A Minute of your Time

6 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Careful mate. I'm a fair bloke and like the banter, but don't get personal. You want to call someone a mug, go and do it up to them face to face, that way you can also face the inevitable consequence of your action. My guess is you wouldn't have the bottle.

Friends?

Sorry wasn’t directly trying to offend you ,it was a comment on a video that showed the excellence of one of our players and my view that the people that want him replacing are Mugs which I stand by .

If that offends you to the point that you want to try to intimidate someone with threats then maybe Owlstalk is not the place for you.

Alternatively  if you walk around with a 

“Bannan is poo T Shirt on ” or maybe stand up in the middle of the North slagging the lad off someone will take you up on your offer .

6 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Careful mate. I'm a fair bloke and like the banter, but don't get personal. You want to call someone a mug, go and do it up to them face to face, that way you can also face the inevitable consequence of your action. My guess is you wouldn't have the bottle.

Friends?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Friends?

Spikes missus clearly said no to getting his leg over tonight then.

Threatening a feyt over football opinions deary me lol

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Sorry wasn’t directly trying to offend you ,it was a comment on a video that showed the excellence of one of our players and my view that the people that want him replacing are Mugs which I stand by .

If that offends you to the point that you want to try to intimidate someone with threats then maybe Owlstalk is not the place for you.

Alternatively  if you walk around with a 

“Bannan is poo T Shirt on ” or maybe stand up in the middle of the North slagging the lad off someone will take you up on your offer .

Fair do's. Seeing as I've been advocating leaving Bannan out in favour of a different midfield three, and, at the time when I posted I was the only one hinting at it again, I thought the comment was aimed at me. Whether it was or wasn't, "mugs" for me, is a bit much. Call us daft, tactically naive, had too much to drink or even a closet truffle hunter if you want, but I took offence to being called a mug.

You've said you stand by it, fair enough. It seems cos we're online the normal rules of society don't apply, because unless you like looking for trouble, I doubt very much you'd say it to someone you don't know if you were having a debate about it. In my opinion, they'd get p**sed of about it and call you out.

Let's get one thing clear, I'm not intimidating or threatening anyone. I ain't big enough and my days gobbing off at anyone ended when I was about 14.

What I said, if you read it back, is that if you go around calling people a mug, you'd better be prepared for the consequences of that, whatever that might be. Personally, I'm gonna call you out on it, because last time I checked it was post, not poster. How you take that up is your business.

Finally, I've never said "Bannan is poo", or anything remotely like it. To the contrary, I've commented that I like him as a player. I wish he was more productive, but that's more to do with what's ahead of him and around him. I'll be honest, I'm a little perplexed by the Bannan love in, but hey, each to their own. I certainly wouldn't call them mugs or any other insult.

Anyway, it appears I stirred a hornets nest. Like I said earlier, I apologise. If my back chat was a bit abrasive, I apologise for that too, but intimidating, threatening... Give over.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Spikes missus clearly said no to getting his leg over tonight then.

Threatening a feyt over football opinions deary me lol

Mate she says that most nights, nowt new there, I'd say no too.

I wasn't threatening anyone. See my latest post. I commented that I doubt you'd do that face to face, to anyone really.

Or maybe folk do. I took offence, I made that clear. My bad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

I'll be honest, I'm a little perplexed by the Bannan love in

I have to agree with this. 

Bannan is a good Championship player and one of our better players.  

There are better creative midfielders in the Championship such as Eze, Phillips, Pereira, Cairney, Daniel Johnson, Joe Allen. 

Bannan is weak defensively. Not his fault, not a criticism, he’s just not suited to defensive duties and therefore at times is a liability. 

Don’t think any are suggesting drop Bannan forever, rather that we have different / better options for certain games, opponents and situations. Like everyone else in the squad Bannan isn’t and shouldn’t be “ undroppable ” based on form, fitness, fatigue or tactics. 

Bannan is a firm favourite of the fans because of his love for the club and his passion and commitment. Also for some of his performances. However, like everyone else in the squad he’s good championship standard but not much more and if a better option became available we should upgrade 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, pressy said:

Really don't agree, his stats for goals and assists is not good enough for the amount of ball he has 

Are you referring to that stats that put him as #1 for most of our passing and possession ones, or the fact he was the 4th highest assist maker in the Championship in 2018/19?

Just want to be clear...

• Thanks 1

Bannan is a wonderful footballer. Seems incredibly harsh to immediately compare him to shezza. Fletcher isn’t Hirst and Harris ain’t waddle. We all know that. If he was shezza he wouldn’t be playing in the championship, he ain’t perfect, but which championship player is, the reason he is with us is because PL clubs haven’t come knocking, lacking size and pace for that I think. But for what we want, he is wonderful. As for the other stuff on this thread, I’m staying well clear of it. Everyone getting fired up about very little.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Folks, I've pm'd Hugeowl with an apology. I took offence to something that was posted. I should have phrased my reply much differently. My apologies.

Sorted 

apparently we attend the same pilates classes 

Edited by hugeowl

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

Folks, I've pm'd Hugeowl with an apology. I took offence to something that was posted. I should have phrased my reply much differently. My apologies.

Well done, takes a proper man to admit publicly he made a mistake (or more likely didn't word correctly) 

I'm sure he appreciates your personal apology too. UTO!

2 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

@wawawuto @Westfield Owl @mrbluesky

I noticed you all clicked the confused symbol

Might I ask what confused you?

Many can't recall the goal you mentioned, but it may also have something to do with the speed it's at on the clip.

I remember it being a fantastic goal (even better than Dalians earlier cracker) but never recall him having the pace he has on that Vid!