A Minute of your Time

Similar players in many ways both in their style of play and in the way they affect the way we play. We seemed to play better when Sheridan was on form and it’s no different now with Bannan.

The big difference of course is that Sheridan did it at the highest level. 

2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Some mugs on here think he needs replacing 

Careful mate. I'm a fair bloke and like the banter, but don't get personal. You want to call someone a mug, go and do it up to them face to face, that way you can also face the inevitable consequence of your action. My guess is you wouldn't have the bottle.

Friends?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

That goal against the pigs was a thing of beauty.

That it was mate, with about 40,000 in the stadium in midweek in the Zenith Data Systems Cup. It got back page headlines in a cup that barely got a mention most of the time.

Least that's how I remember it.

• Like 1

Guest LittleG
17 minutes ago, spike1867 said:

Careful mate. I'm a fair bloke and like the banter, but don't get personal. You want to call someone a mug, go and do it up to them face to face, that way you can also face the inevitable consequence of your action. My guess is you wouldn't have the bottle.

Friends?

Over reaction or what! 

21 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Over reaction or what! 

No mate not at all. Just calling it out.

Have banter, have a debate, have a laugh. Not much need for calling those that have a differing opinion "mugs".

If we all did that, then this site wouldn't function. It wouldn't be a forum.

See what we did there? We had an exchange of views and nobody got offended. It's what separates us from Captain Caveman.

If it makes you feel better.....

Hugeowl, I apologise for being a big girls blouse*.

*other gender garments are available, in varying sizes....... :unsure:

Back to football eh?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, spike1867 said:

Friends?

Why would you even think he was directing his comment at you though? He didn't even quote you, and in any case you never even mentioned anything about replacing Bannan so I don't see the connection between what you and he posted.

Your reaction seems bizarrely OTT.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Have banter, have a debate, have a laugh. Not much need for calling those that have a differing opinion "mugs".

See what we did there? We had an exchange of views and nobody got offended. It's what separates us from Captain Caveman.

Back to football eh?

No problem pal. Just thought that as he wasn't even calling you a mug, I thought your response was over the top. WAWAW 

3 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Back to football eh?

Mug

Bannan's a damn good player on his day, but we need 2 or 3 good players on their day for when one of the good players just isn't good enough on their day.

Now, does that entitle me to drink from a mug or do I sip my tea in polite fashion middle finger raised ?

We need strength in depth so we ensure consistency, which is often our main failure.

5 hours ago, oldowl67 said:

Similar players in many ways both in their style of play and in the way they affect the way we play. We seemed to play better when Sheridan was on form and it’s no different now with Bannan.

The big difference of course is that Sheridan did it at the highest level. 

Cant accept that these 2 are similar in the way they affect the way we play.  Sheridan could dictate the tempo and direction of an entire game at the highest level. Bannan is just our most creative central midfield player. 

Sheridan could boss a game against the very best in the Premier League at that time. Bannan is a decent championship player. 

Sheridan excelled at switching play and clever through balls. The majority of Sheridans work were high risk forward passes Bannan’s strength is recycling play and long diagonal balls. The majority of Bannan’s work is sideways and backwards. 

Comparing Bannan to Sheridan is like comparing Reach to Waddle. 

• Thanks 1