needs had arrived this week from Birmingham and is now head of game analysis for Wednesday.

Easy for him today to analyse that game then! :laugh:

We definitely need to add to the coaching team, Beattie can show everyone where the net is!